New usb drive icons for Wary Puppy 5.2x --Solved

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
Monsie

New usb drive icons for Wary Puppy 5.2x --Solved

#1 Post by Monsie »

Hi all,

Since upgrading to Wary Puppy 5.2.2 from 5.14 I've noticed that the usb drive icons are identical to the hard drive icons in the default LaGaBluenight theme. Would someone with graphics design talent be willing to create a set of usb drive icons that fits the default theme? I know little about graphics design otherwise I would try it myself, but judging from some of the artwork that I've seen in the forum, I know there are some very capable artists out there. The default theme needs four new icons in png format: unmounted 24x24, unmounted 48x48, mounted 48x48, and mounted boot drive 48x48.

In the meantime, I've gone to http://findicons.com/search/usb-pendrive and downloaded a couple of usb drive icons and while they look okay, it would be very nice to have a new set of icons that fit the default design. I'm attaching a screenshot of my Wary Puppy desktop to show you what it looks like for now.

I understand it is the holiday season and that people have lives to live (including myself), and as this is not an urgent matter, I am not expecting that anyone will rush into this...

Cheers,
Monsie
Attachments
blue xmas.jpg
(84.33 KiB) Downloaded 578 times
Last edited by Monsie on Sat 15 Sep 2012, 22:53, edited 1 time in total.

starhawk

#2 Post by starhawk »

FINALLY FULFILLED! :D

Monsie contacted me and asked me to get this happening for him. I did, and he seems quite pleased with the results.

So here they are.

I've done one thing which Monsie did NOT ask me for... I took the original LaGaDesk-Bluenight iconset *.pet file, and stuck my icons in there. So there is now a PET package version as well! (I really hope it works -- I've not had much luck with these things in the past...)

I'm going to put a post in the iconset thread as well.
Attachments
Bluenight-USB.tar.gz
Tarball of the two new icons, and nothing else.
(7.57 KiB) Downloaded 368 times
LaGaDesk-Bluenight-starhawk.pet
Iconset PET pkg -- I really hope this actually works...
(171 KiB) Downloaded 410 times