TEENpup2010minibeta (Final) Ready for download

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Colonel Panic

#61 Post by Colonel Panic »

Another update; my problems running Teenpup are (hopefully) now a thing of the past since I've just added another 256 MB of RAM (which I was given - thanks!), so I can now boot it up directly from the CD-ROM.

Thanks for a good job of work!

Cheers,

CP .
Gigabyte M68MT-52P motherboard, AMD Athlon II X4 630, 5.8 GB of DDR3 RAM and a 250 GB Hitachi hard drive running Ubuntu 16.04.6, MX-19.2, Peppermint 10, PCLinuxOS 20.02, LXLE 18.04.3, Pardus 19.2, exGENT 200119, Bionic Pup 8.0 and Xenial CE 7.5 XL.

puponmanyoldlaptops

Just Saw TEENpup2101minibeta and am test driving it..

#62 Post by puponmanyoldlaptops »

Hello, John Biles!

I have TP2010mb and I am extra impressed with the layout, the look, feel and operation. You are an artist.

I miss Firefox, but have always liked Opera from my days using early Macintosh computers.

The included programs, the way it just works, it's a knockout!

Thanks for using an earlier Puppy for your basis. The old computers I target so far seem to take it in stride.

puponmanyoldlaptops

puponmanyoldlaptops

Just Saw TEENpup2101minibeta and am test driving it..

#63 Post by puponmanyoldlaptops »

Hello, John Biles!

I have TP2010mb and I am extra impressed with the layout, the look, feel and operation. You are an artist.

I miss Firefox, but have always liked Opera from my days using early Macintosh computers.

The included programs, the way it just works, it's a knockout!

Thanks for using an earlier Puppy for your basis. The old computers I target so far seem to take it in stride.

puponmanyoldlaptops

umair

Latest Pidgin for Teenpup mini

#64 Post by umair »

Hi Jone Biles!
What a gr8 work U have Done, PErsonally I like Teenpup mini Very much, works gr8 on my pc with FRUGAL install, just want to know that how do I install a latest pidgin? I installed from repos but its unable to connect to yahoo as its an old version. I posted this issue many times before but no luck yet. I know that U r a too much Bz Person :) (as u have a family n kids ) but if u pls help me thn i will be happy or any other guy who can help.
thnx in advance
Regards
UMAIR

Colonel Panic

#65 Post by Colonel Panic »

I've also come back to it (Teenpup 2010) now. I had a problem with SolidPup (the browser crashes on Yahoo Mail), so I needed another Pup in a hurry and, as I hadn't tried this one for a while, I thought I'd give it a another go.

This probably deserves another thread, but;

Provided that they can run an up-to-date browser like Firefox 5 or 6 (or a recent Seamonkey), which some sites need now if you don't have Windows and thus IE 7 or 8, I think the 4.2 series of Pups is my favourite of all of them.

It can run all the 4 series software Pets, which I find very useful, and also, through dotpuphandler, all the earlier Pups which the later Puppies won't run (such as the ace of penguins suite of games, for example, and the rainlendar calendar app).

I also believe it's at least as stable as any of the more recent ones. So, no offence to anyone who uses or has worked on the Lucid Pups but 4.2 series Pups rock on!
Last edited by Colonel Panic on Tue 05 Jun 2012, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.
Gigabyte M68MT-52P motherboard, AMD Athlon II X4 630, 5.8 GB of DDR3 RAM and a 250 GB Hitachi hard drive running Ubuntu 16.04.6, MX-19.2, Peppermint 10, PCLinuxOS 20.02, LXLE 18.04.3, Pardus 19.2, exGENT 200119, Bionic Pup 8.0 and Xenial CE 7.5 XL.

oligin10

Thumbs Up!

#66 Post by oligin10 »

Wholeheartedly agree! 4.2 based Puppies still my favorite also!

Colonel Panic

#67 Post by Colonel Panic »

Great! :)

Just one thing; is it possible to enable the right sidebar in Teenpup 2010, as it is enabled in LegacyOS and Teenpup 2009? I thought I saw something about it elsewhere but can't remember what it was.

oligin10

Karamba desktop widget

#68 Post by oligin10 »

Hi CP, just go to menu>desktop>Karamba desktop widgets. Just click on it and it starts. Thanks, Rob

Colonel Panic

#69 Post by Colonel Panic »

Thanks! Just enabled it now. :)

John's also done some themes for Legacy OS's sidebar which I might try out soon.

Cheers,

CP .
Last edited by Colonel Panic on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 07:58, edited 1 time in total.

john biles

#70 Post by john biles »

To enable the Karamba Sidebar to start when TEENpup does

In the /root directory unhide all hidden files open .xinitrc by right mouse clicking on it and choosing "Open As Text" in ROX
scroll down until you see the line

#/usr/bin/karamba &

remove # from the start of the line so it now looks like this

/usr/bin/karamba &

Save and close Geany and your done. Now each time TEENpup 2010 Mini Beta starts so will the Karamba sidebar.

