Testing Puppy 2.02_Seamonkey

Using applications, configuring, problems
capoverde

Testing Puppy 2.02_Seamonkey

#1 Post by capoverde »

Hello,

I've downloaded Puppy 2.02 two days ago, it has self-upgraded from 2.01 without problems on two different machines.

Net, sound and printing OK as before, MUT is MUCH faster, the Puppy Universal Installer has correctly installed Puppy on a SD card which boots and works as a breeze.

I have "tuned in" about a dozen streaming radio stations, watched some stream-TVs and a DVD; with Audacity - downloaded separately - I have recorded as sound files some MIDIfiles being played by Timidity, converted them to various formats including OGG and MP3, and recorded and converted some .MOV files played by GXine.

Simply wonderful. Thanks, compliments and all my admiration Barry and all Contributors, keep up the good work and have fun as I'm having with your help.

Getnikar

My hard disk upgrade look flawless too

#2 Post by Getnikar »

I hack-installed :-) 2.00 Seamonkey edition onto a hard disk last month. I put initrd.gz, and vmlinuz into (/dev/hda1)/boot/puppyLinux, and installed grub to boot it, plus put pup200.sfs into /dev/hda2 where pup_save.3fs is.

Today I downloaded the 2.02 Seamonkey iso, and copied the new files into those places, rebooted, and voila 2.02 autoupdated the pup_save.3fs stuff as if came up. Brilliant stuff guys.

Beware, as written elsewhere, the autoupdate sits there awhile. On this 250Mb PC it was about 15 minutes. Dont panic though: its not hanging, just go have a cuppa and it all done when you return.

r__hughes

#3 Post by r__hughes »

pup201SM upgrade to 202SM on a NEC Versa SX notebook with W98SE (vfat) pup4dos frugal mount worked perfectly - all wifi settings, installed dotpups/pupgets & Xorg settings remained intact.

Pup202 has same acpi issues as 201 and the Beta-FTPD FTP server doesn't work in 202 (same as 201)

This is the most painless upgrade yet :)

/// Edit /// :( WAG seems to be broken. Trying to call it from the menu gives the familiar message :-
It seems WAG is not configured. Launching socket-test...
pressing OK seems to abort WAG. - see thread elsewhere.

It seems WAG can't find user information :( & dies trying to scan for wifi cards :(
Last edited by r__hughes on Thu 03 Aug 2006, 23:39, edited 1 time in total.

can8v

201 to 202 frugal upgrade

#4 Post by can8v »

Very very slow on that first boot, didn't think it was going to work for a while, but it finally came around, and worked flawlessly. It saved all of my WiFi, CUPS printing, and other misc. settings. Perfect.
Thanks,
-Jason

daw

#5 Post by daw »

As for others, upgrade from 201 to 202 went very smoothly. Only thing missing when done were some desktop icons I'd dragged in 201 from my-applications to the desktop. Folders, files, and icons were all intact and in proper places, the icons just weren't there.

Where/what is the file that stores such info?

Better and better eact versioin!

Thanks.