Setting default boot params in Puppy 2

Booting, installing, newbie
Zeppis

Setting default boot params in Puppy 2

#1 Post by Zeppis »

Ok, the case is the following: My hard drive is still not working in DMA mode (it's probably busted) and Puppy takes very long doing DMA tests. Actually, Puppy 2 won't start at all, but say "hda: lost interrupt" over and over again. Puppy 1 worked better. In Puppy 1, there was the old remaster script that allowed you to edit the file that contained the welcome message and boot options. I set some boot options such as PHOME, PFILE, keyboard map, and most importantly "ide = nodma". This enabled me to boot up puppy 1 at great speed cause it didn't do the DMA tests. Puppy 2 also brings up such a menu and you have to write "puppy ide = nodma". I'd like "ide = nodma" to be default behavior. Can this be done in any way without touching hard drive partitions or such? I want to use Puppy 2 in multi-session (only option, since I don't have a linux partition)

P.S. Even better, if anyone knew how to disable DMA only for the hard drive but enable it for CD... that would be just awesome.

Alternatively, I could continue using Puppy 1.0.7 and save on my FAT32 partition. The reason I want to go the multi-session way is because for some reason (probably the busted hard drive), at bootup it says "pup001 was not cleanly unmounted. Check forced." And the check takes time. Only like ten seconds, but I'm aiming for a fast boot so I can just use the machine to get to the internet as fast as possible any time I want... at least until I get a new harddrive and can actually do something else with the machine...
Anyone able to fix the unclean unmounting?