Can not get ATFTP Server working in Lucid Puppy 5.2.8 SOLVED

Using applications, configuring, problems
puppy_newb

Can not get ATFTP Server working in Lucid Puppy 5.2.8 SOLVED

#1 Post by puppy_newb »

Hi Guys,

I have been working on this for three months with no luck whatsoever. I want to create a live remastered DVD of puppy 5.2.8 with a working TFTP server binded to a specific IP address at bootup. The problem is that I finally got AFTPD server up and running and now when i try to download a file to the server it says connection refused. I tried turning off firewalls opening ports accepting all but nothing works. Any ideas? What i did was erase the rc.network file and force an ip address in rc.local. Would this be the right steps?
Last edited by puppy_newb on Fri 02 Dec 2011, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.

puppy_newb

#2 Post by puppy_newb »

Any ideas? anyone?

puppy_newb

#3 Post by puppy_newb »

puppy_newb wrote:Any ideas? anyone?

After 4 months the solution was commenting "ALL:ALL" from the /etc/hosts.deny file also known as TCP wrappers. Once this was un-commented, I was able to transfer files from a network switch directly to my Puppy Live DVD running a TFTP server at boot-up. I hope this helps somebody in the future!

jim nagel

slacko 5.4.1

#4 Post by jim nagel »

done everything you said a 4000 others and i cannot get the server to run any other way than typing the command in at a console prompt. only stays active as long as you dont touch it