Racy Puppy 5.2.2 Final, 18 Nov. 2011

Please post any bugs you have found
Billtoo

#461 Post by Billtoo »

PenguinPupLin wrote:I attempted to install the latest ati catalyst driver, namely amd-driver-installer-12-1-x86.x86_64.run for my Radeon HD5450 graphics card, with the devx_racy_5.2.2.sfs and the kernel_src-3.0.7-patched.sfs (both checked for md5sum integrity) loaded in bootmanager config bootup. Installation completed successfully, then run aticonfig --initial, and reboot.

But it failed to boot straight into puppy, so had to run xorgwizard, "choose" fglrx, selected the resolution, yet it fell back to using the radeon driver instead. Also the AMD Catalyst Control Center wasn't found,no menu item created. Report-video showed radeon not fglrx driver used.

I've also removed the Xorg-High-GLX driver that was installed from quickpet>drivers and reverted to vesa before running the AMD-driver-installer again, but to no avail. Have repeated the process a number of times, the same result each time.

Wonder what went wrong; am quite familiar with installing ATI or NVidia drivers for my various puppies. Hope someone can point it out to me.
I installed the ati driver and it's working, I did it in the terminal not from the prompt, when it finished I entered aticonfig --initial and exited the terminal, then rebooted.
Attachments
atiscrn.jpg
(179.69 KiB) Downloaded 1398 times

PenguinPupLin

#462 Post by PenguinPupLin »

Thanks,Billtoo,for your quick response. You've got AMD CCC working though your report-video still showed vesa driver. My AMD CCC suddenly appeared in the menu minus the icons after I unloaded the devx and kernel source files and rebooted.

Then I did what you suggested and run the installer in the terminal ( i now recalled ever once doing it this way before for one of my other puppies,successfully). Again, it failed to boot into racy and had to run xorgwizard, choose fglrx,etc, to get in, and clicking on the AMD CCC popped up "initialization error".

Btw, I also have other sfs loaded together with the devx and kernel source files on bootup, namely opera-11.62.sfs, cjk_lang_pack.sfs and jre.sfs - thought it's ok.

It's getting very late,past midnight here, I'll try again tomorrow and report back; maybe I'd revert to vesa driver first before reinstalling the amd driver. Another thing,in my previous post,I added the remark about nouveau driver inbuilt in racy522.

Just noticed you're using HD2400 XT card, AFAIK, I think your graphics card is no longer supported by the newer catalyst driver.

Billtoo

#463 Post by Billtoo »

PenguinPupLin wrote:
Just noticed you're using HD2400 XT card, AFAIK, I think your graphics card is no longer supported by the newer catalyst driver.
This is what I get on a new racy 522 install:

# report-video
Racy Puppy, version 5.2.2 on Wed 15 Feb 2012

Chip description:
0.0 VGA compatible controller
ATI Technologies Inc Radeon HD 2400 XT
oem: ATI ATOMBIOS
product: M74 01.00

X Server: Xorg
Driver used: # vesa

X.Org version: 1.11.0
dimensions: 1680x1050 pixels (444x277 millimeters)
depth of root window: 24 planes

...the above also recorded in /tmp/root/ as report-video,
and archived with xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log as report-video-full.gz
# glxgears
2250 frames in 5.0 seconds = 449.868 FPS
2260 frames in 5.0 seconds = 451.843 FPS
2257 frames in 5.0 seconds = 451.377 FPS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is after loading the devx and kernel source sfs files and installing the ati proprietary driver:

# report-video
Racy Puppy, version 5.2.2 on Wed 15 Feb 2012

Chip description:
0.0 VGA compatible controller
ATI Technologies Inc Radeon HD 2400 XT
oem: ATI ATOMBIOS
product: M74 01.00

X Server: Xorg
Driver used: # vesa

dimensions: 1680x1050 pixels (444x277 millimeters)

...the above also recorded in /tmp/root/ as report-video,
and archived with xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log as report-video-full.gz
# glxgears
24559 frames in 5.0 seconds = 4911.760 FPS
24985 frames in 5.0 seconds = 4996.982 FPS
25102 frames in 5.0 seconds = 5020.259 FPS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is what hardinfo reports after installing the proprietary driver:

Display
Resolution 1680x1050 pixels
OpenGL Renderer ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT
X11 Vendor The X.Org Foundation

OpenGL
Vendor Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Renderer ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT
Version 3.3.11399 Compatibility Profile Context
Direct Rendering Yes

There is a bug in report-video and report-video-glx and it always
reports the "driver used" as vesa but you can see by the glxgears fps
rate that hardware acceleration is working.

