Posted: Fri 17 Feb 2012, 01:07 Post subject:
How to connect to Internet in guest Puppy on host Windows Subject description: With virtual box and one IP provided by your ISP for host Windows
Hope, you have installed
1. guest Puppy on host Windows
with virtual box.
Now we need to connect to Internet from guest Puppy.
Suppose you can not use one more DHCP IP address from your ISP for guest Puppy. So you cannot use "Bridged Adapter" for your guest Puppy.
You can use "NAT" instead.
Here goes the HOW-TO.
1. Open VirtualBoxManager.
2. Add one network adapter "NAT". That will be eth0.
3. Use "Connect" icon on guest Puppy desktop. Chose "Connect to Internet by Wired or Wireless LAN". Choose "Network Wizzard". Select eth0. Choose "Auto DHCP". See in "Static IP". IP is 10.0.2.15.
4. Use "Connect" icon on guest Puppy desktop. Chose "Proxy Setup". add fooproxy.foo.com:8080. Now you can download pet packages from internet through puppy package manager.
5. Use "Edit" menu, "Preference", "Advanced Setting", "Proxy" setting in Seamonkey to add fooproxy.foo.com:8080. Now you can browse internet.
(Where, fooproxy.foo.org is your proxy server address and 8080 is proxy port.)
Hope this helps. _________________ [Precise 571 on AMD Athlon XP 2000+ with 512MB RAM]
[Fatdog 611 on Intel Pentium B960 with 4GB RAM]
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum