Remote Desktop Client

Configuration wizards, scanners, remote desktop, etc.
ruwan

Remote Desktop Client

#1 Post by ruwan »

Hi guys,

I like to use Puppy Linux on a USB flash drive, that's why I went through http://puppylinux.org/main/Download%20L ... elease.htm link and downloaded slacko-5.3-MAIN.iso . At the moment I'm using that on a Flsh Drive.

Okay let me tell u what is the problem I've faced. I have a windows server with remote desktop I have to use that as well. When I used Puppy linux old version "tsclient" was working properly, but when I use this I cannot connect to my server using tsclient, the error is rdesktop was not found in your path.please verify your rdesktop path.

That's why now I'm in a trouble if I use puppy linux this version..

Please let me know how to fix this error....

thanks....

aragon

#2 Post by aragon »

install rdesktop. should be available in package manager.

aragon

Icyos

#3 Post by Icyos »

Hi

If you still have issues inbox me and I will email you a RDP client .pet for your Puppy

ruwan

#4 Post by ruwan »

Thanks a lot of u sirs.. appreciate you help but day before yesterday I found it..anyway Thanks for your help...

swiftoid

#5 Post by swiftoid »

Hi, I've searched everywhere in the package manager in all the different repos for rdesktop, but I can't find it anywhere. Can anyone point me to an alternate source?

goingnuts

#6 Post by goingnuts »

I have posted a static build of rdesktop 1.2.0 here

swiftoid

#7 Post by swiftoid »

Thanks mate. What should I do with that tar? Can I just unpack it and run bin/rdesktop or do I need to somehow merge that into my filesystem?

goingnuts

#8 Post by goingnuts »

Unpack it and run: "dir2pet rdesktop-1.2.0-i486" to create pet-package to install via package manager -
or just copy the content of rdesktop-1.2.0-i486 to your file system (no uninstall possibility then..)