Nexuiz also plays great now (my favorite shoot'em up game) :)

That's the latest ati driver as far as I know, it was just released last month.
Attachments
part1scrn.jpg
(187.5 KiB) Downloaded 1366 times
part3scrn.jpg
(167.3 KiB) Downloaded 1356 times

PenguinPupLin

#464 Post by PenguinPupLin »

Nice,happy for you, but,unfortunately, no such luck for my PCIe Radeon HD5450 - I tried 3x today to install the AMD catalyst driver 12-1 in terminal, twice in vesa, all to no avail, each time having to use the --force command to override the previously installed (but same ver) catalyst driver .

Seeing that your AGP Radeon HD2400 XT works fine with the latest catalyst driver is a small consolation for me as I've an older AGP Radeon HD2600 Pro graphics card that I can use for another older desktop PC which presently has the AGP Radeon 9550.

Meanwhile, for the PCIe Radeon HD5450, I've reverted back to the Xorg_High-GLX driver recommended under Quickpet>Drivers until such time a working Catalyst driver is posted in the PPM repository for Racy 522.

Billtoo

#465 Post by Billtoo »

PenguinPupLin wrote: Seeing that your AGP Radeon HD2400 XT works fine with the latest catalyst driver is a small consolation for me as I've an older AGP Radeon HD2600 Pro graphics card that I can use for another older desktop PC which presently has the AGP Radeon 9550.
I used the same method on my aao netbook which has ati hd4200.

Thu 16 Feb 2012 Operating System: Racy Puppy-5.2.2 Linux 3.0.7
5.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M880G [Mobility Radeon HD 4200]
oem: ATI ATOMBIOS product: RS880M 01.00

X Server: Xorg Driver: # vesa
dimensions: 1024x600 pixels (270x158 millimeters)

direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: ATI
server glx version string: 1.4
OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series
OpenGL version string: 3.3.11399 Compatibility Profile Context

# glxgears
9007 frames in 5.0 seconds = 1801.331 FPS
8983 frames in 5.0 seconds = 1796.447 FPS
9116 frames in 5.0 seconds = 1823.138 FPS

I'm running from the live dvd (cheaper than cd here) with a save file on this netbook and the imac which has the HD 2400 XT.
I hope you get it working, good luck :)

EDIT: One more, acer laptop with ati 5470:
Thu 16 Feb 2012 Operating System: Racy Puppy-5.2.2 Linux 3.0.7
0.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Manhattan
[Mobility Radeon HD 5400 Series]
oem: ATI ATOMBIOS product: PARK 01.00

X Server: Xorg Driver: # vesa
dimensions: 1600x900 pixels (423x238 millimeters)

direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: ATI
server glx version string: 1.4om
OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5400 Series
OpenGL version string: 4.2.11399 Compatibility Profile Context

# glxgears
27505 frames in 5.0 seconds = 5500.844 FPS
27720 frames in 5.0 seconds = 5543.973 FPS
27835 frames in 5.0 seconds = 5566.824 FPS

Maybe you could try running from the live cd/dvd with a save file just
to see if it will work for you?

linuxcbon

#466 Post by linuxcbon »

Once again, it needs acpi=off to boot on my PC, but Wary doesn't have that problem.
glxgears is slow, 370 instead of 1200 in Wary,
dmesg shows the same errors

Code: Select all

[   16.675601] unionfs: new lower inode mtime (bindex=1, name=init.d)
[   16.675618] unionfs: new lower inode mtime (bindex=1, name=etc)
[   16.742072] unionfs: new lower inode mtime (bindex=1, name=sbin)
What is also slow is from to :

[    5.994741] EXT4-fs (sda6): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
[   16.083970] unionfs: new lower inode mtime (bindex=0, name=gtk-2.0)
and from to

[   24.678921] unionfs: new lower inode mtime (bindex=0, name=cups)
[   53.893969] unionfs: new lower inode mtime (bindex=0, name=rc.d)

Billtoo

Racy Puppy 5.2.2 Final, 18 Nov. 2011

#467 Post by Billtoo »

I compiled and made a sfs file of Thunderbird-10.0.2 mail reader in
racy-5.2.2.
I tested it in both racy-5.2.2 and wary-5.2.2
EDIT: It works in Saluki too.

