If your looking for a solitaire

Play with your Puppy.
zigbert

If your looking for a solitaire

#1 Post by zigbert »

I've recently tried most of solitaire packages for Puppy. I want a small and "smart" cardgame (Small and smart - That's Puppy). Seaheaven Solitaire works well, looks ok, visual effects is nice, and the size of dotpup is only 40 k.

http://dotpups.de/dotpups/Games/seahaven-solitaire.pup

muggins

#2 Post by muggins »

tksol & xpat2 also offer several patience games. also you can download 100k card game extensions for firefox, or mozilla.

muggins

#3 Post by muggins »

also ace of penguins card game runs OK on pup.

muggins

#4 Post by muggins »

zigbert,

i'm finding seahaven devilishly difficult. what sort of success rate are you getting the thing out?

zigbert

#5 Post by zigbert »

Dear Muggins

May I recommend Bubble :lol:

Seaheaven is hard in the beginning, but after a few games the brain is getting clearer. My sucsessrate is 43%, but that's not perfect at all. When it stops for me I click the autoplay button. Only twice of many the program wasn't able to finish the game (Seaheaven gave me victory for these 2).

Better luck in the next game.

Sigmund

muggins

#6 Post by muggins »

i'll have to get some practice in as i'm averaging 20%!!!

seeya

vern72023

#7 Post by vern72023 »

i foound that also , and the lack of help hindered my understandiing, and then i clicked autoplay but it went so fast i coouldnt understand how it figured things ooout.
but then i hit autoplay, followed by undo multiple times, followed by redo and it stepped me thru how it moved cards, and blocks so i could see the programs successful approach ....and i acheived enlightenment
george

zigbert

#8 Post by zigbert »

Hey guys!

I'll guess we agree that there are even more sophisticated solitaires than Seaheaven. But for its size, I find it "the best I've tried". To find other ordinary solitaires with nice gui and effects I nearly had to double the size.

Since I'm a really Puppy-fan, - Size matters. :D

lior2b

#9 Post by lior2b »

The wonders of web 2.0 bring us web solitaire:
http://www.solitairecraving.com/

Nothing to install :)
[color=#4682B4]Lior Tubi[/color]

muggins

#10 Post by muggins »

lior,

i checked the solitairecraving website, but found it a bit "clunky". this could be due to my sub-sub-56k dialup, or my ram challenged machine.

or it could be that the games there are written in java. if so why is java always such a resource hog? i hear of java being used in microcontrollers yet every java app i've ever tried works in slo-mo!

also the advantage of seahaven on your own 'puter, or firefox card extension, is you don't have to be online.