Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 27 Nov 2014, 20:31
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Fatdog64-521 (October 12, 2011)
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 11 of 11 [162 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11
DC

PostPosted: Wed 04 Apr 2012, 03:25    Post subject: DVB  

Quote:
VLC replacing Xine

a polite request that DVB is enabled in VLC build/configuration

thanks

DC

gcmartin

PostPosted: Sat 07 Apr 2012, 14:16    Post subject:  

Kirk wrote:
I'm working on Fatdog64-600 right now. Rebuilt all the base packages with T2. Some of the changes will be VLC replacing Xine, Wpa_gui replacing Frisbee, maybe VLMC replacing Kino. The latest kernel, Xorg, Mesa, Firefox, Flashplayer. I'll try to remember to check out cdrecord, it seems like that was replaced by another project.
Right now just trying to kill bugs.
Hi Kirk

Please to hear that there is an upcoming release.

Would you pLEASE insure that FirstRUN (Shinobar's version) is either a first stop on desktop at boot, or an option on the Menu (traditionally at Menu>Setup>Personalize Settings) so that we users can exercise localization needs in a single screen that works. His tools is over 2 years old in the community, is stable, and he is very responsive to developer needs.

Also, the latest SAMBA which talks to ALL LAN devices which talks to Microsoft-Apple is V3.6.3. TaZoC provided a working model for inclusion in 64bit Puppies. Should it be included, you provide all of us an OOTB solution where no software need be installed when booting Live media. I will update the FATDOG SAMBA User's Guide accordingly.

Thanks in advance, if you choose to allow us users that.

TekVahana

PostPosted: Thu 12 Apr 2012, 17:45    Post subject: FatDog Wikis
Subject description: More wiki goodness for Fatdog fans

I have been messing around with flat file wikis with a mind to include one in a custom pup someday, and had a lot of fun with roWiki because it has a lot of wiki wallop for a package that is 4.5k.

I created a little Fatdog wiki, which is nice for a personal wiki for users on a Fatdog boot, but insecure on the web. So I started a re-do in a LionWiki install for a little more security from bots and bozos with a password (PuppyLinux) because I love Fatdog and wanted to do something for all the souls that made it happen to say thanks! every day without being a pest.

The FatDogWiki has a few different skins and your mileage will vary a little there, but for folks needing different color contrasts for easier visibility it could be a cool feature. I need to add the Fatdog logo on those template pages & other odds and ends, but every pup is invited to come snuffle around all they want.

So far 99 and 44/100% of the content for both wikis is essential copypasta from file:///usr/share/doc/home.htm and file:///usr/share/doc/faqs/faq.html from the fd64 boot along with pages from the faq at ibiblio.org, which makes for a pretty terrific cornerstone, IMHO, and, while there's still some housekeeping to do, it is becoming increasingly useable. In the default (and 'red') skins there is a 'menu' panel that pops out on the right when you mouse over to the right edge of the screen while the others usually have the controls at the bottom. Hitting the 'Erase cookies' link takes you back to the default theme.

The old ro wiki (Spot's FatDog Wiki) is still there for sandboxing and whatever uses Puppians can find for it. (The trick to creating a new page there is to edit a page, adding your WikiWord, saving, and clicking on the new link you just made). Download a preliminary copy for your Fatdog local host! (113k unzips to 504k). I hope to trim some fat from it by copying current copy for each page into a fresh copy of ro to dump the old save files from each page revision off the newer version.

I hope this can be helpful, or even useful, in some small way for FatDogUsers and FatDogFans everywhere!
Saturn

PostPosted: Tue 17 Apr 2012, 12:48    Post subject: General bug for fat dog 521(non critical)
Subject description: Amazon streaming videos do not work

Hi I would like to kindly direct kirk's or anyone that's involved attention to this thread I have created:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=620755#620755

Thanks!
elroy

PostPosted: Wed 18 Apr 2012, 19:47    Post subject: Lazarus-64  

If you need a 64-bit build of Lazarus/FPC, let me know via pm. I am removing the current 64-bit Lazarus SFS from the Saluki repository.
jamesbond

PostPosted: Sat 21 Apr 2012, 06:30    Post subject:  

Hans, you should be glad to know that your patch has made it and in the next release of Fatdog, lxpanel will show window outline on all pagers.

Thank you for your patch.

cheers!

Hans

PostPosted: Sun 22 Apr 2012, 17:58    Post subject:  

You are more than welcome, jamesbond! It is nice to know to have been able to contribute to the good cause.

cheers to you to!
lakedude

PostPosted: Tue 01 May 2012, 18:54    Post subject:  

A polite request for a few features next go round...

1) Right click unmount all does not work, instead of unmounting all mounted partitions all it calls up Pmount.

2) Inclusion of a right click "xkill" feature to kill any malfunctioning program in the GUI. Works great on browser hangups. 32-bit Puppy had this feature, it was very handy.

3) For my friend BikerMatt who runs server chips with many core CPUS, a higher limit on the number of supported cores. Does it hurt anything to to make this number bigger? He has one machine with 32 cores...

Thanks for all your hard work. FD64 rulz!
jamesbond

PostPosted: Wed 02 May 2012, 00:39    Post subject:  

lakedude wrote:
A polite request for a few features next go round...

1) Right click unmount all does not work, instead of unmounting all mounted partitions all it calls up Pmount.
The "unmount all" is gone in the next Fatdog. I will see whether I can implement the same "x" right-click unmount featured in recent puppies (no promises).

Quote:
2) Inclusion of a right click "xkill" feature to kill any malfunctioning program in the GUI. Works great on browser hangups. 32-bit Puppy had this feature, it was very handy.
xkill is already there, perhaps we just need to include this in the menu.

Quote:
3) For my friend BikerMatt who runs server chips with many core CPUS, a higher limit on the number of supported cores. Does it hurt anything to to make this number bigger? He has one machine with 32 cores...
kirk compiles the kernel, so I'll leave this one up to him.

Quote:
Thanks for all your hard work. FD64 rulz!
Thank you for your vote of confidence Smile
Jim1911

PostPosted: Mon 14 May 2012, 16:14    Post subject: Update on new Fatdog64  

Looking forward to your new update, can we expect to see an alpha version soon?

Thanks,
Jim
jamesbond

PostPosted: Tue 15 May 2012, 09:25    Post subject:  

Thanks Jim for your support.
We'll get a public release Real-Soon-Now (tm) Very Happy

By the way, this:
Quote:
is a JWM feature. Fatdog has JWM, it's just that it is not well tested because we don't use it. You can switch to JWM by right-clicking Rox desktop and choose "Switch to JWM" under "Shutdown" menu.
kirk

PostPosted: Thu 17 May 2012, 21:25    Post subject:  

Quote:

Fatdog64-600alpha is configured for 16 cpus. We'll be going to the latest 3.3.x for final. I can change that to 32. There is a small memory price to pay so I don't think I'll go any more than that.
Page 11 of 11 [162 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: