Puppy Studio 3.3

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
l0wt3ch

Puppy Studio 3.3

#1 Post by l0wt3ch »

russoodle wrote: Hi all,

Thought you might like to know that this iso (377.92mb) is available for download now, with 10wt3ch's permission:
http://www.puppylinuxstuff.meownplanet. ... 3.3-rt.iso

Enter username: puppy and pawsword: linux when prompted, thank you.

This OS features a large selection of popular multimedia applications, targeted at musicians and audiophiles, and the kernel has been optimised for real-time synchronisation.

Some of the apps included are Jack, Ardour (a digital audio workstation), and Rosegarden (a MIDI + Audio sequencer which includes notation and audio editing).

Enjoy :cool:

l0wt3ch

#2 Post by l0wt3ch »

It's not as good as Studio 4, but it's better than the rest!

Tman

#3 Post by Tman »

l0wt3ch wrote:It's not as good as Studio 4, but it's better than the rest!
It's superb. I didn't pay much attention to this one when I started out trying various puplets, but now that I have some experience making puplets, I realize the tremendous effort/work involved in creating this. Also it is quilte unique, so thanks very much.
Last edited by Tman on Sun 09 Oct 2011, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.

calexand

#4 Post by calexand »

Thanks for ALL the Puppies and efforts expended on/for us!
CA

darkcity

#5 Post by darkcity »

8) which is the best puppy for recording music?Image

l0wt3ch

#6 Post by l0wt3ch »

@ Tman: thanks!

@ calexand: thank you, you're cool.

@ darkcity: Studio 4 is the best. But Puppy Studio 3.3 is the next best. :D

Sit Heel Speak

I like Puppy Studio, it is my "daily driver"

#7 Post by Sit Heel Speak »

I certainly like Puppy Studio. I've been using 3.3 ever since it first appeared. No reason to try anything else.

I use the non-rt version, with the 2.6.33.2 kernel. It has Quickpet. Everything made for the 2.6.33.2 versions of Lucid, works seamlessly with it.

There might, *just maybe,* be better Puppies for small-screen and very old computers. But for an Athlon 64 x2 at 2600 MHz, or an Intel Core Duo, or any newer, more powerful machine than these, on a 20-inch or larger monitor, it is certainly plenty good enough for surfing, digital camera, routine spreadsheet work, and text composition.

Maybe FatDog, since it is true 64-bit, would be better if I did 3D game authoring, or petroleum geology analysis, or if I day-traded pork belly futures et cetera, or similar such extremely bandwidth-intensive tasks, but I don't.

I wish I had the free time to collaborate on its further development. But again, I don't.

Might consider changing the name though. Several commercial entities already call themselves Studio 4. If the distro really takes off, you may receive annoying letters from their lawyers.

Tuxified

#8 Post by Tuxified »

Puppy Studio 3.3 Rocks!
Thanks l0wt3ch.

greengeek

#9 Post by greengeek »

For some reason I can't play flash files on 3.3

VLC hangs and has to be killed with Pprocess so then I loaded Gnome Mplayer but that wouldnt play flash either.

Everyone else can play flash files in VLC?

thx

gcmartin

Ideas anyone?

#10 Post by gcmartin »

Followers on this thread may know of a tool that is either included or can be brought to bear for this request.

Request
A "meter-tool for microphone use" on the system. What would you recommend? Are there any tools which has this built-in? I want to be able to "see" Mic sound-level coming into the system.

Thanks in advance

l0wt3ch

#11 Post by l0wt3ch »

Use meterbridge with JACK turned on, and route it with whatever DAW or program you're using to record.

I used to answer questions on here all the time, but some people seemed to want to take advantage of it, so now I basically don't.

Tman

#12 Post by Tman »

l0wt3ch,

I am trying to teach myself Music and Video Editing.
Ubuntu Studio runs well on my home computer but I would also like to use something portable. PupStudio seems to fit the bill, but it is still over 370MB and I would prefer something lighter. It has come to my attention that there was a PupStudio-lite version availiable. Yes, with time I could shrink PupStudio myself, but I was wondering would you be kind enough to upload the lite version? Or maybe someone else who has a copy could PM me?

It would be much appreciated.

8-bit

#13 Post by 8-bit »

Have you thought about maybe doing a YouTube video demonstrating and showing the features of your commercial product?
There are some members that seem to think everything a member develops should be free.
There is nothing wrong with selling your package with the effort you have put into it.
But I do not think you will get the kind of exposure you want on the forum.
And actually, any forum is not a good place to try to sell a product. Be it Puppy related or not.

So I just want to let you know I understand where you are coming from and am just offering a suggestion to you.
If your package is capable of creating a video, that would also be a plus as you could also mention in the video that it was created with your product.

And a big thank you for making the 3.3 version available to the Puppy community that may have helped in offering suggestions in the early development stages.

RSH

#14 Post by RSH »

[b][url=http://lazy-puppy.weebly.com]LazY Puppy[/url][/b]
[b][url=http://rshs-dna.weebly.com]RSH's DNA[/url][/b]
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=91422][b]SARA B.[/b][/url]

aarf

#15 Post by aarf »

Tman wrote:l0wt3ch,

I am trying to teach myself Music and Video Editing.
Ubuntu Studio runs well on my home computer but I would also like to use something portable. PupStudio seems to fit the bill, but it is still over 370MB and I would prefer something lighter. It has come to my attention that there was a PupStudio-lite version availiable. Yes, with time I could shrink PupStudio myself, but I was wondering would you be kind enough to upload the lite version? Or maybe someone else who has a copy could PM me?

It would be much appreciated.
i have virtually the full set. upload to russoodles meownplanet. At a quick look 3.1 lite at 288 M. which exact one you want and i'll look further.
The upload at www.puppylinuxstuff.meownplanet.net/aarf/ is now 3.1 lite

Tman

#16 Post by Tman »

aarf wrote: i have virtually the full set. upload to russoodles meownplanet. At a quick look 3.1 lite at 288 M. which exact one you want and i'll look further.
The upload at www.puppylinuxstuff.meownplanet.net/aarf/ is now 3.1 lite
Thanks aarf, I am downloading it now. You don't happen to know where I can get my hands on the devx and kernel sources, do you? I want to install the full Nvidia driver for it.

And l0wt3ch, if it suits my needs, I will buy your Studio 4.
Last edited by Tman on Mon 23 Jan 2012, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.

Tman

#17 Post by Tman »

oops..double post

aarf

#18 Post by aarf »

Tman wrote:You don't happen to know where I can get my hands on the devx and kernel sources, do you? I want to install the full Nvidia driver for it.
No i dont have.

Tman

#19 Post by Tman »

That's okay, thanks anyhow.. I checked out Pupstudio 3.1-lite.
It's smaller but version 3.3 has newer apps for Music and Video Editing.
So it looks like I'll be using version 3.3 for now and slowly remove apps that I don't need from it.

aarf

#20 Post by aarf »

Tman wrote:That's okay, thanks anyhow.. I checked out Pupstudio 3.1-lite.
It's smaller but version 3.3 has newer apps for Music and Video Editing.
So it looks like I'll be using version 3.3 for now and slowly remove apps that I don't need from it.
tried a few video editor around that time. Openshot was ok for learning but kdenlive was way in front. Battleshooter has a kdenlive.sfs around. for music, i didnt explore the options.