TEENpup2010minibeta (Final) Ready for download

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
oligin10

Working Pidgin for 4.21 based Puppies

#81 Post by oligin10 »

Hi UMAIR, just a followup. Found how to get working pidgin, I think.
Go to: "http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=43667"
Just follow directions in last post on page 2. Seems to work. Don't know why I didn't find this earlier, when I was hunting for Pidgin for myself.
Thanks, Rob

umair

#82 Post by umair »

Rob:
Thnx for the reply.
I follow up the instruction of the link which u mention:
"http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=43667"
I manage to start pidgin, but it fails to connect to yahoo :(
I think its also an old version of pidgin i.e. 2.5.8. somebody has to compile a 2.6 or later version of pidgin for teen pup mini, but dont know why no body is interested in this as I m searching for the solution from last 02 months. (No luck yet). Rob I m posting a screenshot of pidgin which shows the error. hope u can figure it out.
Best Regards
UMAIR

oligin10

Loos to be working for me

#83 Post by oligin10 »

Hi UMAIR, just tried to enter chat room, and works just fine for me. Sent you a pm, with my yahoo user name. Going to be busy at work all day Saturday. Thanks, Rob

umair

#84 Post by umair »

Rob:
as I mentioned that Pidgin gaves me an error when I tried to login to my yahoo account thn I it is possible to goto chat rooms without login :(
me at home today, free n waiting for ur answer :) I also sent u an ID of my yahoo account.

oligin10

Logged in right now to Yahoo

#85 Post by oligin10 »

Can you log in another way? I am pretty sure I am in right now, but since I don't use it any more, I can't check any one's status. My yahoo user id is rob_pettet. Can you give me your user id to see if I can add you as a buddy? Thanks, Rob

oligin10

How to get Pidgin working in TEENpup 2010 Mini

#86 Post by oligin10 »

Beside using the Pidgin for Puppy Linux 4.21, and copying the four files I referenced earlier, you need to add seamonkey-1.1.8-no_mailnews.pet. This adds the ssl support for Pidgin. Not sure, as I just tend to stumble upon things, but it does work, at least in TEENpup Mini. Hope this will help out anyone needing the chat room function of Pidgin. Thanks, Rob

umair

#87 Post by umair »

Dear Rob (Oligin10)
Thnx for the keen interest in solving my problem.
The solution which u sent did the trick :) now I m able to connect to yahoo account as well as able to open different chat rooms in Teenpup mini. I installed the pet seamonkey-1.1.14-no_mailnews restarted the system and its DONE :)
Once again thnx alot for ur effort .
Take Care
Best Regards
UMAIR

umair

#88 Post by umair »

Hello Every One:
I tried the above steps to change the default background of Karamba, but it did not worked for me,
any Idea??

umair

#89 Post by umair »

umair wrote:Hello Every One:
I tried the above steps to change the default background of Karamba, but it did not worked for me,
any Idea??
I manage to change the background karamba side bar, I tried another way, I unziped the theme file to a temp folder thn replaces the back.png file with default back.png file :). worked for ME
Regards
UMAIR

john biles

#90 Post by john biles »

Hello umair,
Sorry about your problems with the Karamba themes. I discovered I'd changed the Directory name used in Legacy OS 2 so those wanting to use these Karamba background themes in TEENpup 2010 Mini need to do what umair did... Sorry again.
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.

umair

#91 Post by umair »

john biles wrote:Hello umair,
Sorry about your problems with the Karamba themes. I discovered I'd changed the Directory name used in Legacy OS 2 so those wanting to use these Karamba background themes in TEENpup 2010 Mini need to do what umair did... Sorry again.
John:
Thanks for the reply and information.
Best Regards
UMAIR

umair

#92 Post by umair »

