Flash in the pan?

News, happenings
WindUpToy

Flash in the pan?

#1 Post by WindUpToy »

In the last couple of days, I have observed an unusual phenomenon for this forum.

Actual forum moderation, by a moderator (Flash),
and threads locked.

Is this the new overdue style, or just Flash in the pan?

disciple

#2 Post by disciple »

1. This thread should be moderated - it is obviously not an announcement.
2. Yes, I think the moderating is usually still pretty light around here, but there is clearly a policy to moderate.
When you sign up, the registration agreement says:
the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.

And John said:
We have moderators in every timezone, and they work hard to keep the forum clean. Although I trust their judgement anyone should feel free to bring incidents to my attention. You can say all you like about "the club", but in truth I have banned two moderators who where supposed to be part of that club when I found that they where abusing or misusing their power.
This "Truly off-topic conversations" is a bit of a liability, but I feel it is important that people do get to be "Totally off-topic".
However, if you over do it then your post may not survive ...

That is what I call common sense.
When people really try to cause trouble threads are locked or deleted, and members have been banned in extreme cases (I know at least one was unbanned after a period).
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

nooby

#3 Post by nooby »

a link to that thread would help to get a perspective on it.
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though