Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 19 Dec 2014, 05:35
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Wary Puppy 5.2.2, 18 Nov. 2011
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 23 of 25 [361 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 Next
Author Message
Billtoo


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 2183
Location: Ontario Canada

PostPosted: Sat 18 Feb 2012, 16:19    Post subject: Wary Puppy 5.2.2, 18 Nov. 2011
Subject description: thunderbird-10.0.2 sfs
 

I compiled and made a sfs file of Thunderbird-10.0.2 mail reader in
racy-5.2.2.
I tested it in both racy-5.2.2 and wary-5.2.2
EDIT: It works in Saluki too.

The download link is:


http://www.datafilehost.com/download-165680c4.html
thunscrn.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   122.95 KB
 Viewed   1473 Time(s)

thunscrn.jpg


Last edited by Billtoo on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 14:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
BarryK
Puppy Master


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 7099
Location: Perth, Western Australia

PostPosted: Sat 18 Feb 2012, 19:58    Post subject: Re: Shutdown hangs (SOLVED)  

zekebaby wrote:
In Wary 5.2.2, I noticed a problem with shutdown hanging if I don't manually unmount NFS or SSHFS mounted drives before shutting down. Poking around rc.shutdown, I found that //network drives are unmounted, but the grep does not pick up host:dir mounted drives.

Adding the following 4 lines in rc.shutdown near Line 190 solves the problem:
Code:
for MOUNTPOINT in `mount | grep ':' | cut -d  ' ' -f 3 | tr '\n' ' '`
do
  umount -f $MOUNTPOINT
done

Edit: made code more generic to detect other types of network drives such as sshfs


I would like to understand this situation better before implementing this solution.

Could anyone who has this kind of network drives, please post output of "mount" command? (that is, type "mount" in a terminal then ENTER key)

EDIT: anyway, I have put zekebaby's patch into rc.shutdown:
http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=02697

_________________
http://bkhome.org/news/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
shinobar


Joined: 28 May 2009
Posts: 2631
Location: Japan

PostPosted: Sat 18 Feb 2012, 22:39    Post subject: Re: Shutdown hangs (SOLVED)  

BarryK wrote:
anyway, I have put zekebaby's patch into rc.shutdown:
http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=02697

I would like to propose another solution based on pemasu's idea on the Dpup Exprimo.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=70399&start=1734
Code:
#120203 pemasu and shinobar: space in smb or cifs share causes hanging in shutdown
for T in cifs smbfs nfs sshfs; do
  umount -a -t $T
done

_________________
Google Chrome portable
Downloads for Puppy Linux http://shino.pos.to/linux/downloads.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
BarryK
Puppy Master


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 7099
Location: Perth, Western Australia

PostPosted: Sun 19 Feb 2012, 04:33    Post subject: Re: Shutdown hangs (SOLVED)  

shinobar wrote:
BarryK wrote:
anyway, I have put zekebaby's patch into rc.shutdown:
http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=02697

I would like to propose another solution based on pemasu's idea on the Dpup Exprimo.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=70399&start=1734
Code:
#120203 pemasu and shinobar: space in smb or cifs share causes hanging in shutdown
for T in cifs smbfs nfs sshfs; do
  umount -a -t $T
done


shinobar,
I reponded to your post to my blog. Here is my repy:

shinobar,
that looks like a good solution. I just looked in the umount docs, this also will work:

umount -a -t cifs,smbfs,nfs,sshfs

However, this requires the full umount. In Woof, umount is a script that currently only calls the busybox umount I think, which does not allow the -t option.

_________________
http://bkhome.org/news/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
BarryK
Puppy Master


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 7099
Location: Perth, Western Australia

PostPosted: Sun 19 Feb 2012, 04:36    Post subject:  

Regarding the GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=true being a bad solution, see my post previous page.

The ROX-Filer focus problem has now been fixed! See my blog post, with a PET:

http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=02698

_________________
http://bkhome.org/news/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
nooby

Joined: 29 Jun 2008
Posts: 10557
Location: SwedenEurope

PostPosted: Sun 19 Feb 2012, 06:09    Post subject:  

Seems that Mick forgot to include the ntfs-3g thing so that is why it did not boot

old text now not applickable

Barry, could you have changed something in woof
that makes it difficult for us using Slacko booted on
NTFS formatted internal drives in laptops netbooks.

Two of us report failed boot of 5.3.2.3 while the older slacko 5.3.2.1 just boots No problemo so something with NTFS seems to fail.

_________________
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

Last edited by nooby on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 09:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Argolance


Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Posts: 1851
Location: PORT-BRILLET (Mayenne - France)

PostPosted: Sun 19 Feb 2012, 08:07    Post subject:  

Hello,
@Barry
Quote:
Regarding the GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=true being a bad solution, see my post previous page.
Embarassed
So sorry to have to say that the patch does not solve the issue reported above Crying or Very sad while the "bad" solution proposed by npierce does it (perfectly)!

Did I miss something?

Regards!

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
pemasu


Joined: 08 Jul 2009
Posts: 5465
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:02    Post subject:  

Been testing again with umount command. I have in /bin...umount script, umount-BB-NOTUSED symlink to busybox and umount-FULL binary.

I have mounted my usb card reader which has vfat SD card. When I execute in console. umount -a -t vfat, the rox folder content vanishes and pmount shows it unmounted.
umount-FULL -a -t vfat shows the same behavior...as it should.
Now the interesting part: busybox umount -a -t vfat unmounts the SD card also...and nothing else so it works with -t type definition.

busybox umount -a vfat unmounts all drives, lol and I have to execute /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit to get drive icons back, lol.

