AILBSD-Isys/305 - Pupeee with Dutch kernel, extras

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Kirsten-Duarte

AILBSD-Isys/305 - Pupeee with Dutch kernel, extras

#1 Post by Kirsten-Duarte »

Hello all,

I have been working a lot on the project AILBSD-Isys/305 the past few times, making a fully customized kernel, based on Puppeee. It features:

Derived from Which pup?: It says Puppy Linux 0,43 but EEE says 5.04

Dutch Kernel (Yep, the kernel has been translated to Dutch.)
Mozilla Firefox 9.0
UnrealIRCD
Hiawatha 7.3
XChat.org
Dosbox 0.73 (running Microsoft Windows 3.1 just fine for them who want).
Some Dosbox games
Some Linux games.

AILBSD stands for: Artificial Intelligence Linux - Bad Sector Distro. While Isys/305 is a elder Slackware based project named: Intelligence System 305.

Please tell me what you think, or post your feedback :)

Other features: Built in drivers for EEEpc (Kernel).
IceWM as default with Seashell White theme, own background.
(Screenshot soon posted).

Intention of Isys/305: Router based services, and server based OS (Isys/305 Enterprise Server 3.05.1es)

Sincerely,
Kirsten Duarte
Isys/305
Last edited by Kirsten-Duarte on Tue 06 Dec 2011, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.

Kirsten-Duarte

#2 Post by Kirsten-Duarte »

Some screenshots:

Desktop

And:

Hardware Information - OS

FireFox:

FireFox 9 Beta :)

Windows 3.1 (For the Windows Refugees/addicts):

Windows 3.1 on DosBox 0.73 :)
Last edited by Kirsten-Duarte on Tue 06 Dec 2011, 19:19, edited 3 times in total.

nooby

#3 Post by nooby »

Derived from Which pup?: It says Puppy Linux 0,43 but EEE says 5.04
I do have a poor memory but maybe Jemimah or somebody else
that find this thread can confirm.

Puppeee 4.4 is based on Puppy 4.3.0 But I can be wrong.
Anyway Jemimah made a special version that only has the drivers
that EeePC needs and she made two versions. One for Atom CPU and
one for Celeron CPU.
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

Kirsten-Duarte

#4 Post by Kirsten-Duarte »

I know, I found those on the main FTP server, but I am deriving from Puppee to my own custom Isys/305, which speaks Dutch eventually when I am able to translate everything, but I cannot find the feature that some WM's have to set it all to Dutch.

My version is based on the Atom version though.

As for the Pup version, I think it is 5.04 as it says so in the Distro-Specs. And some Lucid app's as well as others install fine on Isys/305.

Ray MK

#5 Post by Ray MK »

Hi Kirsten-Duarte

This looks like fun - I have an EeePC 701SD with a celeron proc.
The atom version should work ok - so would like to try.

Do you have a download link please - ISO or the basic files are ok.

I don't speak Dutch - but maybe in time I'll learn.

Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Very best regards - Ray

Kirsten-Duarte

#6 Post by Kirsten-Duarte »

I will soon post a Iso for a Frugal Install of this Isys/305 copy, just a few things I have to walk through (Making a clean frugal install without my personal things lol)... just copy them into a seperate folder on a excisting linux partition and edit the Grub menu.lst :)

And thank you for your interest :)

Ray MK

#7 Post by Ray MK »

Thanks Kirsten-Duarte

No rush - just when it is good for you.

Regards - Ray

Kirsten-Duarte

#8 Post by Kirsten-Duarte »

Good news, i'm also testing/developing her on a Intel Belinia system.... everything works, except wireless... anyone happen to know what kind of Wireless adapter goes in it?

It says: 802.11g Mini Adapter, but I can't find the device driver in the kernel configuration

Kirsten-Duarte

#9 Post by Kirsten-Duarte »

The project will need a continuance as I have a slight problem in my throat at the moment, and cant develop Isys/305 fulltime... I have cancer in my throat, so the project will get a continuance once that problem is solved.

nancy reagan

Sterkte, anders weet ik niets te zeggen

#10 Post by nancy reagan »

Kirsten-Duarte wrote:The project will need a continuance as I have a slight problem in my throat at the moment, and cant develop Isys/305 fulltime... I have cancer in my throat, so the project will get a continuance once that problem is solved.
Kirsten toch,

Jammergenoeg weet ik niets beters te zeggen dan "sterkte in deze afschuweljke periode en hoop dat je de kracht kunt vinden de je in deze situatie nodige hebt".

Mogelijk geeft programmeren (of wat dit ook is, nl. ben zelf helemaal geen tweaker) je de afleiding die je ook nodig hebt.

Kirsten-Duarte

#11 Post by Kirsten-Duarte »

Hartelijk dank, ik hoop dat het goed gaat komen... maar het project zal hierdoor niet veel stagneren, dat is gelukkig bijna klaar...

Kirsten-Duarte

#12 Post by Kirsten-Duarte »

I nearly have it running on the Intel Belinea Laptop too!!! Meaning it is compliant with both EEEpc and Belinea... I think its a Realteak Wlan Card that is built in to the Belinea.,.. which it won't let me compile however...

