update puppy.

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
klhrevolutionist

update puppy.

#1 Post by klhrevolutionist »

Is there any thought to the autoupdater, so that pup users will not have to download and burn an iso every release, what I'm thinking is it will remove and replace things needed updated! Yes, yes I know thinking is the easy part applying them takes time. But was wondering if it had any support?
Post your vote here and don't forget to thank all the people who create and make puppy what it is.
OK 59 people have viewed this, and none of you think it's a good idea???

POST YOUR VOTE it's yes/no or like/dislike
POST YOUR VOTE
Last edited by klhrevolutionist on Thu 27 Oct 2005, 02:16, edited 2 times in total.

klhrevolutionist

64 views and no replies later

#2 Post by klhrevolutionist »

Wow I thought this might grab some attention but apparently I'm the only one who thinks this is a good idea
Is there a reason why???
would wget work hmm???
well I will see if this response to my own question gets any feedback if not I will not mention anymore until then
well then
I guess that about does that

But in my puppy world puppy gets fat and able
But I respect both responses
Last edited by klhrevolutionist on Sun 10 Jul 2005, 04:49, edited 1 time in total.

#3 Post by Guest »

Easier just to downlaod a new iso.....

Puppy is really designed to be a live cd from the start, harddisk install is just a "extra"......Plus it would take alot of work to do the dependencies and that and not to mention the heartache of people not reading update instructions and doing things right....

Tho I beleive that upon booting a new version Puppy does have the ability to see that it's an update with the existing pup001 file

Remember that the intention\mission statement was never to become a "full blown bloated" distro, just something that was small fast and simple to use

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#4 Post by Flash »

I second what bladehunter wrote. If you run Puppy from the CD as it was meant :wink:, updating is as simple as downloading and burning the new version. No fuss, no muss, no bother.

So, you see, no one replied to your original post because it did not compute. :lol:

I do hope multisession Puppy can be made to work.