Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 23 Oct 2014, 10:03
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
TEENpup2010minibeta (Final) Ready for download
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 5 of 7 [104 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Colonel Panic

PostPosted: Mon 05 Apr 2010, 13:21    Post subject:  

Another update; my problems running Teenpup are (hopefully) now a thing of the past since I've just added another 256 MB of RAM (which I was given - thanks!), so I can now boot it up directly from the CD-ROM.

Thanks for a good job of work!

Cheers,

CP .

Stone Pentium IV (2.4 GHz), 2 GB of RAM, 160 GB hard drive running PuppEX 14.1, New Year's Pup 02, Puppy 4.31 Workhorse, Puppy X-Precise 2.4, Puppy Carolina 1.2, Puppy Legacy OS2 LTS, Puppy Diamond 528_512 (full) and Puppy Upup Raring 3.9.9.2.
puponmanyoldlaptops

PostPosted: Sun 18 Jul 2010, 00:07    Post subject: Just Saw TEENpup2101minibeta and am test driving it..  

Hello, John Biles!

I have TP2010mb and I am extra impressed with the layout, the look, feel and operation. You are an artist.

I miss Firefox, but have always liked Opera from my days using early Macintosh computers.

The included programs, the way it just works, it's a knockout!

Thanks for using an earlier Puppy for your basis. The old computers I target so far seem to take it in stride.

puponmanyoldlaptops
puponmanyoldlaptops

PostPosted: Sun 18 Jul 2010, 00:07    Post subject: Just Saw TEENpup2101minibeta and am test driving it..  

Hello, John Biles!

I have TP2010mb and I am extra impressed with the layout, the look, feel and operation. You are an artist.

I miss Firefox, but have always liked Opera from my days using early Macintosh computers.

The included programs, the way it just works, it's a knockout!

Thanks for using an earlier Puppy for your basis. The old computers I target so far seem to take it in stride.

puponmanyoldlaptops
umair

PostPosted: Mon 26 Sep 2011, 12:15    Post subject: Latest Pidgin for Teenpup mini
Subject description: Latest Pidgin for Teenpup mini

Hi Jone Biles!
What a gr8 work U have Done, PErsonally I like Teenpup mini Very much, works gr8 on my pc with FRUGAL install, just want to know that how do I install a latest pidgin? I installed from repos but its unable to connect to yahoo as its an old version. I posted this issue many times before but no luck yet. I know that U r a too much Bz Person Smile (as u have a family n kids ) but if u pls help me thn i will be happy or any other guy who can help.
thnx in advance
Regards
UMAIR
Colonel Panic

PostPosted: Mon 26 Sep 2011, 16:46    Post subject:  

I've also come back to it (Teenpup 2010) now. I had a problem with SolidPup (the browser crashes on Yahoo Mail), so I needed another Pup in a hurry and, as I hadn't tried this one for a while, I thought I'd give it a another go.

This probably deserves another thread, but;

Provided that they can run an up-to-date browser like Firefox 5 or 6 (or a recent Seamonkey), which some sites need now if you don't have Windows and thus IE 7 or 8, I think the 4.2 series of Pups is my favourite of all of them.

It can run all the 4 series software Pets, which I find very useful, and also, through dotpuphandler, all the earlier Pups which the later Puppies won't run (such as the ace of penguins suite of games, for example, and the rainlendar calendar app).

I also believe it's at least as stable as any of the more recent ones. So, no offence to anyone who uses or has worked on the Lucid Pups but 4.2 series Pups rock on!

Stone Pentium IV (2.4 GHz), 2 GB of RAM, 160 GB hard drive running PuppEX 14.1, New Year's Pup 02, Puppy 4.31 Workhorse, Puppy X-Precise 2.4, Puppy Carolina 1.2, Puppy Legacy OS2 LTS, Puppy Diamond 528_512 (full) and Puppy Upup Raring 3.9.9.2.

Last edited by Colonel Panic on Tue 05 Jun 2012, 16:29; edited 1 time in total
oligin10

PostPosted: Tue 27 Sep 2011, 14:29    Post subject: Thumbs Up!  

