New MeanPuppy 2.02 and matching Wine 0.9.18

News, happenings
jam

New Mean Puppy 2.10

#21 Post by jam »

John,

Are you planning to release a new version of "Very Mean" Puppy based on 2.10 ?
Jam

JohnMurga
Site Admin

Re: New Mean Puppy 2.10

#22 Post by JohnMurga »

jam wrote:John,

Are you planning to release a new version of "Very Mean" Puppy based on 2.10 ?
Yes, but not for a week or two.

I like to wait for bugs to surface so I can include the fixes ;-)

Cheers
JohnM

jam

Very Mean Release 2.10

#23 Post by jam »

John,

Don't blame you for waiting until the bugs are flushed out - no rush here, just curiosity and anticipation. In the meantime, hope you're enjoying your Euro adventure!

By the way, Wine 0.9.21 is out! :)
Jam

greengeek

#24 Post by greengeek »

John, I am trialling earlier / cutdown puppies for the purpose of burning onto a 50Mb business card CD and your Meanpup 2.02 Opera is really nice. However it is a couple of Mb over my 50Mb limit (no overburn facility..) and I wondered if you had any other versions that are similar but a tiny bit smaller?

It's getting hard to find some of thes older isos online, and of course the hosted isos only represent a fraction of the ones that each developer built on the way to the final release candidate.

(I intend to use the CD as a replacement for my DSL rescue CD, I carry the CD in my wallet and use it to copy data files from an HDD with dead operating system onto a usb stick. Barebones 2 is another one I am trialling and it seems to be working well enough for me to use, but then I noticed you had included opera and I thought that would be a "nice to have". Did you have any versions that had the games/abiword/media stuff removed, yet still kept the opera?)

cheers

greengeek

#25 Post by greengeek »

OK, the size is not an issue - I realise now that Pburn allows the overburn facility (wheras the Burniso2CD defaults to a strict 50Mb limit)

If anyone is interested I have started a topic comparing 50Mb puppies that can be used as a Rescue CD on a system that doesn't have the ability to boot from usb.

Meanpup is great for that.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=610112