i18n-ed Gettexted Scripts In The PET and Hardinfo.

For efforts in internationalising Puppy and solving problems in this area
rodin.s

i18n-ed Gettexted Scripts In The PET and Hardinfo.

#1 Post by rodin.s »

I have made gettexted scripts for Puppy for Russian lang pack but it could be used for other languages so I have made simplified PET-package with these scripts. Main pot-file (puppy.pot) consists of 2100 lines so I guess it's hard to translate but maybe it could be useful. You don't have to translate all the lines.
Also menu items could be translated by adding Name[xx]=Translation of name
More information about how to translate is here: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 186#445186

I am going to try to make Ukrainian translation using this pet. I am also going to make similar pet for Wary/Racy.
Attachments
unicode-0.2.pet
Unicode in console for Russian. Could be useful for other languages. Apps like xorgwizard and xwin display messages in console.
(76.36 KiB) Downloaded 1677 times
pot.tar.gz
pot-files for translation. Biggest one is puppy.pot (2104 lines). It's better to use poedit. See link above.
(78.97 KiB) Downloaded 1684 times
Last edited by rodin.s on Sat 18 May 2013, 10:29, edited 2 times in total.

rodin.s

Russian lang pack for Slacko-5.3.1.

#2 Post by rodin.s »

ikaros262

#3 Post by ikaros262 »

Great! Then I can translate this .pot files to my language so that someone can make a language pack later. And is there something similar for Lucid 528? If not, how did you create the .pot files?
Last edited by ikaros262 on Sun 15 Jan 2012, 22:50, edited 1 time in total.

rodin.s

Lupu-5.2.8.

#4 Post by rodin.s »

I can make Lupu-5.2.8 version. I'll do it later.

vicmz

Slacko en español

#5 Post by vicmz »

Thanks so much for this. There's a preview of my desktop in Spanish attached to this post, along with a file with my translations from your .pot files and existing translations that were originally made for Lucid, many of them either fixed or customized. So far I've translated about 55% of the main puppy.po file, but my desktop is almost totally in Spanish.

Instructions on how to use my translations along with existing ones can be found here (in Spanish).
Attachments
slacko-desktop-in-spanish.png
My Slacko 5.3.1 desktop in Spanish
(119.98 KiB) Downloaded 1792 times
Last edited by vicmz on Thu 29 Mar 2012, 03:23, edited 2 times in total.
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76948]Puppy Linux en español[/url]

rodin.s

PETs for Lupu-5.2.8.004

#6 Post by rodin.s »

I have made i18n-pet and pot-files for Lupu-528.004.
Attachments
unicode-0.3.pet
Unicode in console pet is changed a bit. Script xwin is removed.
(67.57 KiB) Downloaded 1955 times
ru_lupu528004-0.1.pet
PET with Russian mo-files.
(155.17 KiB) Downloaded 1908 times

rodin.s

Additional l10n for Russian (lupu-528.004)

#7 Post by rodin.s »

Here is the PET with additional l10n for Russian. (applications like ROX, pmount, pmusic, gnome-mplayer etc.)
ru_base_lupu528004-0.1.pet (1018kB)
Also here is a pet for automatic setup of keyboard layouts and indication: ru-us.
ru_fbxkb_auto-0.1.pet (10.8kb)

rodin.s

additional langpacks for Wary/Racy-5.2.90.

#8 Post by rodin.s »

I have made additional langpack for Wary/Racy-5.2.90 with some scripts that are not in official langpack. It also has gettexted binary files (tray icons). Pot-files are in /usr/share/doc/nls/lang_pack/. It is possible to regenerate puppy.pot using this commands:

Code: Select all

cd /usr/share/doc/nls/lang_pack/puppy/
xgettext -L shell -o puppy.pot -f puppy.txt
It should be done after installing package and xgettext should be present as part of Shinobar's poedit or as part of devx.sfs.

rodin.s

Testing new MoManager...

#9 Post by rodin.s »

I was testing new MoManager with support for multiple scripts for one TEXDOMAIN. I have made two PETs with the same scripts but in one with different TEXDOMAINs, and in another with one TEXTDOMAIN. These scripts are not in woof and mostly taken from PETs from previous post of this thread (work for Wary/Racy, Precise).
Attachments
MoManager-ru_UA-defaults-chooser.tar.gz
Russian translation in puppy.mo for all scripts.
(34.41 KiB) Downloaded 1475 times

rodin.s

Additional i18n for Precise-5.4.3 and Slacko-5.4.