The download link is:

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-165680c4.html
Attachments
thunscrn.jpg
(122.95 KiB) Downloaded 1490 times

BarryK
Puppy Master

Re: Various fixes for filemnt

#468 Post by BarryK »

npierce wrote:
Karl Godt wrote:I actually use your diff for
Subject: filemnt won't mount two files with same base name.
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 987#430987
Since /usr/sbin/filemnt in Racy has the feature to mount encrypted save files by GUI would like to have this feature in Racy too . Cool
Hi Karl,

Thanks for the reminder. As it happens, I was working on a Racy version of this about three weeks ago, but didn't have time then to finish testing it. Then I got distracted by other things and didn't get back to it -- well, not until now. Here it is.

==========================================================

The attached filemnt has five changes:

1. Corrects false positives in test that checks to see if file is already mounted.

Because having a single file mounted at two mount points is a confusing and possibly dangerous thing, filemnt tests to see if it is already mounted. This has been true for years. But the existing code has a quirk.

If you happen to have two different files with the same base name, attempting to mount the second file will give you something similar to the following xmessage which is quite puzzling because it simply isn't true.
Sorry /mnt/sr0/puppy_racy_5.2.2.sfs is already mounted and in-use by Puppy
With this new version, you may mount two or more files that happen to have the same name, as long as they are not actually the same file.

For instance, if you are comparing two versions of an .sfs file, you may mount both the old and new versions (at different mount points, obviously) without the need to temporarily rename one of them.

2. Corrects false negatives in test that checks to see if file is already mounted.

With the current filemnt, if the filename itself (not a directory name) is a symlink, then filemnt will allow the file to be mounted twice. This new version corrects this.

3. Expands the error message that appears when a user does attempt to mount a single file twice.

Now it gives not just the pathname of the file you tried to mount, but also the mount point of the mounted file and the pathname that was used when it was mounted. This helps the user to find the already mounted file.

4. Prevents creation of directory in /mnt/ when given an invalid pathname.

Since most people access filemnt by clicking on icons in ROX-Filer, this would rarely happen. But if you run the existing filemnt from the command line, and pass it a bad filename, it will go ahead and create a directory for it in /mnt/ even though it has no file to mount. This new version prevents this.

5. Corrected code that determines absolute pathname of a file in the current directory.

filemnt creates a unique name for the mount point which is based on the pathname of the file. If the user mounts a file that is in the current directory, and doesn't give the absolute pathname, filemnt determines the absolute pathname so that it can create a unique name.

But due to a minor bug, this was not working. Instead the mount point was based only on the name of the file. So if you had a file named "test.sfs" in two directories, went to the first directory, mounted its test.sfs with the command filemnt test.sfs, then changed to the other directory and mounted its test.sfs with the same command, filemnt would be confused. Because it thinks the absolute pathname is the same for both files, it assumes that the file is already mounted, so the second file would not be mounted, and the first file would be unmounted.

Again, this would rarely be a problem, since most people use filemnt through ROX-Filer, which supplies absolute file names.

==========================================================

Karl, I'm glad that you found my old version useful. I hope this Racy version works as well for you. My profession? Just an old hardware guy trying to make it in a software world. :)
Thanks very much for this! Your fix is now in Woof:

http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=02701
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

BarryK
Puppy Master

#469 Post by BarryK »

Jemimah,
You posted a change for installpkg.sh a few pages back, to warn if a PET will overwrite system libs.

The thing is though, the petget mechanism does restore the system files when a package is uninstalled. That is, when there is an underlying SFS to restore from -- it doesn't work with a full hd installation.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#470 Post by BarryK »

jemimah wrote:I've been trying to figure out why new2dir does not work with cmake and I've come up with this fix. I'm not sure if this will cause other problems or not. I'm attaching an example pkginstall.list that does not work.

