Can't open my /root files. (Solved)

Booting, installing, newbie
k21650

Can't open my /root files. (Solved)

#1 Post by k21650 »

started using Puppy a few days ago, then I had access to all the files and folders, but now after a few sessions I find that files I have downloaded as root and saved in the root folder refuse to open, documents I've created and saved in root refuse to open, previously they would open with no problem. I'm a newb, what am I doing wrong ... please help!

(using Puppy 2.0 then saving each session to hd.)

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

You can see the files but when you click on them nothing happens, or the icon just flashes, is that right?

k21650

#3 Post by k21650 »

Yes ... I can see all the files, but when I click on them, they flash once but don't open.

kirk

#4 Post by kirk »

Try launching the application you want to use to view these files, then open the file from within the application. Sometimes Geany can get hung-up with a bad pipe.

k21650

#5 Post by k21650 »

you've fixed my problem, when I clicked on geany icon to see if I could open the locked document in geany I got this message ...

"Geany is exiting because a named pipe was found. Mostly this means, Geany is already running. If you know Geany is not running, you can delete the file and start Geany anyway. Delete the named pipe and start Geany?"

I click yes, and now the document opens in geany, next I open root folder and click on some .html and text files which would not open before, now they open normally, I can open all the files in root again. thank you so much.