Hello Every One:
I want to install latest seamonkey in teenpup mini, I downloaded .pet and a lib file called libgio.pet from the link: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=48301
I installed, teenpup shows lots of missing dependencies but I manage to run it. Now at startup it shows the error( I m posting the screen shot).
If any body can help tht How to install latest seamonkey or firefox 3.6 or later as the default opera of teen pup not works well in facebook.
thnx in advance.
UMAIR

umair

#93 Post by umair »

I want to install latest seamonkey in teenpup mini, I downloaded .pet and a lib file called libgio.pet from the link: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=48301
I installed, teenpup shows lots of missing dependencies but I manage to run it. Now at startup it shows the error( I m posting the screen shot).
If any body can help tht How to install latest seamonkey or firefox 3.6 or later as the default opera of teen pup not works well in facebook.
Hi There!
I have sill the same error at startup of Seamonkey, but after that seamonkey is working nicely.
UMAIR

Enrique Corbellini

thanks Mr Biles

#94 Post by Enrique Corbellini »

(translation, google helped)
Kaul is a great programmer, but Biles is even better and just takes over and orders him on the PCs, not the PC on him as it happens to other programmers.
I mean, although in his words, this for you, Biles, is only a hobby, it is not however for many people in the world, since they need computers and internet connection to live.
Sometimes I find people who know nothing about computers. When I hear someone say that doesn't know about computers, I like to help, because those who do not know computers, have no preferences and then say what they sincerely think.
A few days ago someone who knows nothing about computers, asked me for advice on what to use. So I remembered Biles' operating system. But then I remembered that there was no news about the hardware's PCs created by free software users.
I remember they had created a PC processor which they called green because it was biodegradable.
It's a bit silly for Linux programmers have to make new operating systems every year to see the same videos and work the same photographs, which they can no longer add new technology, because they are taking pictures that the human eye cannot capture.
Television is filled with images of huge complex and mobile speed that no human eye that wants to stay healthy need.
During 2010 and 2011 I used Biles' operating system, Teen Pup, and while my friends lived worry about updating their systems, I worked all the time forgetting my software and focusing only on the tasks to be fulfilled.
But I guess those who created the green computer processor, biodegradable, needed to update their software even less than in my case, since they even didn't have to worry about the marks of processors in the world, whether Intel or AMD.
These people are even better than the computer programmers, because they do not even need to think about what Microsoft does. I have known ecological communities such that all technology is created for themselves, because they have become aware that the technology currently is being created in the world, is not to help humanity. Today new technology is created only to make money, it's not like in the beginning.
Mr. Biles, since you say you love computer but love your family more, I wish you the best of luck in the future of this, and that you can get for you and your loved ones, this computation which does not rely on Windows but also not on Linux. I think it's something you deserve.

(original)
Kauler es un gran programador, pero Biles es aún mejor y simplemente se adueña de la computación y ordena él sobre las PC, no las PC sobre él como le sucede al resto de los programadores.
Me refiero a que si bien según sus palabras, esto para usted, Biles, es solamente un hobbie, no lo es en cambio para muchas personas en el mundo, ya que necesitan las computadoras y la conexión a internet para vivir.
A veces encuentro personas que no saben nada de computación. Cuando escucho opinar a alguien que no sabe de computación, me agrada ayudarlos, porque quienes no saben de computación no tienen preferencias y entonces dicen lo que sinceramente piensan.
Hace pocos días alguien que no entiende de computadoras, me pidió consejo sobre qué utilizar. Primero recordé el sistema operativo de Biles. Pero luego recordé que no hubo más noticias acerca de aquel PC con procesador creado por usuarios de linux.
Recuerdo habían creado un procesador para PC al que le llamaron ecológico, porque era biodegradable.
Es algo tonto que todos los años los programadores de linux tengan que hacer nuevos sistemas operativos para poder ver los mismos videos y trabajar las mismas fotografías, a las que ya no se les puede añadir nueva tecnología, porque estan tomando imágenes que el ojo humano ya no puede captar.
La televisión se ha llenado de imágenes complejas y móviles de enorme velocidad, que ningún ojo humano que quiera mantenerse sano, necesita.
Durante 2010 y 2011 usé el sistema operativo de Biles, Teen Pup, y mientras mis amigos vivían preocupados por actualizar sus sistemas operativos, yo trabajé todo el tiempo olvidando mi software y concentrándome únicamente en las tareas que debía cumplir.
Pero imagino que aquellos que crearon el procesador y la computadora biodegradable, necesitaron aún menos actualizar su software que en mi caso, ya que ellos ni siquiera debieron preocuparse por las marcas de procesadores que hay en el mundo, fuesen intel o amd.
Estas personas son aún mejores informáticos que los programadores, porque ni siquiera necesitan pensar en lo que hace Microsoft. He conocido por ejemplo comunidades ecológicas que toda la tecnología la crean para ellos mismos, porque han tomado conciencia de que la tecnología que actualmente se crea en el mundo, no es para ayudar a la humanidad. Hoy día solamente se crea nueva tecnología para hacer dinero, ya no es como en los comienzos.
Sr. Biles, ya que usted dice que ama la computación pero ama más a su familia, le deseo la mejor suerte en el futuro de ésta, y que pueda conseguir para usted y sus seres queridos, aquella computación que no dependa de Windows pero tampoco de Linux, cosa que usted merece.