--- new2dir.orig	2012-02-01 20:39:28.759717585 +0800
+++ new2dir	2012-02-01 20:40:23.791713837 +0800
@@ -179,7 +179,7 @@
 # filter out $UPONE...
 # BUGPATTERN='&'"$UPONE"
 # no, just filter out /mnt and /initrd...
-cat /tmp/pkginstall.list | grep '#success$' | tr -s '\t' | tr '&' ' ' | tr '\t' '&' | grep '^[345]&open&' | grep --extended-regexp -v '&/dev/tty&|&/dev/null&|&/root/\.packages/|&/tmp/|&/root/\.icewm/|&/proc/|&/sys/|DotPupTmpDir|/\.myownmenuerc' | grep -E -v '&/initrd|&/mnt/' | cut -f 3 -d '&' > ${RELPATH}/${EXE_PKGNAME}.files
+cat /tmp/pkginstall.list | grep '#success$' | tr -s '\t' | tr '&' ' ' | tr '\t' '&' | egrep '^[345]&open&|^0&chmod&' | grep --extended-regexp -v '&/dev/tty&|&/dev/null&|&/root/\.packages/|&/tmp/|&/root/\.icewm/|&/proc/|&/sys/|DotPupTmpDir|/\.myownmenuerc' | grep -E -v '&/initrd|&/mnt/' | cut -f 3 -d '&' > ${RELPATH}/${EXE_PKGNAME}.files
 #...list will only have created files, not created directories, so an empty
 #   directory won't get recorded.

Ok, I have put this into Woof. I guess we will find out if the change breaks anything else, people will complain! :)

BarryK
Puppy Master

#471 Post by BarryK »

jemimah wrote:This patch applies Technosaurus' wget progressbar function to the download_file utility. It also replaces an rxvt window with an Xdialog tailbox.

--- download_file.orig	2012-02-02 19:29:24.361557081 +0800
+++ download_file	2012-02-02 19:45:58.424489335 +0800
@@ -20,7 +20,7 @@
 while [ 1 ];do
  echo -n "" > /tmp/download_file_spider.log1
  #gtklogfileviewer "/tmp/download_file_spider.log" "Close" 0 0 600 200 "Testing remote file exists:" &
- rxvt -geometry 130x10+0+0 -bg orange -fg black -title "Testing file exists: ${URLSPEC}" -e tail -f /tmp/download_file_spider.log1 &
+ Xdialog --wmclass "gtkdialog2" --title "Testing file exists: ${URLSPEC}" --tailbox /tmp/download_file_spider.log1 30 100 &
  PID1=$!
  wget -4 -t 2 -T 20 --waitretry=20 --spider -S "${URLSPEC}" > /tmp/download_file_spider.log1 2>&1
  if [ $? -ne 0 ];then
@@ -165,7 +165,11 @@
  fi

echo -n "" > /tmp/download_file_spider.log2
- rxvt -geometry 130x10+0+0 -bg orange -fg black -title "Downloading file: ${URLSPEC}" -e tail -f /tmp/download_file_spider.log2 &
+ tail -f /tmp/download_file_spider.log2 | while read LINE; do
+      case $LINE in
+         *%*)LINE=${LINE##*..};echo ${LINE%%%*};;
+      esac
+ done |Xdialog --gauge "Download progress..." 0 0&
  PID1=$!
  #-t 5 means retry 5 times, -w 5 means wait 5 seconds between retries...
  wget -4 ${CONTPARAM} -t 5 -w 5 "${URLSPEC}" > /tmp/download_file_spider.log2 2>&1
Great! This and previous patch are now in Woof:
http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=02702

BarryK
Puppy Master

#472 Post by BarryK »

Karl Godt wrote:Older bug not often encountered :

Reminder for /usr/local/bin/pupzip :
Edit /usr/local/bin/pupzip at line 100:
Code:
RPM2CPIO="rpm2cpio2"

Remove last '2':
Code:
RPM2CPIO="rpm2cpio"
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 360#451839
post is made by shinobar .

Thought i had seen it also once as a post from GuestToo , but can not find it today somehow .
There is no bug, the script does not need modifying. It no longer uses rpm2cpio, uses exploderpm.

jemimah

#473 Post by jemimah »

BarryK wrote:Jemimah,
You posted a change for installpkg.sh a few pages back, to warn if a PET will overwrite system libs.

The thing is though, the petget mechanism does restore the system files when a package is uninstalled. That is, when there is an underlying SFS to restore from -- it doesn't work with a full hd installation.
Yes I have fixed it in saluki to only warn about uninstallation for a full install. Still, I think giving users a heads up when they overwrite files might save people a lot of headaches. That was pretty much the main real complaint on the "improve the pet format" thread.

jemimah

#474 Post by jemimah »

BarryK wrote:
Great! This and previous patch are now in Woof:
http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=02702
My users saw this and then wanted a cancel button. Sounds easy, but it's actually kind of a pain.

You can have a cancel button with a yad progressbar but it doesn't actually work unless you use the auto-kill option which kills the parent process. So I had to make a another script that runs the wget and yad part. I wanted to do this with a subshell or a function but neither of those worked.

Wget refuses to die when it's parent is killed. I guess there's a patch to fix that that could be applied. For this script I just try to find the wget without a parent and kill it.

--- download_file.orig	2012-02-20 11:21:45.881526558 -0500
+++ download_file	2012-02-20 11:19:44.300534918 -0500
@@ -11,6 +11,8 @@

#exit number: 0 ok, 1 unable to download, 2 download fail, 3 invalid url.

+
+
 export LANG=C #keep Xdialog happy.
 URLSPEC="$@"
 FILENAME="`basename "$@"`"
@@ -164,25 +166,28 @@
   fi
  fi

- echo -n "" > /tmp/download_file_spider.log2
- tail -f /tmp/download_file_spider.log2 | while read LINE; do
-      case $LINE in
-         *%*)LINE=${LINE##*..};echo ${LINE%%%*};;
-      esac
- done |Xdialog --title "File Download"  --gauge "Downloading ${URLSPEC}" 0 0&
- PID1=$!
- #-t 5 means retry 5 times, -w 5 means wait 5 seconds between retries...
- wget -4 ${CONTPARAM} -t 5 -w 5 "${URLSPEC}" > /tmp/download_file_spider.log2 2>&1
+HELPNAME=/tmp/downloader-helper$$
+echo "#!/bin/bash
+     wget -4 ${CONTPARAM} -t 5 -w 5 "${URLSPEC}" 2>&1  | while read LINE; do
+         case \$LINE in
+            *%*)LINE=\${LINE##*..};echo \${LINE%%%*};;
+         esac
+     done | yad --progress --title="File Download" --text="Downloading ${URLSPEC}" --percentage=0  --button=Cancel:-1 --auto-close --auto-kill " > $HELPNAME
+
+  chmod 755 $HELPNAME
+
+ $HELPNAME
  if [ $? -ne 0 ];then
+  XPID=`ps -ef |grep wget|grep " 1 " |awk '{print $2}'`
+  kill $XPID
   Xdialog --wmclass "gtkdialog2" --title "Puppy File Downloader" --screen-center --cr-wrap --ok-label "TRY AGAIN" --cancel-label "GIVE UP" --icon "/usr/local/lib/X11/pixmaps/error.xpm" --yesno "Download failed, see log top-left of screen.
 Do you want to try again, or give up?" 0 0
   REPLY1=$?
-  kill $PID1
   [ $REPLY1 -eq 0 ] && continue
   rm -f "$FILENAME"
+  rm -f "$HELPNAME"
   exit 2
  fi
- kill $PID1

#paranoid, check size of downloaded file...
  SIZEB_LOCAL=`stat --format=%s "${FILENAME}"`
@@ -193,6 +198,6 @@

break
 done
-
+rm -f "$HELPNAME"
 exit 0
 ###END###

jemimah

#475 Post by jemimah »

I found a bug in dependencies.sh. This fixes it so that dependencies with names in all caps like SDL are not omitted.

--- dependencies.sh.orig	2012-02-20 12:18:49.072292539 -0500
+++ dependencies.sh	2012-02-17 13:15:22.401843799 -0500
@@ -124,7 +125,7 @@
 rm -f /tmp/petget_missing_dbentries* 2>/dev/null
 #for depPATTERN in `cat /tmp/petget_missingpkgs_patterns` #ex depPATTERN=|kdelibs| ex2: |kdelibs&gt2.3.6|
 #111107 01micko: fix for '||' messing things up...
-for depPATTERN in `grep '[a-z]' /tmp/petget_missingpkgs_patterns` #ex depPATTERN=|kdelibs| ex2: |kdelibs&gt2.3.6|
+for depPATTERN in `grep '[a-zA-Z]' /tmp/petget_missingpkgs_patterns` #ex depPATTERN=|kdelibs| ex2: |kdelibs&gt2.3.6|
 do

#110722 separate out any versioning... (see also findmissingpkgs.sh)

BarryK
Puppy Master

#476 Post by BarryK »

jemimah wrote:I found a bug in dependencies.sh. This fixes it so that dependencies with names in all caps like SDL are not omitted.

--- dependencies.sh.orig	2012-02-20 12:18:49.072292539 -0500
+++ dependencies.sh	2012-02-17 13:15:22.401843799 -0500
@@ -124,7 +125,7 @@
 rm -f /tmp/petget_missing_dbentries* 2>/dev/null
 #for depPATTERN in `cat /tmp/petget_missingpkgs_patterns` #ex depPATTERN=|kdelibs| ex2: |kdelibs&gt2.3.6|
 #111107 01micko: fix for '||' messing things up...
-for depPATTERN in `grep '[a-z]' /tmp/petget_missingpkgs_patterns` #ex depPATTERN=|kdelibs| ex2: |kdelibs&gt2.3.6|
+for depPATTERN in `grep '[a-zA-Z]' /tmp/petget_missingpkgs_patterns` #ex depPATTERN=|kdelibs| ex2: |kdelibs&gt2.3.6|
 do

#110722 separate out any versioning... (see also findmissingpkgs.sh)
Thanks, I have put that into Woof.

npierce

Re: Various fixes for filemnt

#477 Post by npierce »

BarryK wrote:Thanks very much for this! Your fix is now in Woof:

http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=02701
Barry,

You're very welcome!

Thanks for taking the time to patch it manually. I'd meant to finish it up and post it before filemnt was internationalized, but I got side-tracked by other things.

jemimah

#478 Post by jemimah »

This is a fix to make sfsget scrollable - in case you have a lot of sfses.

diff -u sfsget.orig sfsget
--- sfsget.orig	2012-02-21 00:24:16.362955599 -0500
+++ sfsget	2012-02-18 22:22:42.059258851 -0500
@@ -122,9 +121,10 @@
  done
  export SFS_DIALOG="<window title=\"SFS Downloader: choose file\" icon-name=\"gtk-about\" window_position=\"1\">
  <vbox>
-  <text><label>Please choose an SFS file that you would like to download:</label></text>
-  <frame>
+  <frame Choose an SFS file to download:>
+    <vbox scrollable=\"true\" height-request=\"500\" width=\"400\" height=\"200\">
    ${SFSBUTTONS}
+    </vbox>
   </frame>
   <hbox>
    <button ok></button>
@@ -132,7 +132,7 @@
   </hbox>
  </vbox>
  </window>"
- RETPARAMS="`gtkdialog3 --program=SFS_DIALOG`"
+ RETPARAMS="`gtkdialog4 --program=SFS_DIALOG`"
  [ "`echo "$RETPARAMS" | grep '^EXIT' | grep 'OK'`" = "" ] && exit 1
  SFS_FILE="`echo "$RETPARAMS" | grep 'RADIO_URL_' | grep '"true"' | cut -f 1 -d '=' | cut -f 3-9 -d '_'`" #110813 bug fix.
 fi

BarryK
Puppy Master

#479 Post by BarryK »

jemimah wrote:This is a fix to make sfsget scrollable - in case you have a lot of sfses.

diff -u sfsget.orig sfsget
--- sfsget.orig	2012-02-21 00:24:16.362955599 -0500
+++ sfsget	2012-02-18 22:22:42.059258851 -0500
@@ -122,9 +121,10 @@
  done
  export SFS_DIALOG="<window title="SFS Downloader: choose file" icon-name="gtk-about" window_position="1">
  <vbox>
-  <text><label>Please choose an SFS file that you would like to download:</label></text>
-  <frame>
+  <frame Choose an SFS file to download:>
+    <vbox scrollable="true" height-request="500" width="400" height="200">
    ${SFSBUTTONS}
+    </vbox>
   </frame>
   <hbox>
    <button ok></button>
@@ -132,7 +132,7 @@
   </hbox>
  </vbox>
  </window>"
- RETPARAMS="`gtkdialog3 --program=SFS_DIALOG`"
+ RETPARAMS="`gtkdialog4 --program=SFS_DIALOG`"
  [ "`echo "$RETPARAMS" | grep '^EXIT' | grep 'OK'`" = "" ] && exit 1
  SFS_FILE="`echo "$RETPARAMS" | grep 'RADIO_URL_' | grep '"true"' | cut -f 1 -d '=' | cut -f 3-9 -d '_'`" #110813 bug fix.
 fi
Thanks for that, I have put it into Woof, will upload soon. It didn't make it into Wary/Racy 5.2.2.7 which are just released.

Guys, note that I am having to apply your patches manually, as most of the scripts in Woof are now internationalized.

It is easy to grab the latest script, just go to:

http://bkhome.org/fossil/woof2.cgi/timeline

...do an anonymous login, click on Files menu, find the script, click Download button.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#480 Post by BarryK »

For anyone who is interested, there is now a beta1 of the upcoming Racy 5.3 uploaded:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76182