Wholeheartedly agree! 4.2 based Puppies still my favorite also!
Colonel Panic

PostPosted: Tue 27 Sep 2011, 18:16    Post subject:  

Great! Smile

Just one thing; is it possible to enable the right sidebar in Teenpup 2010, as it is enabled in LegacyOS and Teenpup 2009? I thought I saw something about it elsewhere but can't remember what it was.

oligin10

PostPosted: Wed 28 Sep 2011, 07:10    Post subject: Karamba desktop widget  

Hi CP, just go to menu>desktop>Karamba desktop widgets. Just click on it and it starts. Thanks, Rob
Colonel Panic

PostPosted: Wed 28 Sep 2011, 14:36    Post subject:  

Thanks! Just enabled it now. Smile

John's also done some themes for Legacy OS's sidebar which I might try out soon.

Cheers,

CP .

Last edited by Colonel Panic on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 03:58; edited 1 time in total
john biles

PostPosted: Wed 28 Sep 2011, 21:00    Post subject:  

To enable the Karamba Sidebar to start when TEENpup does

In the /root directory unhide all hidden files open .xinitrc by right mouse clicking on it and choosing "Open As Text" in ROX
scroll down until you see the line

#/usr/bin/karamba &

remove # from the start of the line so it now looks like this

/usr/bin/karamba &

Save and close Geany and your done. Now each time TEENpup 2010 Mini Beta starts so will the Karamba sidebar.

Feel free to use the Sidebar Backgrounds from here as they will work in TEENpup 2010 Mini Beta. http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=71769

Tman

PostPosted: Fri 30 Sep 2011, 01:13    Post subject:  

All I can say about this puplet from my initial reaction is simply ..wow. It's not only a puplet; It is a magnificient work of art! Wish I had discovered this one earlier. I will definately be playing around with this one. There are many apps in it that are new to me. I will enjoy trying them out. Thank you, John. Cool
Colonel Panic

PostPosted: Fri 30 Sep 2011, 03:59    Post subject:  

john biles wrote:
To enable the Karamba Sidebar to start when TEENpup does

In the /root directory unhide all hidden files open .xinitrc by right mouse clicking on it and choosing "Open As Text" in ROX
scroll down until you see the line

#/usr/bin/karamba &

remove # from the start of the line so it now looks like this

/usr/bin/karamba &

Save and close Geany and your done. Now each time TEENpup 2010 Mini Beta starts so will the Karamba sidebar.

Feel free to use the Sidebar Backgrounds from here as they will work in TEENpup 2010 Mini Beta. http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=71769

Thanks, I'll try that soon.

Best,

CP .

umair

PostPosted: Mon 03 Oct 2011, 06:45    Post subject:  

HELLO EVERY BODY,
IS THERE IS ANYONE WHO COULD TELL ME THAT HOW TO INSTALL A PIDGIN OR ANY WORKING YAHOO CHAT CLIENT IN TEEN PUP MINI?
ANY HELP IN THIS REGARD WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.
THANKS IN ADVANCE
oligin10

PostPosted: Mon 03 Oct 2011, 08:43    Post subject: kopete  

Hi, sorry no one has answered your previous question on this. Have you tried Kopete? I don't use Yahoo chat, but I can use it for MSN Messenger. Let me know if it doesn't work, and I will set up a Yahoo chat account and try to find a way to get something to work. Pidgin has a lot of problems with older puppies. Thanks, Rob
oligin10

PostPosted: Mon 03 Oct 2011, 19:33    Post subject: Kopete doesn't work  

Sorry, but I just got home, and setup Yahoo messenger on Kopete. Doesn't work. A solution I use at work is to use Ebuddy. I just checked on my home laptop, and it works. I use Opera 11.11 which I installed as a .pet. I didn't try to uninstall existing Opera, just installed Opera 11.11. Hope this helps. Thanks, Rob
P.S. If this doesn't help, let me know why. Just curious.
Page 5 of 7 [104 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: