Atheros ath5k pci wireless card not working with 528

keniv

Atheros ath5k pci wireless card not working with 528

#1 Post by keniv »

Hi All

I have two of these pcmcia wifi cards badged as 3-Com but detected as ath5k pci. When I use them with 528 update 002 frugal install with an old Toshiba laptop P3 800MHz 320MB they are both are detected and can be installed and work well. I have been given a Fujitsu e-series lifebook P4 1.8GHz 1GB with no hd but I had a 6GB hd which I wiped then installed an ext3 file system and have a frugal install of 528 using the same savefile as above. However, I cannot get the above wifi card to work. It is detected correctly but when I get to the Auto "DHCP" part of the installation I get a "no carrier" error. On searching the forum I found two pets that I thought might help. They are ath5k-patched-k2.6.33.2.pet and ath5k-set-country-k2.6.33.2.pet. I have installed both of these but still have the same problem. I am not sure how to use the set-country pet. It installs a document that lets me calculate a value for the set country code. As I am in the UK this should be 826+32768. The document says "Get your country code, add 32768, and supply as a parameter". I do not know how to supply this as a parameter. Could anybody tell me how to do this. I have also tried to install this card on a new savefile but this did not work. I did at one point think that the Fujitsu machine had a pcmcia fault. However, I also have another wifi card detected as rtl8180 pci which installs and works OK although it is much slower than the ath5k card and hence the reason why I would like to get it to work. I feel it is not far away from working. I would appreciate any help to get this card working.

Regards,

Ken.

keniv

#2 Post by keniv »

Have just found the thread on how to use the ath5k-set-country-k2.6.33.2.pet here http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=564112 . Have followed the instructions but I am afraid it did not work.

Ken.

darkcity

#3 Post by darkcity »

Hi keniv

any luck? someone is having similar problems here-

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=77770