Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 01 Aug 2014, 01:58
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Racy Puppy 5.2.2 Final, 18 Nov. 2011
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 32 of 33 [487 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 30, 31, 32, 33 Next
linuxcbon

PostPosted: Sat 18 Feb 2012, 08:48    Post subject:  

Once again, it needs acpi=off to boot on my PC, but Wary doesn't have that problem.
glxgears is slow, 370 instead of 1200 in Wary,
dmesg shows the same errors
Code:
[   16.675601] unionfs: new lower inode mtime (bindex=1, name=init.d)
[   16.675618] unionfs: new lower inode mtime (bindex=1, name=etc)
[   16.742072] unionfs: new lower inode mtime (bindex=1, name=sbin)

What is also slow is from to :
Code:
[    5.994741] EXT4-fs (sda6): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
[   16.083970] unionfs: new lower inode mtime (bindex=0, name=gtk-2.0)

and from to
Code:
[   24.678921] unionfs: new lower inode mtime (bindex=0, name=cups)
[   53.893969] unionfs: new lower inode mtime (bindex=0, name=rc.d)
Billtoo

PostPosted: Sat 18 Feb 2012, 16:16    Post subject: Racy Puppy 5.2.2 Final, 18 Nov. 2011
Subject description: thunderbird-10.0.2 sfs

I compiled and made a sfs file of Thunderbird-10.0.2 mail reader in
racy-5.2.2.
I tested it in both racy-5.2.2 and wary-5.2.2
EDIT: It works in Saluki too.

The download link is:

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-165680c4.html
thunscrn.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   122.95 KB
 Viewed   1175 Time(s)

thunscrn.jpg

BarryK
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Mon 20 Feb 2012, 05:50    Post subject: Re: Various fixes for filemnt  

npierce wrote:
Karl Godt wrote:
I actually use your diff for
Subject: filemnt won't mount two files with same base name.
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=430987#430987
Since /usr/sbin/filemnt in Racy has the feature to mount encrypted save files by GUI would like to have this feature in Racy too . Cool

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the reminder. As it happens, I was working on a Racy version of this about three weeks ago, but didn't have time then to finish testing it. Then I got distracted by other things and didn't get back to it -- well, not until now. Here it is.

==========================================================

The attached filemnt has five changes:

1. Corrects false positives in test that checks to see if file is already mounted.

Because having a single file mounted at two mount points is a confusing and possibly dangerous thing, filemnt tests to see if it is already mounted. This has been true for years. But the existing code has a quirk.

If you happen to have two different files with the same base name, attempting to mount the second file will give you something similar to the following xmessage which is quite puzzling because it simply isn't true.
Quote:
Sorry /mnt/sr0/puppy_racy_5.2.2.sfs is already mounted and in-use by Puppy

With this new version, you may mount two or more files that happen to have the same name, as long as they are not actually the same file.

For instance, if you are comparing two versions of an .sfs file, you may mount both the old and new versions (at different mount points, obviously) without the need to temporarily rename one of them.

2. Corrects false negatives in test that checks to see if file is already mounted.

With the current filemnt, if the filename itself (not a directory name) is a symlink, then filemnt will allow the file to be mounted twice. This new version corrects this.

3. Expands the error message that appears when a user does attempt to mount a single file twice.

Now it gives not just the pathname of the file you tried to mount, but also the mount point of the mounted file and the pathname that was used when it was mounted. This helps the user to find the already mounted file.

4. Prevents creation of directory in /mnt/ when given an invalid pathname.

Since most people access filemnt by clicking on icons in ROX-Filer, this would rarely happen. But if you run the existing filemnt from the command line, and pass it a bad filename, it will go ahead and create a directory for it in /mnt/ even though it has no file to mount. This new version prevents this.

5. Corrected code that determines absolute pathname of a file in the current directory.

filemnt creates a unique name for the mount point which is based on the pathname of the file. If the user mounts a file that is in the current directory, and doesn't give the absolute pathname, filemnt determines the absolute pathname so that it can create a unique name.

