PeaZip 5.1.0

Miscellaneous tools
TheAsterisk!

PeaZip 5.1.0

#1 Post by TheAsterisk! »

PeaZip is an archive creation and extraction utility.
http://www.peazip.org/

Version 5.1.0 available

Packages for GTK2 and for QT4, as well as plugin packages for (1) UNACE and (2) additional formats, can be downloaded from my site.
Last edited by TheAsterisk! on Thu 10 Oct 2013, 01:08, edited 25 times in total.

TheAsterisk!

#2 Post by TheAsterisk! »

Updated from version 3.7 to version 3.9.

Version 3.9.1 will be up shortly, replacing 3.9 in the post above. Both will be available from my host for a short time, just in case anyone needs to finish their downloads.

Updated to version 3.9.1.

8-bit

#3 Post by 8-bit »

Wow, I thought my DSL modem broke!
peazip.org must be running a lot of downloads or just have a very slow connection.
My download speed never got over 16kbps.
My normal download speed is 161kbps.

TheAsterisk!

#4 Post by TheAsterisk! »

8-bit wrote:Wow, I thought my DSL modem broke!
peazip.org must be running a lot of downloads or just have a very slow connection.
My download speed never got over 16kbps.
My normal download speed is 161kbps.
I'm managing a little better, but not by much. Downloading the PDF manual topped out at about 33 KB per second transfered. (120 to 125 is more typical.) At least my host for the dot-pets seems to be running well enough.
Sometimes I don't notice things like that, being raised on dial-up at a stately 4 KB per second or so. :lol:

Anyway, if it becomes a lasting issue, I can always host the manual elsewhere.

giorgiotani

PeaZip 4.0

#5 Post by giorgiotani »

I'm glad to inform you that PeaZip 4.0 was released yesterday, you can find all downloads, change log, and information on http://www.peazip.org

TheAsterisk!

Re: PeaZip 4.0

#6 Post by TheAsterisk! »

giorgiotani wrote:I'm glad to inform you that PeaZip 4.0 was released yesterday, you can find all downloads, change log, and information on http://www.peazip.org
A bit late to the show, I realize, but I've made a package for 4.1, and am uploading it right now. I'll update the first post in five to ten minutes.

UPDATED to version 4.1
Last edited by TheAsterisk! on Thu 27 Oct 2011, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.

chrome307

#7 Post by chrome307 »

Thanks for the update :)

TheAsterisk!

#8 Post by TheAsterisk! »

UPDATED to version 4.2.

vovchik

#9 Post by vovchik »

Dear TheAsterisk!,

Thanks. Works fine in Lucid, too.

With kind regards,
vovchik

TheAsterisk!

#10 Post by TheAsterisk! »

UPDATED to version 4.3

vicmz

#11 Post by vicmz »

How can I set PeaZip as my default program for compressed files? Both for Slacko and Lucid

giorgiotani

#12 Post by giorgiotani »

I'm glad to announce that PeaZip 4.4 was released a few days ago.
Archive creation and extraction interfaces were made simpler and should display correctly with large fonts used in some distributions / versions.

Downloads, change log, and documentation on http://www.peazip.org
Packages are compiled for GTK2 (recommended) and Qt, both works on Gnome and KDE, the application is desktop neutral.
It is available a portable version, TAR.GZ, that does not need to be installed and does not modify the system.

Any help in improving existing localizations is very welcome, package for translators is http://peazip-translations.googlecode.c ... ations.zip

TheAsterisk!

#13 Post by TheAsterisk! »

Updated to version 4.4

vicmz wrote:How can I set PeaZip as my default program for compressed files? Both for Slacko and Lucid
You can right click on a compressed file from ROX, open the menu that says "File '[your file here]'", then click on "Set Run Action".

In the little text box that comes up, enter the following:

Code: Select all

peazip "$1"
You'll have to do it once for each file type, ie once for *.zip files, once for *.tar.gz files, etc, but from then on it should automatically open those types of files with PeaZip.

Let me know if you need anymore help!

Disco Makberto

#14 Post by Disco Makberto »

Dear TheAsterisk! and readers,

Greetings!

Since the release of Racy Puppy 5.2.2, I have been trying to install Peazip on it. I tried about half a dozen Peazip pets, but none of them worked. I thought this was a bug of Racy Puppy 5.2.2....but I am having second thoughts now. You see, today I tried Racy Puppy 5.2.90 (5.3 RC), and I still cannot install Peazip. I am including a png file of what gets reported on the console after installing peazip-4.4-gtk2.pet and trying to run Peazip.

If anybody can guide me on the right track so as to solve this problem, I would highly appreciate it. Obviously, I would prefer to have Peazip 4.4 as it is the latest version, but an older one is not out of the question.

Thank you kindly,

Carlos Albert
D-Mak
Attachments
Peazip 4.4 from console.png
Peazip doesn't run on Racy after installing the pet.
(73 KiB) Downloaded 1451 times

Disco Makberto

#15 Post by Disco Makberto »

Hi, again!

Today I tried the officially-released and completed "Racy Puppy 5.3", but the same behavior continues: PeaZip doesn't work.

Any advance on this matter, please?

Carlos Albert
D-Mak

TheAsterisk!

#16 Post by TheAsterisk! »

Disco Makberto wrote:Hi, again! Any advance on this matter, please?
I don't know off the top of my head what could cause that, but I'll take a look at it in a bit. I'll have to download Racy 5.3 first, though.

I'll post back here if I find anything.

pemasu

#17 Post by pemasu »

You can get the working Rox right clicks from my packaged peazip. I have created quite large format right click support already.

If there is anything useful...feel free to use it.

http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/pet_pack ... le-4.4.pet

Disco Makberto

#18 Post by Disco Makberto »

Hey, Pemasu!

Nice to cross paths with you again.

Unfortunately, your pet doesn't work on "Racy Puppy 5.3". I have tried many Peazip pets, and none of them works. Let me check....Okay, for instance, 3.7, 3.8, 3.9, 4.3....more than half a dozen in total.

Best,

Carlos Albert
D-Mak

TheAsterisk!

#19 Post by TheAsterisk! »

I couldn't get Racy 5.3 to boot on my tower, so I'll try that again on my laptop in a little bit.

I could get Wary 5.3 running, though, and it did produce a very similar error. I've attached the output as gzipped text below.

I honestly don't know what's going on. My package isn't special at all, but is just a manually organized and cut-down version of the portable Linux GTK binary available from PeaZip.org.

I haven't checked out Racy yet, but your best bet may be to ask for help in a Wary 5.3 or Racy 5.3 thread instead. (You could also ask the PeaZip developer; I know there's an e-mail address on this page on PeaZip's website.)

Sorry I can't be more help. I'll be back in a bit, after I try to test Racy 5.3.

EDIT: Same or similar error on Racy 5.3. Text for this output also gzipped and attached below.

It looks like some sort of GTK error, but I really don't know enough to speculate further. Sorry. Like I said above, I'd ask for help in a Racy or Wary thread.
Attachments
r53-peazip-output.txt.gz
Click to extract text.
(452 Bytes) Downloaded 820 times
w53-peazip-output.txt.gz
Click to extract text.
(451 Bytes) Downloaded 841 times

giorgiotani

PeaZip 4.5

#20 Post by giorgiotani »

Hi, I would like to inform you that PeaZip 4.5 was released yesterday on peazip.org