Just trying to clean up, reconfig and recomplie would work I guess.

Kirsten-Duarte

#13 Post by Kirsten-Duarte »

Once I get the Kernel to build the Realtek 8190 driver into itself Isys/305 will be suitable to run on:

Asus Eeepc *
Belinea B.Book x.

Some features that are compiled into the Kernel are:
WAN Router

Making possible:
Internet Sharing
Open SSH Server and Client
UnrealIRCD Server
Hiawatha 7.3 Server

Featuring more:
Windows Remote Desktop (Next objective)
Firefox 9.x (Still operational :D)
Dosbox (running Microsoft Windows 3.1 just fine).

Latest X-Chat, with TCL-Python scripting support.... Eggdrop too.

Next Objectives:
Virtualization (Making Vbox possible).
Blitzkrieg Defender (My own custom firewall, attempting to build).

Total Objective:
Portable Server System :)

Kirsten-Duarte

#14 Post by Kirsten-Duarte »

Screenshot from the Belinea running Isys/305:

Belinea Atom

Ray MK

#15 Post by Ray MK »

Hi again

Looks very good and am sure when done, will be a valuable addition to many Puppy users.

Hope your health is good and that you have a very merry Xmas.

Very best regards - Ray

Kirsten-Duarte

#16 Post by Kirsten-Duarte »

My health could be better to be honest... as said in Dutch on this topic. But i'm doing my best to make Isys/305 + Blitzkrieg Defender a valueable addon for every Puppy user that likes to work on server based operating systems.

The project will take christmas break for now, and I will continue development in January after my hospital treatment.

Kirsten-Duarte

#17 Post by Kirsten-Duarte »

Dear interested,

The Belinea version of AILBSD-Isys/305 has reached Release Candidate 1 status. I personally want to thank Barry Kauler for making Puppy possible without the need for partitioning nonsense etc. Without Puppy Linux, I couldn't have done it.

With the cancer I have in my throat, I do hope I left a message with Isys/305 and that people will enjoy using it. I have 30-40% chance that I survive my disease but with Isys/305 I will live through. I will soon post the link containing the ISO with Isys/305 Belinea, which will likely be on a personal website. There will also be a link that enables you to make a donation, which will be invested in the "Queen Wilhelmina Cancer Fund" enabling science to perform research to heal cancer.

What does it feature?

Linking possibillity with EEEpc laptop using ShareInternet.... meaning it can use the internet with a Asus EEEpc laptop as router inbetween, as GCC won't compile the Realtek 8* staging drivers, which are required by Belinea, but with a bypass I was able to use the EEEpc as router and thus as Internet gateway.

For the rest, it features the same as described in the first post. I hope it will be usefull to all of you.

Tman

#18 Post by Tman »

Kirsten,

That is sad news to hear about your throat cancer. I was wondering if you've tried searching the internet to try adding natural methods of treatment for your cancer in addition to the medical treatment you are already undergoing. Below are links which I've found while browsing.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/12475 ... sence-tea/

http://www.dailygreenbar.com/2010/08/an ... story.html

I cannot guarantee success, but I am sure that it would not hurt and if I was in your predicament, I would not rely soley on conventional modern medicine for treatment. Good luck.

Kirsten-Duarte

#19 Post by Kirsten-Duarte »

Thank you very much for your support and pondering with me, I will try both things on the sites as specified, as you said it won't hurt to try and it might work :)

The disease however is getting heavier, and slows me down more, so recently I made few additions to this project to cut to the chase.

I hope ibmdos.2 (The name of my kernel, don't ask, i'm a DR-DOS veteran), finally picks the ethernet card of the belinea machine, otherwise she's going to have a swim. And the kernel for the EEEpc needs a total review now, as I kind of lost track.

I might be able to release soon, before I go into the hospital for a while.

Puppyt

#20 Post by Puppyt »

Best Wishes for your return to health, Kirsten - it is indeed saddening news that you bring.

My thoughts are with you - years ago I nursed my grandfather in his home for many months while he suffered with throat cancer. I'm sure that your outcome will be much better - well, I certainly hope so! It is a hard road you are on, please keep your spirits up.

Tman has some interesting links. Reminds me of some "alternative" treatment I took while in the recovery stages of a severe closed head injury, from which the Doctors informed me I would likely never walk again, and advised against my return to university studies. It was a form of Reiki, or "healing with the hands". Under that treatment I experienced sensations that I couldn't explain with phenomenological methods (i.e., logically). Made a recovery 'miraculous' to western expectations, and now I'm a doctor and a scientist myself. I guess my moral is: don't be too hasty to believe all the information supplied to you, and pick your own path. Any platitudes I've tried to add here are just too pithy I'm afraid, but as I said earlier I wish you the very best.

P.S. DOS Refugees? I think that there are plenty of us - Karl Godt, Dennis McCunney and myself, at least, are on the FreeDOS mailing lists. Thanks for your Puplet!
Search engines for Puppy
[url]http://puppylinux.us/psearch.html[/url]; [url=https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=015995643981050743583%3Aabvzbibgzxo&q=#gsc.tab=0]Google Custom Search[/url]; [url]http://wellminded.net63.net/[/url] others TBA...