But due to a minor bug, this was not working. Instead the mount point was based only on the name of the file. So if you had a file named "test.sfs" in two directories, went to the first directory, mounted its test.sfs with the command filemnt test.sfs, then changed to the other directory and mounted its test.sfs with the same command, filemnt would be confused. Because it thinks the absolute pathname is the same for both files, it assumes that the file is already mounted, so the second file would not be mounted, and the first file would be unmounted.

Again, this would rarely be a problem, since most people use filemnt through ROX-Filer, which supplies absolute file names.

==========================================================

Karl, I'm glad that you found my old version useful. I hope this Racy version works as well for you. My profession? Just an old hardware guy trying to make it in a software world. Smile

Thanks very much for this! Your fix is now in Woof:

http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=02701

BarryK
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Mon 20 Feb 2012, 06:02    Post subject:  

Jemimah,
You posted a change for installpkg.sh a few pages back, to warn if a PET will overwrite system libs.

The thing is though, the petget mechanism does restore the system files when a package is uninstalled. That is, when there is an underlying SFS to restore from -- it doesn't work with a full hd installation.

BarryK
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Mon 20 Feb 2012, 06:18    Post subject:  

jemimah wrote:
I've been trying to figure out why new2dir does not work with cmake and I've come up with this fix. I'm not sure if this will cause other problems or not. I'm attaching an example pkginstall.list that does not work.

Code:
--- new2dir.orig   2012-02-01 20:39:28.759717585 +0800
+++ new2dir   2012-02-01 20:40:23.791713837 +0800
@@ -179,7 +179,7 @@
 # filter out $UPONE...
 # BUGPATTERN='&'"$UPONE"
 # no, just filter out /mnt and /initrd...
-cat /tmp/pkginstall.list | grep '#success$' | tr -s '\t' | tr '&' ' ' | tr '\t' '&' | grep '^[345]&open&' | grep --extended-regexp -v '&/dev/tty&|&/dev/null&|&/root/\.packages/|&/tmp/|&/root/\.icewm/|&/proc/|&/sys/|DotPupTmpDir|/\.myownmenuerc' | grep -E -v '&/initrd|&/mnt/' | cut -f 3 -d '&' > ${RELPATH}/${EXE_PKGNAME}.files
+cat /tmp/pkginstall.list | grep '#success$' | tr -s '\t' | tr '&' ' ' | tr '\t' '&' | egrep '^[345]&open&|^0&chmod&' | grep --extended-regexp -v '&/dev/tty&|&/dev/null&|&/root/\.packages/|&/tmp/|&/root/\.icewm/|&/proc/|&/sys/|DotPupTmpDir|/\.myownmenuerc' | grep -E -v '&/initrd|&/mnt/' | cut -f 3 -d '&' > ${RELPATH}/${EXE_PKGNAME}.files
 #...list will only have created files, not created directories, so an empty
 #   directory won't get recorded.

Ok, I have put this into Woof. I guess we will find out if the change breaks anything else, people will complain! Smile

BarryK
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Mon 20 Feb 2012, 06:44    Post subject:  

jemimah wrote:
This patch applies Technosaurus' wget progressbar function to the download_file utility. It also replaces an rxvt window with an Xdialog tailbox.

Code:
--- download_file.orig   2012-02-02 19:29:24.361557081 +0800
+++ download_file   2012-02-02 19:45:58.424489335 +0800
@@ -20,7 +20,7 @@
 while [ 1 ];do
  echo -n "" > /tmp/download_file_spider.log1
  #gtklogfileviewer "/tmp/download_file_spider.log" "Close" 0 0 600 200 "Testing remote file exists:" &
- rxvt -geometry 130x10+0+0 -bg orange -fg black -title "Testing file exists: ${URLSPEC}" -e tail -f /tmp/download_file_spider.log1 &
+ Xdialog --wmclass "gtkdialog2" --title "Testing file exists: ${URLSPEC}" --tailbox /tmp/download_file_spider.log1 30 100 &
  PID1=$!
  wget -4 -t 2 -T 20 --waitretry=20 --spider -S "${URLSPEC}" > /tmp/download_file_spider.log1 2>&1
  if [ $? -ne 0 ];then
@@ -165,7 +165,11 @@
  fi

echo -n "" > /tmp/download_file_spider.log2
- rxvt -geometry 130x10+0+0 -bg orange -fg black -title "Downloading file: ${URLSPEC}" -e tail -f /tmp/download_file_spider.log2 &
+ tail -f /tmp/download_file_spider.log2 | while read LINE; do
+      case $LINE in
+         *%*)LINE=${LINE##*..};echo ${LINE%%%*};;
+      esac
+ done |Xdialog --gauge "Download progress..." 0 0&
  PID1=$!
  #-t 5 means retry 5 times, -w 5 means wait 5 seconds between retries...
  wget -4 ${CONTPARAM} -t 5 -w 5 "${URLSPEC}" > /tmp/download_file_spider.log2 2>&1

Great! This and previous patch are now in Woof:
http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=02702

BarryK
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Mon 20 Feb 2012, 06:56    Post subject:  

Karl Godt wrote:
Older bug not often encountered :

Reminder for /usr/local/bin/pupzip :

Quote:
Edit /usr/local/bin/pupzip at line 100:
Code:
RPM2CPIO="rpm2cpio2"

Remove last '2':
Code:
RPM2CPIO="rpm2cpio"

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=451839&search_id=1768897360#451839
post is made by shinobar .

Thought i had seen it also once as a post from GuestToo , but can not find it today somehow .

There is no bug, the script does not need modifying. It no longer uses rpm2cpio, uses exploderpm.

jemimah

PostPosted: Mon 20 Feb 2012, 12:17    Post subject:  

BarryK wrote:
Jemimah,
You posted a change for installpkg.sh a few pages back, to warn if a PET will overwrite system libs.

The thing is though, the petget mechanism does restore the system files when a package is uninstalled. That is, when there is an underlying SFS to restore from -- it doesn't work with a full hd installation.

Yes I have fixed it in saluki to only warn about uninstallation for a full install. Still, I think giving users a heads up when they overwrite files might save people a lot of headaches. That was pretty much the main real complaint on the "improve the pet format" thread.
jemimah

PostPosted: Mon 20 Feb 2012, 12:26    Post subject:  

BarryK wrote:

Great! This and previous patch are now in Woof:
http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=02702

My users saw this and then wanted a cancel button. Sounds easy, but it's actually kind of a pain.

You can have a cancel button with a yad progressbar but it doesn't actually work unless you use the auto-kill option which kills the parent process. So I had to make a another script that runs the wget and yad part. I wanted to do this with a subshell or a function but neither of those worked.

Wget refuses to die when it's parent is killed. I guess there's a patch to fix that that could be applied. For this script I just try to find the wget without a parent and kill it.

Code:
--- download_file.orig   2012-02-20 11:21:45.881526558 -0500
+++ download_file   2012-02-20 11:19:44.300534918 -0500
@@ -11,6 +11,8 @@

#exit number: 0 ok, 1 unable to download, 2 download fail, 3 invalid url.

+
+
 export LANG=C #keep Xdialog happy.
 URLSPEC="$@"
 FILENAME="`basename "$@"`"
@@ -164,25 +166,28 @@
   fi
  fi

- echo -n "" > /tmp/download_file_spider.log2
- tail -f /tmp/download_file_spider.log2 | while read LINE; do
-      case $LINE in
-         *%*)LINE=${LINE##*..};echo ${LINE%%%*};;
-      esac
- done |Xdialog --title "File Download"  --gauge "Downloading ${URLSPEC}" 0 0&
- PID1=$!
- #-t 5 means retry 5 times, -w 5 means wait 5 seconds between retries...
- wget -4 ${CONTPARAM} -t 5 -w 5 "${URLSPEC}" > /tmp/download_file_spider.log2 2>&1
+HELPNAME=/tmp/downloader-helper$$
+echo "#!/bin/bash
+     wget -4 ${CONTPARAM} -t 5 -w 5 \"${URLSPEC}\" 2>&1  | while read LINE; do
+         case \$LINE in
+            *%*)LINE=\${LINE##*..};echo \${LINE%%%*};;
+         esac
+     done | yad --progress --title=\"File Download\" --text=\"Downloading ${URLSPEC}\" --percentage=0  --button=Cancel:-1 --auto-close --auto-kill " > $HELPNAME
+
+  chmod 755 $HELPNAME
+
+ $HELPNAME
  if [ $? -ne 0 ];then
+  XPID=`ps -ef |grep wget|grep " 1 " |awk '{print $2}'`
+  kill $XPID
   Xdialog --wmclass "gtkdialog2" --title "Puppy File Downloader" --screen-center --cr-wrap --ok-label "TRY AGAIN" --cancel-label "GIVE UP" --icon "/usr/local/lib/X11/pixmaps/error.xpm" --yesno "Download failed, see log top-left of screen.
 Do you want to try again, or give up?" 0 0
   REPLY1=$?
-  kill $PID1
   [ $REPLY1 -eq 0 ] && continue
   rm -f "$FILENAME"
+  rm -f "$HELPNAME"
   exit 2
  fi
- kill $PID1

#paranoid, check size of downloaded file...
  SIZEB_LOCAL=`stat --format=%s "${FILENAME}"`
@@ -193,6 +198,6 @@

break
 done
-
+rm -f "$HELPNAME"
 exit 0
 ###END###
jemimah

PostPosted: Mon 20 Feb 2012, 13:20    Post subject:  

I found a bug in dependencies.sh. This fixes it so that dependencies with names in all caps like SDL are not omitted.

Code:
--- dependencies.sh.orig   2012-02-20 12:18:49.072292539 -0500
+++ dependencies.sh   2012-02-17 13:15:22.401843799 -0500
@@ -124,7 +125,7 @@
 rm -f /tmp/petget_missing_dbentries* 2>/dev/null
 #for depPATTERN in `cat /tmp/petget_missingpkgs_patterns` #ex depPATTERN=|kdelibs| ex2: |kdelibs&gt2.3.6|
 #111107 01micko: fix for '||' messing things up...
-for depPATTERN in `grep '[a-z]' /tmp/petget_missingpkgs_patterns` #ex depPATTERN=|kdelibs| ex2: |kdelibs&gt2.3.6|
+for depPATTERN in `grep '[a-zA-Z]' /tmp/petget_missingpkgs_patterns` #ex depPATTERN=|kdelibs| ex2: |kdelibs&gt2.3.6|
 do

#110722 separate out any versioning... (see also findmissingpkgs.sh)
BarryK
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Mon 20 Feb 2012, 19:14    Post subject:  

jemimah wrote:
I found a bug in dependencies.sh. This fixes it so that dependencies with names in all caps like SDL are not omitted.

Code:
--- dependencies.sh.orig   2012-02-20 12:18:49.072292539 -0500
+++ dependencies.sh   2012-02-17 13:15:22.401843799 -0500
@@ -124,7 +125,7 @@
 rm -f /tmp/petget_missing_dbentries* 2>/dev/null
 #for depPATTERN in `cat /tmp/petget_missingpkgs_patterns` #ex depPATTERN=|kdelibs| ex2: |kdelibs&gt2.3.6|
 #111107 01micko: fix for '||' messing things up...
-for depPATTERN in `grep '[a-z]' /tmp/petget_missingpkgs_patterns` #ex depPATTERN=|kdelibs| ex2: |kdelibs&gt2.3.6|
+for depPATTERN in `grep '[a-zA-Z]' /tmp/petget_missingpkgs_patterns` #ex depPATTERN=|kdelibs| ex2: |kdelibs&gt2.3.6|
 do

#110722 separate out any versioning... (see also findmissingpkgs.sh)

Thanks, I have put that into Woof.

npierce

PostPosted: Mon 20 Feb 2012, 23:07    Post subject: Re: Various fixes for filemnt  

BarryK wrote:
Thanks very much for this! Your fix is now in Woof:

http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=02701

Barry,

You're very welcome!

Thanks for taking the time to patch it manually. I'd meant to finish it up and post it before filemnt was internationalized, but I got side-tracked by other things.
jemimah

PostPosted: Tue 21 Feb 2012, 01:26    Post subject:  

This is a fix to make sfsget scrollable - in case you have a lot of sfses.

Code:
 diff -u sfsget.orig sfsget
--- sfsget.orig   2012-02-21 00:24:16.362955599 -0500
+++ sfsget   2012-02-18 22:22:42.059258851 -0500
@@ -122,9 +121,10 @@
  done
  export SFS_DIALOG="<window title=\"SFS Downloader: choose file\" icon-name=\"gtk-about\" window_position=\"1\">
  <vbox>
-  <text><label>Please choose an SFS file that you would like to download:</label></text>
-  <frame>
+  <frame Choose an SFS file to download:>
+    <vbox scrollable=\"true\" height-request=\"500\" width=\"400\" height=\"200\">
    ${SFSBUTTONS}
+    </vbox>
   </frame>
   <hbox>
    <button ok></button>
@@ -132,7 +132,7 @@
   </hbox>
  </vbox>
  </window>"
- RETPARAMS="`gtkdialog3 --program=SFS_DIALOG`"
+ RETPARAMS="`gtkdialog4 --program=SFS_DIALOG`"
  [ "`echo "$RETPARAMS" | grep '^EXIT' | grep 'OK'`" = "" ] && exit 1
  SFS_FILE="`echo "$RETPARAMS" | grep 'RADIO_URL_' | grep '"true"' | cut -f 1 -d '=' | cut -f 3-9 -d '_'`" #110813 bug fix.
 fi
BarryK
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Tue 21 Feb 2012, 05:11    Post subject:  

jemimah wrote:
This is a fix to make sfsget scrollable - in case you have a lot of sfses.

Code:
 diff -u sfsget.orig sfsget
--- sfsget.orig   2012-02-21 00:24:16.362955599 -0500
+++ sfsget   2012-02-18 22:22:42.059258851 -0500
@@ -122,9 +121,10 @@
  done
  export SFS_DIALOG="<window title=\"SFS Downloader: choose file\" icon-name=\"gtk-about\" window_position=\"1\">
  <vbox>
-  <text><label>Please choose an SFS file that you would like to download:</label></text>
-  <frame>
+  <frame Choose an SFS file to download:>
+    <vbox scrollable=\"true\" height-request=\"500\" width=\"400\" height=\"200\">
    ${SFSBUTTONS}
+    </vbox>
   </frame>
   <hbox>
    <button ok></button>
@@ -132,7 +132,7 @@
   </hbox>
  </vbox>
  </window>"
- RETPARAMS="`gtkdialog3 --program=SFS_DIALOG`"
+ RETPARAMS="`gtkdialog4 --program=SFS_DIALOG`"
  [ "`echo "$RETPARAMS" | grep '^EXIT' | grep 'OK'`" = "" ] && exit 1
  SFS_FILE="`echo "$RETPARAMS" | grep 'RADIO_URL_' | grep '"true"' | cut -f 1 -d '=' | cut -f 3-9 -d '_'`" #110813 bug fix.
 fi

Thanks for that, I have put it into Woof, will upload soon. It didn't make it into Wary/Racy 5.2.2.7 which are just released.

Guys, note that I am having to apply your patches manually, as most of the scripts in Woof are now internationalized.

It is easy to grab the latest script, just go to:

http://bkhome.org/fossil/woof2.cgi/timeline

...do an anonymous login, click on Files menu, find the script, click Download button.

BarryK
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Tue 21 Feb 2012, 05:30    Post subject:  

For anyone who is interested, there is now a beta1 of the upcoming Racy 5.3 uploaded:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76182

Page 32 of 33 [487 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 30, 31, 32, 33 Next
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Jump to: