How to burn 2.01r2 barebones iso to CD?

Booting, installing, newbie
jus407

How to burn 2.01r2 barebones iso to CD?

#1 Post by jus407 »

i know this has most likely already been asked but i searched forum with no success. how do you burn the iso for barebones 2.01r2? i downloaded the file but its not an iso like it said i unzipped all the files and burnt em to a cd and it doesnt work wheres the actual .iso and if there isnt an actual .iso then why do all the files say barebones201r2.iso if theres no iso in the file?

Wolfen

#2 Post by Wolfen »

jus407,
have you tried ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributio ... 2.01r2.iso?
I think that's the iso you want, but I am not going to uncompress it, as I am fine with my Puppy 2.01 'standard'.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

You don't unzip the iso; you burn the whole thing as is to make a bootable CD, with a burning program that can do that. Most can. What program are you using to burn the iso?
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69321][color=blue]Puppy Help 101 - an interactive tutorial for Lupu 5.25[/color][/url]

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#4 Post by Lobster »

Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

jus407

#5 Post by jus407 »

yes i figured it out (almost immediatly after posting the topic

someone should check into this: i downlaoded the file from the ilibilio whatever site and when done dl'n it showed it as being an extractable file (with no iso inside) andway i ran my puppy linux and downloaded the same file and it showed it as being an .iso!?! confused as to why but any ideas?

Zeppis

#6 Post by Zeppis »

well, in my case, in windows, .iso files appear as WinRAR archives. This is because stupid WinRAR has associated itself with .iso files. It can easily be changed, but I haven't bothered. WinRAR can look inside and extract .iso files, but that's not what you want to do, which you seem to have figured out already. In your case it might not be WinRAR but some other compression program that has sneakily taken over you .iso files.

Now, a program that could alter the contents of an ISO before burning it, I'd have use for that... cause if you extract, edit and burn, it'll no longer be a bootable CD...