#10 Post by rodin.s »

I was working on Russian versions of Precise and Slacko and I have made these additional i18n-langpacks. Momanager and Poedit could be used for translation. It's update to previous pets so old translatons could be updated. Some internationalized apps: PupControl, desksetup, peasyscale, peasyprint, peasypdf, icon finder and so on.
Some time ago I have also internationalized hardinfo. Some parts of it are not internationalized, but mostly it is done. I used not current Puppy version, but latest from hardinfo site. I have also fixed proper distribution detection for Puppy Linux.
Source code and pot-file of Hardinfo-i18n
Attachments
i18n_precise543-130105.pet
this one also has mo-files for Russian
(116.31 KiB) Downloaded 1276 times
i18n_slacko54-121224.pet
(91.74 KiB) Downloaded 1328 times

vicmz

#11 Post by vicmz »

rodin.s, you're the best! thank you :D
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76948]Puppy Linux en español[/url]

vicmz

#12 Post by vicmz »

I noticed most of the scripts had TEXTDOMAIN=puppy, building a 600+ string .po file using Momanager. I modified the Precise .pet file so that there are different text domains for individual programs, at least to me it's a little bit more comfortable this way. I must especially thank you for gettexting jwmconfig2, which I've been trying to do.
Attachments
i18n_precise543-130105-indiv-txtdomain.pet
same as rodin.s' but with separate text domains for separate programs
(115.86 KiB) Downloaded 1294 times

rodin.s

puppy.mo

#13 Post by rodin.s »

Early version of puppy.mo had 2100 lines so 600 is not that much. I also had different textdomains in the beginning but it was hard to handle them when updating so I decided to use one big textdomain. Now I have puppy.mo for Precise and puppy.mo for Slacko that are different.

vicmz

#14 Post by vicmz »

http://bkhome.org/blog2/?viewDetailed=00083
L18L wrote:The idea of making one TEXTDOMAIN for many scripts is not bad since momanager can be used.

But I really do not know why making different pets for different official puppies and even versions should be a way to go!

In my understanding a (and my German one and only) language pack is for all woof2 (after 20120228) built puppies.
vicmz wrote:Actually I thought that too, but when I saw there were separate pets I thought I'd break something if I merged them. Well, as they're meant to be Woof scripts and both Slacko and Precise are made from the latest Woof I finally did merge them into one pet, setting separate text domains just because I feel I can organise translations better that way. I haven't tested in Puppies other than Precise yet (the idea is that it works in all official Puppy builds), but if you want to give it a go, here it is:
http://www.datafilehost.com/download-e54dc8e7.html

BarryK
Puppy Master

Re: Additional i18n for Precise-5.4.3 and Slacko-5.4.

#15 Post by BarryK »

rodin.s wrote:I was working on Russian versions of Precise and Slacko and I have made these additional i18n-langpacks. Momanager and Poedit could be used for translation. It's update to previous pets so old translatons could be updated. Some internationalized apps: PupControl, desksetup, peasyscale, peasyprint, peasypdf, icon finder and so on.
Some time ago I have also internationalized hardinfo. Some parts of it are not internationalized, but mostly it is done. I used not current Puppy version, but latest from hardinfo site. I have also fixed proper distribution detection for Puppy Linux.
Source code and pot-file of Hardinfo-i18n
Hi,
I tried to compile your source in Wary, but got this error:

# cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:6 (include):
  include could not find load file:

GNUInstallDirs
So, I downloaded the latest from git, and executing "cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr" worked, no error.

Would you be able to figure out what is wrong with your source, or alternatively, would you mind patching the latest source from git?
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

rodin.s

Hardinfo

#16 Post by rodin.s »

Hello, Barry.
I have patched source from latest git: http://ompldr.org/vaDNraQ/hardinfo.tar.gz
I do not have Wary with devx now but I've managed to compile it in Precise-5.4.2 and in Racy-5.3.90. Racy is a close relative to Wary, I guess.
The file 'hardinfo.po' in 'po' directory is for Russian. Delete it or rename as ru.po.
Attachments
hardinfo.patch.gz
Patch to Hardinfo to add internationalization.
(34.21 KiB) Downloaded 784 times

L18L

hardinfo.pot

#17 Post by L18L »

hardinfo.pot uploaded to my collection of pot files :D
(hardinfo compiled, translated and used, very nice) thank you

L18L

hardinfo

#18 Post by L18L »

Before I am going to dig deeper just one question:
Is it my bug (translating) or yours (is it OK in other languages?) ?

--

edited

It is mine!

LANGUAGE=en hardinfo
shows that it is correct
Attachments
hardinfo.png
missing some values in translated hardinfo
hardinfo from /intrd/pup_ro2
(39.62 KiB) Downloaded 843 times

rodin.s

hardinfo

#19 Post by rodin.s »

As far as I remember I didn't translate these items: memory, date/time, uptime, load average. I noticed that these items are not updated when translated so I left them in English and even switched that part of code to LANG=C.
Attachments
capture12338.png
(38.92 KiB) Downloaded 1056 times

L18L

hardinfo

#20 Post by L18L »

Thanks
so I will dig......
date is strange

Fr Jan 18 18:45:25 2013 :roll: