Opera Next

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
aarf

Opera Next

#1 Post by aarf »

Opera Next is an entirely separate product to the official Opera browser product
get it from http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/sw ... 0#comments
Attachments
opera-next-browser.png
(20.04 KiB) Downloaded 1793 times
Last edited by aarf on Sun 12 Feb 2012, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.

vovchik

#2 Post by vovchik »

Dear aarf,

I am writing this now from Opera Next and Macpup 520. It is incredibly fast and, so far, pretty stable. Thanks very much for the info and link....

With kind regards,
vovchik

mickee
Location: Saskatoon SK Canada, Gateway 5300 Laptop, 600MHz Celeron, 384MB RAM, lucid puppy 5.2 (Full Install)

#3 Post by mickee »

From Opera's Web site: http://www.opera.com/browser/next/

Opera Next gives you a separate installation of the Opera browser that lets you try our latest pre-release versions without affecting your main Opera installation. Also, your Opera Next installation is automatically updated as new versions become available. Opera Next builds may be unstable or contain bugs, but they let you be among the first try out our latest technologies.
[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/The_Wizard_of_OZ/Lindows-NOT-1.jpg[/img]
Linux is [i][b]NOT[/b][/i] Windows. Doesn't [i][b]PRETEND[/b][/i] to be, Doesn't [i][b]WANT [/b][/i]to be; Don't try to [i][b]MAKE[/b][/i] it be.

Eyes-Only

#4 Post by Eyes-Only »

Thanks for the links and info aarf and mickee!

I've really enjoyed playing around ( even making ) web browsers ever since "this group" decided to come out with a test trial "pre-alpha" something or other which I used my MOSAIC to download ( I'm really giving my age away here as I was OLD then! ) what was to much later become "Netscape".

I could really sit here and wax nostalgic but I know y'all have far better things to do. ;)

Once again: Thanks friends!

Cheers/Amicalement,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge d'Acadie"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

Terryphi

#5 Post by Terryphi »

mickee wrote:From Opera's Web site: http://www.opera.com/browser/next/

Opera Next gives you a separate installation of the Opera browser that lets you try our latest pre-release versions without affecting your main Opera installation. Also, your Opera Next installation is automatically updated as new versions become available. Opera Next builds may be unstable or contain bugs, but they let you be among the first try out our latest technologies.
I think you will find that Opera-Next (just like Opera) does NOT automatically update on Linux although it can be set to warn the user that a new version is available.
[b]Classic Opera 12.16 browser SFS package[/b] for Precise, Slacko, Racy, Wary, Lucid, etc available[url=http://terryphillips.org.uk/operasfs.htm]here[/url] :)

harii4

#6 Post by harii4 »

Opera Next is way nice.
Using it with TXZ_PUP :D
3.01 Fat Free / Fire Hydrant featherweight/ TXZ_pup / 431JP2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peace and Justice are two sides of the same coin.

aarf

#7 Post by aarf »

Well mine hasnt updated since installation and it wont open .mht pages that it has saved itself. I go back to my old ordinary opera to view pages that i have saved in opera-next. Has anyone with a later version of opera-next opened .mht files if so which version and are you satisfied with the version you have? Obviously i am satisfied except for that one thing.

Terryphi

#8 Post by Terryphi »

Stick with the latest stable release, currently Opera 11.52. Opera Next is not intended for everyday use and comes with a health warning. It is just for testing new features which may or may not end up in the next stable release.
[b]Classic Opera 12.16 browser SFS package[/b] for Precise, Slacko, Racy, Wary, Lucid, etc available[url=http://terryphillips.org.uk/operasfs.htm]here[/url] :)

harii4

#9 Post by harii4 »

Using Opera Next 12
Stick with the latest stable release, currently Opera 11.52. Opera Next is not intended for everyday use and comes with a health warning. It is just for testing new features which may or may not end up in the next stable release.
For Testing it is - so far very stable :wink:
This opera seems to like my buggy wifi and works well but i only been using it for two days.
Well mine hasnt updated since installation and it wont open .mht pages that it has saved itself. I go back to my old ordinary opera to view pages that i have saved in opera-next. Has anyone with a later version of opera-next opened .mht files if so which version and are you satisfied with the version you have? Obviously i am satisfied except for that one thing.
Never had an browser in puppy update itself right - bad luck at that :?
had the same problems in 3.01 with the ,mht with firefox? :? :cry:
so - i try not to use the .mht and use .html
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

harii4

#10 Post by harii4 »

the portable opera next really works nice with older pups like 3.01. 8)