NVIDIA GeForce GT310DP 512MB PCIe X16

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of computer video hardware
GuyllFyre

#1 Post by GuyllFyre »

Puppy 528 boots and video displays on my Mitsubishi TV using the DVI to HDMI converter.

Installing nVidia driver did not go smoothly. Used quickpet driver install, it suggested the nvidia driver, I said OK, it ran xorgconfig, chose probe, it kept using the nv driver instead.

Manually ran xorgconfig, chose the nvidia driver, system is now using the nvidia driver.

Minor issue though, settings set from the nvidia utility are not saving and coming back on reboot, so setting the overscan compensation to fit the picture on the screen is reset each time.

Also, the HD audio successfully passes from the DVI to HDMI through the converter but the ALSA setting keeps going back to using the on-board analog sound instead of the nVidia HD sound on reboot.

bigpup

#2 Post by bigpup »

When using the Nvidia X server Settings program.
Do not use apply button.
Use Save To X Configuration File button
This should put changes in the xorg.conf
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

bigpup

#3 Post by bigpup »

Also, the HD audio successfully passes from the DVI to HDMI through the converter but the ALSA setting keeps going back to using the on-board analog sound instead of the nVidia HD sound on reboot.
Try this:
open Menu -> Multimedia Tools -> Alsamixer (alsamixer, not alsawizard). Press F6 and that will show you what sound devices have been detected and configured. If yours is not the top one then arrow down and click it, then make sure everything plausible is turned up. I have to do this with my “second
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)