Mobile Partner PET

rameshiyer

Mobile Partner PET

#1 Post by rameshiyer »

I have Huawei 303C 3G Modem However, I was not able to install the Mobile Partner software (Linux) version embedded with 3G stick. Kindly provide the PET package installing in any Puppy Linux variant.

Aitch

#2 Post by Aitch »

Modern Puppy versions already have all that's needed to use 3G devices, but you need to know the ISPs/simcard phonenumber, APN IDcodes + password [possibly BSNL?]

then just run the internet connection wizard

menu/setup/internet connection wizard/internet by dialup, analog or wireless modem - enter the details and select stupid mode

Your modem should be recognised in lupu/slacko or modern versions of wary/racy or other puppies

see http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=62658

Aitch:)

rameshiyer

Mobile partner

#3 Post by rameshiyer »

I need Mobile Partner exclusively developed by the Huawei. With this Mobile partner, we can call and receive voice call and send sms etc from PC. It is working perfectly with Windows XP. Where as in Linux, I am not able to install it properly. May be dependency problem. I don't know. I am very much interested to install Huawei Mobile Partner meant for LInux. Please note that I can connect to Internet through Puppy Built in option. (i.e pgprs, dailup) etc. However, I was not able to Install Huawei Mobile Partner.

recobayu

#4 Post by recobayu »

ya rameshiyer, you can say that again! :D
my modem also huawei. when i install from the usb, it is going to be fail. in fact, i and maybe some people just want to use sms or call with that modem in linux. usually, i use my windows to send sms or just check the pulse then i use pgprs or pupdial to connect to the internet with my puplin. is it simple, isn't it? :wink:

Aitch

#5 Post by Aitch »

OK guys

I've located a linux version for you to test

http://tinyurl.com/87alxf5

I'm assuming ppm will install it by clicking on it....try it, please

AFAIK you may need to set it executable, if it won't auto-install, and will still need to add details of service provider etc

[I use mobile partner for an unlocked dongle myself in XP, but mine works fine in puppy, after entering details in pupdial]

Aitch :)

rameshiyer

Mobile partner

#6 Post by rameshiyer »

I always use Puppy for my work and browsing. I have been using the Puppy linux for years. I am getting internet through pup dailup and PGPRS setup. However, I would like to make voice call and sms, etc through Mobile Partner. Moreover, I can check the prepaid balance and check the data usage. Therefore, I will be very greateful to you all if you could arrange the Mobile Partner. Aitch, I will check present Mobile Partner and let you know the status.