Browser plugin to save bookmarks on separate partition

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
greengeek

#21 Post by greengeek »

canbyte wrote:... and since I already had a 511 disk, I ran it, loaded Seamonkey etc...
Just to clarify... the 511 I referred to was not the original 511 as released by Barry. I stumbled across a newer version of 511, which had been remastered by forum member Ttuuxxx to include different media players. (He has a history of grafting newer features into existing puppy releases, and I like the way he makes it work).

I can't find the forum entry that refers to it right at the moment...

pemasu

#22 Post by pemasu »

Don't think 'cloud' was mentioned on the pages I saw (briefly!) ????
Where do you think the xmarks will save your booksmarks when you install the plugin to the new comp and you are able to contact with xmarks to your stored booksmarks and you can get your somewhere stored booksmarks to your new comp. They absolutely have to be stored somewhere.

They are surely not stored to the air. Cloud is more probable place.

linuxbear

#23 Post by linuxbear »

canbyte wrote:
I'm confused by your reference to the cloud. Don't think 'cloud' was mentioned on the pages I saw (briefly!) ????
The "cloud" means that you are actually storing the data on a server connected to the internet as opposed to local storage on a hard drive. This gives one the ability to access those bookmarks from any machine which has an internet connection. If you are a bit worried about the service disappearing, you can keep a local backup in an HTML file by using a browser backup tool. The local file is also nice too because you can open it in a word processor and edit your bookmarks if you do not like the tools that come with your browser.

...Glen

greengeek

#24 Post by greengeek »

greengeek wrote:Just to clarify... the 511 I referred to was not the original 511 as released by Barry. I stumbled across a newer version of 511, which had been remastered by forum member Ttuuxxx to include different media players
Found the link to Ttuuxxxs version of 511:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=67137