Beagle Puppy??

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
Rocco

Beagle Puppy??

#1 Post by Rocco »

Just curious, has anyone here run Puppy on a Beagleboard XM?

tubeguy

Re: Beagle Puppy??

#2 Post by tubeguy »

Rocco wrote:Just curious, has anyone here run Puppy on a Beagleboard XM?
No ARM Puppies that I know of...so far...
[b]Tahr Pup 6 on desktop, Lucid 3HD on lappie[/b]

Rocco

#3 Post by Rocco »

With the work being done for Raspberry Pi and Panda board, are we getting any closer?

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#4 Post by Lobster »

Woof2 is being developed by Barry in between searches for precious metals in the Oz outback. Two people that I know of are able to compile using woof2 - Barry and 01micko, who has produced the woof2 compile Slacko 5.3.1 (5.3.3 in development)
Tman (and even this lowly crustacean) have attempted to compile using woof2.
Smarter dogs will have less problems and more commitment and will have more success.
Woof2 is offering compiling for other processors starting with ARM.

We are near to ARM Raspberry Pi's and therefore smart dogs with motherboards and the tools. If no glitches; we are two weeks from Raspberry Pi's. A week to get one and familiarise, another week to get the first Puppy ISO. So maybe a month. That will be the first ARM Puppy ISO with testers, support, derivatives, Puppy artwork (already available) and other versions arriving afterwards . . .
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/PARM

:)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Rocco

#5 Post by Rocco »

Thanks for the update, sounds like there are interesting things in the pipeline.

linuxbear

#6 Post by linuxbear »

Dig out all of those Palms. I have an old Palm TX which might look nice with Puppy. I wonder which window manager was on the Palm-linux build and if Puppy is small enough to fit on the device? BTW: I am still using the TX as an ogg/mp3 player. It works well with an old style 4gb SD card from Amazon.

Rocco

#7 Post by Rocco »

I've been closely following the great work being done with the Raspberry Pi, what does all this this mean for the future non-pi arm puppies? Am I going to be able to run a Puppy on my Beagleboard xM soon?

starhawk

#8 Post by starhawk »

I would like to second this request... besides, it would be good to be able to run puppy on something named after a dog, dontcha think? :P

Rocco

#9 Post by Rocco »

starhawk wrote:... besides, it would be good to be able to run puppy on something named after a dog, dontcha think? :P
I agree, I think Beagle Puppy's kind of a cute name.