Is it just my setup in dpup exprimo or does the busybox umount work with -t in other Puppies ?
It looks like to me that there is working option even though it is not documented. Or am I just usual dumb and I dont understand something.

The umount-FULL comes from debian mount package (umount binary) and woof script renames it to the umount-FULL when it recognizes the real binary and sameway renames the busybox symlink. That much I understand but not the busybox umount -t feature, which should not be usable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Monsie


Joined: 01 Dec 2011
Posts: 633
Location: Kamloops BC Canada

PostPosted: Sun 19 Feb 2012, 16:13    Post subject: Wary Puppy 5.2.2, 18 Nov. 2011
Subject description: Rox-Filer focus pet
 

Hi Barry,

After installing your Rox-Filer pet on my Wary desktop and re-booting, I noticed that the Console on the desktop now appears as a symlink. Is this an expected result and is it of any consequence?

Thanks,
Monsie

_________________
My username is pronounced: "mun-see". Derived from my surname, it was my nickname throughout high school.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
BarryK
Puppy Master


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 7099
Location: Perth, Western Australia

PostPosted: Sun 19 Feb 2012, 19:53    Post subject:  

Argolance wrote:
Hello,
@Barry
Quote:
Regarding the GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=true being a bad solution, see my post previous page.
Embarassed
So sorry to have to say that the patch does not solve the issue reported above Crying or Very sad while the "bad" solution proposed by npierce does it (perfectly)!

Did I miss something?

Regards!


The new rox-filer PET solves the old focus problem.

Regarding any other problem, such as that described by npierce, you need to report it to the ROX-Filer bug-tracker at sourceforge.

_________________
http://bkhome.org/news/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
BarryK
Puppy Master


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 7099
Location: Perth, Western Australia

PostPosted: Sun 19 Feb 2012, 19:54    Post subject: Re: Wary Puppy 5.2.2, 18 Nov. 2011
Subject description: Rox-Filer focus pet
 

Monsie wrote:
Hi Barry,

After installing your Rox-Filer pet on my Wary desktop and re-booting, I noticed that the Console on the desktop now appears as a symlink. Is this an expected result and is it of any consequence?

Thanks,
Monsie


I don't know why that is happening. Probably it won't happen if the PET is used in Woof when a Puppy is built.

_________________
http://bkhome.org/news/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
npierce

Joined: 28 Dec 2009
Posts: 858

PostPosted: Mon 20 Feb 2012, 19:18    Post subject:  

Barry,

Apologies for raising false hopes with the GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS work-around. I'm glad that you spotted the problem before shipping it to the repo. And it is very good to hear that you were able to get a fix for the focus problem.


Argolance,

Apologies to you as well. I have been able to reproduce Barry's findings. (I needed a directory with almost 7000 items to do so, but the actual number will vary depending on how many items ROX-Filer displays in each row, and how tall each row is.) So my proposed work-around is certainly not the solution we were hoping for. The problem you are having will need to be fixed in ROX-Filer. Sorry that the work-around didn't work properly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
BarryK
Puppy Master


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 7099
Location: Perth, Western Australia

PostPosted: Tue 21 Feb 2012, 04:26    Post subject:  

npierce wrote:
Barry,

Apologies for raising false hopes with the GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS work-around. I'm glad that you spotted the problem before shipping it to the repo. And it is very good to hear that you were able to get a fix for the focus problem.


Argolance,

Apologies to you as well. I have been able to reproduce Barry's findings. (I needed a directory with almost 7000 items to do so, but the actual number will vary depending on how many items ROX-Filer displays in each row, and how tall each row is.) So my proposed work-around is certainly not the solution we were hoping for. The problem you are having will need to be fixed in ROX-Filer. Sorry that the work-around didn't work properly.


npierce,
I got it (the hanging) with a directory with 3029 items. It was displaying 10 items wide, or rather, trying to.

argolance,
Sorry, I wasn't clear. You and npierce were discussing a different problem, that you solved with GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS. As soon as I saw the mention of that variable, my mind went immediately to the old focus bug.

Though, 01micko has reported the focus problem is not fixed for him in Slacko. Right now I'm running the very latest Racy, with the new Rox, and just tested the "Open With..." menu -- yep, focus on the icon get released. Good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
BarryK
Puppy Master


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 7099
Location: Perth, Western Australia

PostPosted: Tue 21 Feb 2012, 04:36    Post subject: Re: Wary Puppy 5.2.2, 18 Nov. 2011
Subject description: Rox-Filer focus pet
 

BarryK wrote:
Monsie wrote:
Hi Barry,

After installing your Rox-Filer pet on my Wary desktop and re-booting, I noticed that the Console on the desktop now appears as a symlink. Is this an expected result and is it of any consequence?

Thanks,
Monsie


I don't know why that is happening. Probably it won't happen if the PET is used in Woof when a Puppy is built.


Confirmed. Latest Wary/Racy 5.2.2.7, console icon is ok.

_________________
http://bkhome.org/news/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
BarryK
Puppy Master


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 7099
Location: Perth, Western Australia

PostPosted: Tue 21 Feb 2012, 05:29    Post subject:  

For anyone who is interested, there is now a beta1 of the upcoming Wary 5.3 uploaded:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76182

_________________
http://bkhome.org/news/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 23 of 25 [361 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.1049s ][ Queries: 13 (0.0112s) ][ GZIP on ]