Feel free to use the Sidebar Backgrounds from here as they will work in TEENpup 2010 Mini Beta. http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=71769
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.

Tman

#71 Post by Tman »

All I can say about this puplet from my initial reaction is simply ..wow. It's not only a puplet; It is a magnificient work of art! Wish I had discovered this one earlier. I will definately be playing around with this one. There are many apps in it that are new to me. I will enjoy trying them out. Thank you, John. 8)

Colonel Panic

#72 Post by Colonel Panic »

john biles wrote:To enable the Karamba Sidebar to start when TEENpup does

In the /root directory unhide all hidden files open .xinitrc by right mouse clicking on it and choosing "Open As Text" in ROX
scroll down until you see the line

#/usr/bin/karamba &

remove # from the start of the line so it now looks like this

/usr/bin/karamba &

Save and close Geany and your done. Now each time TEENpup 2010 Mini Beta starts so will the Karamba sidebar.

Feel free to use the Sidebar Backgrounds from here as they will work in TEENpup 2010 Mini Beta. http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=71769
Thanks, I'll try that soon.

Best,

CP .

umair

#73 Post by umair »

HELLO EVERY BODY,
IS THERE IS ANYONE WHO COULD TELL ME THAT HOW TO INSTALL A PIDGIN OR ANY WORKING YAHOO CHAT CLIENT IN TEEN PUP MINI?
ANY HELP IN THIS REGARD WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.
THANKS IN ADVANCE

oligin10

kopete

#74 Post by oligin10 »

Hi, sorry no one has answered your previous question on this. Have you tried Kopete? I don't use Yahoo chat, but I can use it for MSN Messenger. Let me know if it doesn't work, and I will set up a Yahoo chat account and try to find a way to get something to work. Pidgin has a lot of problems with older puppies. Thanks, Rob

oligin10

Kopete doesn't work

#75 Post by oligin10 »

Sorry, but I just got home, and setup Yahoo messenger on Kopete. Doesn't work. A solution I use at work is to use Ebuddy. I just checked on my home laptop, and it works. I use Opera 11.11 which I installed as a .pet. I didn't try to uninstall existing Opera, just installed Opera 11.11. Hope this helps. Thanks, Rob
P.S. If this doesn't help, let me know why. Just curious.

umair

#76 Post by umair »

Hi oligin10:
1st of all thnx for the reply dear,
2nd thing is that kopete didnt work with yahoo account,
only thing is to use pidgin is that It gives an option to chat in yahoo rooms, (I never tried ebuddy). Want to tell u in detail that why I want to use Pidgin in Teenpup mini?
I m currently using different puplets i.e. Wary Puppy 5, Lupu 525. The reason hy I choses Teenpupmini is that it detects my web camera BENQ DC1300 (I used Gyachi 1.2.2 alognwith webcam chat, it works superbly).
I tried to google the solution also posted the question many times on this forum that how to use or configure v4l1 in lucid puppy for webcamera? but I havent get the single reply from any body so far. Gyachi the best Yahoo messenger, but its unable to connect to yahoo chat rooms now (I think yahoo changes the chat server it gaves an error of CAPTIA or something like that when I tred to connect to yahoo chat room) thts why I m looking for an other opetions ....
If u have any idea regarding the above matter thn plssssssssss
inform me
Sorry for bad English
Regards
UMAIR

oligin10

Thanks

#77 Post by oligin10 »

Thanks for the detailed reply, it really helps. Not sure about chat rooms, but try Ebuddy, see if it works with chat rooms. If not, I will try finding a pidgin that I can get working with TEENpup Mini. Just PM me with what you find also, so I don't forget to check back with you. Thanks, Rob

oligin10

Easiest and quickest workaround

#78 Post by oligin10 »

1) Install wine
2) Install portableapps suite to flash drive, easiest with windows
3) Add pidgin to portableapps
4) Start portableapps suite from wine, then start pidgin
I tried this, everything seems to be ok. Any questions, just pm me that you posted a message. Thanks, Rob

umair

#79 Post by umair »

Rob
Thnx for the deatailed info:
I will try and thn will inform u and post the results,
once again thnx
Regards
UMAIR

singlshot

Teen pup 2010 mini

#80 Post by singlshot »

mr Johnb

Loaded teenpup full to harddrive ext2 part. 1.4 Ghz prosser 500 Mb ram 3day ago .love it posting with it niw will listning to cd .no problems. In reading this tread I hope all problims have been solved . nI'm new to puppy linux ,tryed lindows 10 years ago couldn't git to understand it then plus hd crashed. Again thank you for teenpup and legacy so 2 ,also on the dh .

thank you
singlshot