dotpups.de is not found on servage.net

For groups of packages that don't all fall under the same category
tommy

dotpups.de is not found on servage.net

#1 Post by tommy »

Anyone knows what happened to the useful site http://dotpups.de ??
It seems down... Two days ago it worked well. Maybe it overpassed bandwidth limits?

Known mirrors?

I hope Puppy won't lose such a great repository! I'm still a Puppy 2.01 fan (it works very well on pentium 133 MHZ...).

Colonel Panic

#2 Post by Colonel Panic »

Yeah, me too. I use later Puppies than yours but still install dotpups from time to time.
Gigabyte M68MT-52P motherboard, AMD Athlon II X4 630, 5.8 GB of DDR3 RAM and a 250 GB Hitachi hard drive running Ubuntu 16.04.6, MX-19.2, Peppermint 10, PCLinuxOS 20.02, LXLE 18.04.3, Pardus 19.2, exGENT 200119, Bionic Pup 8.0 and Xenial CE 7.5 XL.

tommy

EDITED: today it works !!

#3 Post by tommy »

I'm glad to see that today MU's site dotpups.de works again!! I think i will make a back-up CD of the most useful dotpups there, in case of future server disasters....

Have a nice day!

MU

#4 Post by MU »

There was a symlink missing... I do not remember to have removed it, must have been by accident, or for traffic reasons by servage.

I did upload 48 GB in the last weeks, a complete mirror of the other site puppyisos.org.
I currently run and pay two servers at servage, and want to "merge" them to one to reduce the cost. So I must have deactivated it by accident.

I however now also downloaded dotpups.de completely to have a current backup.

In case, it is not reachable again, please send me a personal message, as I will see that in my email-client quickly, and then may investigate within 1 day.

cheers, Mark
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=173456#173456]my recommended links[/url]

MU

#5 Post by MU »

dotpups.de is down again.

This time I received a mail from servage.
The folder of menno was accessed, and a phishing script was placed there.

I cleaned it up, and removed the ftp-accounts of menno and itamember for security reasons, and finally removed writeaccess on their folders.
Like this their accounts no longer can be abused by crackers.

They were the only ones with access to dedicated subfolders of the site, and I think they were not active since quite a long time, so it should be fine.

I opened a supportticket to servage requesting a re-activation of the site, so lets see how long it takes.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Mark
Last edited by MU on Mon 10 Oct 2011, 20:28, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=173456#173456]my recommended links[/url]

MU

#6 Post by MU »

there were some more phishing scripts, with help of the servage technichians I now cleaned everything.

Here is the last message:
Thank you for reply.

We have unsuspended your account, please note that your all site should work after 3 hours from now.

Please get back to us if you need any help.
So back to service soon.

Mark

tommy

#7 Post by tommy »

MU wrote:
I opened a supportticket to servage requesting a re-activation of the site, so lets see how long it takes.

Mark
Mark, no need to say sorry!!! I am grateful for your efforts in giving a good repository of old packages to old Puppies. If dotpups.de goes down, that's not your fault :) !!

Thank you so much for your work!

Bye.

saintless

#8 Post by saintless »

tommy wrote:MU wrote:

Mark
Mark, no need to say sorry!!! I am grateful for your efforts in giving a good repository of old packages to old Puppies. If dotpups.de goes down, that's not your fault :) !!

Thank you so much for your work!

Bye.
Seconded :)
Thousand thanks from me too!