MS paint clone .pet

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
Warrior522

MS paint clone .pet

#1 Post by Warrior522 »

I tried running MS Paint in wine, "Segmentation Fault." Since i'd rather not fight with an error that I have literally no knowledge of how to deal with (and with wine being a temperamental beast), I was wondering if anyone has or could compile a .pet that contained a MS Paint clone, be it Kolourpaint, GPaint, or any of the other clones that my OS dislikes running directly...

darkcity

#2 Post by darkcity »

have you tried mtpaint which is standard in Puppy?

disciple

#3 Post by disciple »

I was wondering if anyone has or could compile a .pet that contained a MS Paint clone, be it Kolourpaint, GPaint, or any of the other clones
A number of them have been packaged in the past. Try searching the forum.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

Warrior522

#4 Post by Warrior522 »

darkcity wrote:have you tried mtpaint which is standard in Puppy?
Yes, but I find it's interface to lack MS Paint's two points of usefulness; direct canvas manipulation, and easy drag 'n drop of other images onto the canvas you're working on...

Geoffrey

#5 Post by Geoffrey »

Warrior522

I have a copy of pinta 1.0 HERE that I made into a pet from the linux portable apps site, works in lucid 5.2.8., it is 7460K in size though.

Geoffrey

666philb

#6 Post by 666philb »

hi warrior

if you using lucid puppy you might like 'pinta' not sure if it works in others.

you can download a portable version here
http://sourceforge.net/projects/portabl ... 0/download

you may need to' right click' on it, then choose 'permissions', and then 'make executable/searchable'

edit: ..beaten to it Geoffrey :D
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

Warrior522

#7 Post by Warrior522 »

Geoffrey wrote:Warrior522

I have a copy of pinta 1.0 HERE that I made into a pet from the linux portable apps site, works in lucid 5.2.8., it is 7460K in size though.

Geoffrey
Doesn't work; appears in menu but doesn't load when clicked on.

Geoffrey

#8 Post by Geoffrey »

666philb

Sorry about that chief.................would you believe I only beat you by this >.............................< much :lol:

Geoffrey

#9 Post by Geoffrey »

Warrior522 wrote:

Geoffrey
Oh! that's my fault need a system link in /usr/bin/ , go to /usr/share/pinta/ and drag the pinta script to usr/bin and create a system link, that will fix it.

666philb you would have beat me if I hadn't rushed it...................

I re uploaded pinta with the system link in place ....silly me

Warrior522

#10 Post by Warrior522 »

Geoffrey wrote:
Warrior522 wrote:

Geoffrey
Oh! that's my fault need a system link in /usr/bin/ , go to /usr/share/pinta/ and drag the pinta script to usr/bin and create a system link, that will fix it.

666philb you would have beat me if I hadn't rushed it...................

I re uploaded pinta with the system link in place ....silly me
Relative or absolute?

Geoffrey

#11 Post by Geoffrey »

Either will do the job, I usually use relative.

Here cut and paste this into the terminal

Code: Select all

ln -s /usr/share/pinta/pinta /usr/bin/
that will create the link in /usr/bin

Warrior522

#12 Post by Warrior522 »

I found that all I have to do was go into usr/share/pinta and click on the program file and it would load fine, no other steps needed. One desktop shortcut later and I'm in business. (assuming i can figure out how to set the canvas to be manipulateable and how to import images...)

Geoffrey

#13 Post by Geoffrey »

Warrior522 wrote:I found that all I have to do was go into usr/share/pinta and click on the program file and it would load fine, no other steps needed. One desktop shortcut later and I'm in business. (assuming i can figure out how to set the canvas to be manipulateable and how to import images...)
Good to see you have it working, though if you run that code in the terminal it will work from the menu entry.

To import, that is under the layers tab, import from file, it's not a bad paint program though I prefer Gimp.

Warrior522

#14 Post by Warrior522 »

Geoffrey wrote:
Warrior522 wrote:I found that all I have to do was go into usr/share/pinta and click on the program file and it would load fine, no other steps needed. One desktop shortcut later and I'm in business. (assuming i can figure out how to set the canvas to be manipulateable and how to import images...)
Good to see you have it working, though if you run that code in the terminal it will work from the menu entry.

To import, that is under the layers tab, import from file, it's not a bad paint program though I prefer Gimp.
...welp, that doesn't do what I wanted it to do, but thanks for the information anyways.

Adagio

#15 Post by Adagio »

It's good that this has a Mono runtime included instead of having to stuff around with Mono.

It handles some of the basic stuff I use Gimp for, but I will still be using Gimp.

Thanks for that Geoffrey.

theinfamousj

#16 Post by theinfamousj »

I tried the linked Pinta.pet and this {see attached screen shot} happed. I don't understand enough of what goes on behind the scenes to know what it is telling me.
Attachments
capture3564.png
(27.32 KiB) Downloaded 601 times

R-S-H

#17 Post by R-S-H »

Hi.

I really don't like mtpaint and never tried to work with pinta - I do use the GIMP almost for every job. In some special cases I do use Corel Photopaint 8 which I have successfully included into my LP2_WineCorelSuite.sfs.

But the GIMP almost does everything I need!

Image:

Composit from three different Images made with the GIMP in less than 20 Minutes!

My new Wallpaper (currently)...

RSH
Attachments
Crusader-Edit-800x600.jpg
(30.51 KiB) Downloaded 859 times
[b][url=http://lazy-puppy.weebly.com]LazY Puppy Home
The new LazY Puppy Information Centre[/url][/b]

starhawk

#18 Post by starhawk »

R-S-H -- is there a place to download your CorelSuite SFS? Will it (generally) work in *any* Puppy of a certain derivation (Lucid, Precise, Slacko, etc.) or only in one Puplet (or Puplet family)? Also -- what version of Corel Suite is it?

R-S-H

#19 Post by R-S-H »

starhawk wrote:R-S-H -- is there a place to download your CorelSuite SFS? Will it (generally) work in *any* Puppy of a certain derivation (Lucid, Precise, Slacko, etc.) or only in one Puplet (or Puplet family)? Also -- what version of Corel Suite is it?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, no, no, no, no, no. This is surely not available to download. Even if it is the older Corel Draw Suite 8 it is not OpenSource - I think you should already know this... :wink:

I did not tested, but I think it would run in any puppy that could handle the wine-1.3.13-sfs (it's the one from the lucid repository (was it a pet? Don't know!))

Sorry!

RSH

P.S.

I'm really glad to have this running, even if there are some plug ins could not be used, so, I really do understand you :lol: :D
Attachments
image-2.jpg
LazY Puppy 3.0.0, Corel Photopaint 8, ADRV=unused, DDRV=LP2_Data.sfs, FDRV=LP2_Fonts.sfs, GDRV=LP2_Guides.sfs,
RDRV=LP2_RunScripts.sfs, WDRV=LP2_WindowManagers.sfs, XDRV=LP2_XorgHigh.sfs, ZDRV=unused - NO SAVE FILE!
It's lightning like a christmas tree!!!
(111.86 KiB) Downloaded 932 times
[b][url=http://lazy-puppy.weebly.com]LazY Puppy Home
The new LazY Puppy Information Centre[/url][/b]

starhawk

#20 Post by starhawk »

R-S-H, please check your PMs -- I want to avoid hijacking this thread further. I *am* however interested in getting Corel to work in Wine...