Official slacko 5.3.1 - NO kernel 2.6.37.6 headers

Please post any bugs you have found
jaro

Official slacko 5.3.1 - NO kernel 2.6.37.6 headers

#1 Post by jaro »

Hi my problem is:

puppy linux "/lib/modules/2.6.37.6/build: No such file or directory. Stop."

I am using puppy from version 3 (!), every time I found a kernel headers (it was hard sometimes) but now I can find NO KERNEL HEAREDS for the ifficial ISO release - slacko 5.3.1. Please I do not want to use/build a different kernel than the official slacko 5.3.1 .

I would like to build my own kernel module, but I can not without kernel heareds. I found lot of ftp's in the forum providing some kernel headers. But a kernel version or puppy version differs.

Please help me to find the kernel headers for the official puppy linux slacko 5.3.1 (kernel 2.6.37.5) and put them on the official FTP server.

Thanks a lot,
Jan

charlie6

#2 Post by charlie6 »

Hi Jan,
got the same difficulties a few weeks ago ...
I could meanwhile compile a kernel module for slacko 5.3.1 ...
please read through this link
http://karellen.blogspot.com/2011/11/pc ... linux.html
Hope this helps
Cheers
Charlie

jaro

#3 Post by jaro »

Thanks Charlie.

arcanis

#4 Post by arcanis »

I wonder...could this be part of the reason developers have been building pups like crazy based on Lupu, but as of yet I haven't seen much in the way of Slacko puplets?
This has been bothering me for a little while, and I would like to know what others think...specific to the issue of kernel headers, that is, so the thread doesn't get derailed...

jaro

#5 Post by jaro »

I solved the problem so that I threw a whole solution based on Puppy 5.3.1 slacko and I used an older puppy 5.20 .

It was easier...
Jan