Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 24 Jul 2014, 02:44
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Filesystem
Upgrade of /usr/sbin/filemnt to support encryption
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
Pizzasgood

PostPosted: Sun 05 Jul 2009, 13:42    Post subject:  Upgrade of /usr/sbin/filemnt to support encryption
Subject description: (Lets you click on encrypted pup_save files to mount them)

I made a couple small adjustments to the /usr/sbin/filemnt script to allow it to work with encrypted pup_save files, as long as they follow the crypt[ax] convention that Puppy uses. It has been tested with a real pup_save_crypta.2fs file and with a fake pup_save_cryptx.2fs file.

Note: The encryption detection isn't amazingly smart - it basically just looks to see if the strings '_crypta' or '_cryptx' exist somewhere in the filename, and uses the latest one it finds. So if for some reason you have unencrypted files that include that string somewhere, this may cause you problems.

Tested in 4.2.1 only, but should work in any 4.x Puppy, and probably any 2.x and 3.x Puppy, but I'm not certain.

If this screws things up, you should be able to replace your original by grabbing it from /initrd/pup_ro2/usr/sbin/filemnt and placing it in /usr/sbin/filemnt, overwriting the new one.
filemnt-crypto_support-0.1.pet
Description  Replaces /usr/sbin/filemnt with a slightly modified version which supports encrypted save-files
pet

Download 
Filename  filemnt-crypto_support-0.1.pet 
Filesize  2.06 KB 
Downloaded  353 Time(s) 

Pizzasgood

PostPosted: Tue 27 Dec 2011, 18:25    Post subject:  

Here is a version for Puppy 5.25. I only tested it on 5.25, but it probably works on other 5.x puppies, and maybe others. I'm also attaching the diff, so anybody who wants to apply this to newer versions can do so. It's pretty simple, just a couple easy changes.

There were no real changes to my modifications of the code, other than a very slight tweak to avoid an unnecessary error message. Pretty much just a matter of copy/pasting my modifications from the 4.x version of the script into the 5.x version. So, if you still use Puppy 4 or whatever, you can just use the first version of this.
filemnt-crypto_support-0.2.pet
Description  Replaces /usr/sbin/filemnt with a slightly modified version which supports encrypted save-files, intended for Puppy 5.25.
pet

Download 
Filename  filemnt-crypto_support-0.2.pet 
Filesize  2.53 KB 
Downloaded  227 Time(s) 
filemnt_5.25_to_5.25-crypto.diff.gz
Description  Diff showing changes in /usr/sbin/filemnt needed to support encrypted savefiles,
gz

Download 
Filename  filemnt_5.25_to_5.25-crypto.diff.gz 
Filesize  1018 Bytes 
Downloaded  211 Time(s) 

Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Filesystem
Jump to: