"Invalid system disk" question(solved)

Booting, installing, newbie
pelokwin

"Invalid system disk" question(solved)

#1 Post by pelokwin »

I have puppy running off a cd and everything was going great. The disk was removed because I wanted to add a file off of a CD but when I took the puppy disk out and rebooted I got a message "Invalid system disk Replace the disk, and then press any key" so I said to myself OPPS :oops: I should not have done that. So I put the puppy disk back and I still get the same msg. any ideas?
Last edited by pelokwin on Fri 28 Jul 2006, 03:55, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just a passing thought in this world

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

You are right. You shouldn't have rebooted. Puppy is entirely in RAM once Puppy has booted from the CD, so the CD drive can be used for other things.

As to why the Puppy CD won't reboot, I'm mystified. Are you sure you're doing everything the same as the first time you booted the CD? Do you have another bootable CD you can try, just to see if that works? (A Windows installation CD for instance. You don't have to install Windows, just let the CD boot far enough to see that it's working, then ctrl-alt-delete and remove the CD before it can do any damage. :lol: )
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69321][color=blue]Puppy Help 101 - an interactive tutorial for Lupu 5.25[/color][/url]

pelokwin

#3 Post by pelokwin »

no luck, I tried win98, puppy1.0.8r, even winxp all came back with same msg. So I am going to try to reset the bios to start from HD first and see if that helps..

pelokwin

#4 Post by pelokwin »

Ha !!! It worked I got back into win98 so now I am off to start over to boot puppy and see what happens :twisted:

darkerror05

#5 Post by darkerror05 »

the message you saw happens when you have a cd or floppy in when you boot into windows. You may have to go into the bios and set boot from cd. Then it sould work.
-darkerror

pelokwin

#6 Post by pelokwin »

darkerror05, I have had a msg. like that before when I left a floppy in and tried to boot , but this was different because I took te cd out and the msg still came up it was like it was stuck also there was a black screen behind the msg. the last time I left a cd or floppy in there was a list of boot info along with the msg.
............................................................ps did I write msg. too many times :oops:

darkerror05

#7 Post by darkerror05 »

oh ok. That is just what happened to me before figured it could be the same thing
-darkerror

pelokwin

#8 Post by pelokwin »

darkerror05,
I just triet to boot with a floppy in and I got the same msg....go fig. On every other comp. I have ever used I have never got that msg. like that with no other writing along with it. :? well puppy started right up as perfict as always.
thanks for the help guys