john biles

#95 Post by john biles »

Hello Enrique Corbellini,
Thank you for your support. I will release an update to TEENpup 2010 Mini Beta. When? In the next 6 months or sooner. :D
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.

Colonel Panic

#96 Post by Colonel Panic »

thnx in advance.
UMAIR
Hi,

I don't know about the latest Seamonkey, but Philippe's static builds of Seamonkey 1 and 2 (with all dependencies included) work well in all the Teenpups I've tried. You can download them from here;

http://www.lamarelle.org/mo-zi-lla/mozilla.php#sm
Gigabyte M68MT-52P motherboard, AMD Athlon II X4 630, 5.8 GB of DDR3 RAM and a 250 GB Hitachi hard drive running Ubuntu 16.04.6, MX-19.2, Peppermint 10, PCLinuxOS 20.02, LXLE 18.04.3, Pardus 19.2, exGENT 200119, Bionic Pup 8.0 and Xenial CE 7.5 XL.

umair

#97 Post by umair »

Hi Colonel Panic:
Thnx for the help, I will check and post a results soon.
once again thnnx :)

Colonel Panic

#98 Post by Colonel Panic »

umair wrote:Hi Colonel Panic:
Thnx for the help, I will check and post a results soon.
once again thnnx :)
You're welcome, hope it works for you.

Cheers,

CP .
Gigabyte M68MT-52P motherboard, AMD Athlon II X4 630, 5.8 GB of DDR3 RAM and a 250 GB Hitachi hard drive running Ubuntu 16.04.6, MX-19.2, Peppermint 10, PCLinuxOS 20.02, LXLE 18.04.3, Pardus 19.2, exGENT 200119, Bionic Pup 8.0 and Xenial CE 7.5 XL.

umair

#99 Post by umair »

Colonel Panic wrote:
umair wrote: Hi,
I don't know about the latest Seamonkey, but Philippe's static builds of Seamonkey 1 and 2 (with all dependencies included) work well in all the Teenpups I've tried. You can download them from here;

http://www.lamarelle.org/mo-zi-lla/mozilla.php#sm
Dear Colonel:
I downloaded the static package of Seamonkey then change the mode using chmod a+x command to make it executable but after conversion it gives me the error that : "Cannot execute binary file".
Am I not following the correct method?
Kindly help me in this regard:
Thnx in advance.
UMAIR

Colonel Panic

#100 Post by Colonel Panic »

Hi, sorry you're having trouble.

I'll have a look later, but for now I have to say that I've never changed the file permissions that way (i.e. from the command line). I've always done it from within the file manager (normally Midnight Commander) instead.

-CP