How to get midori 0.4.4 on lucid?

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
XBlackChaosX

How to get midori 0.4.4 on lucid?

#1 Post by XBlackChaosX »

I'm interested in midori 0.4.4 for lucid but i don't know how to install it for lucid. I checked PPM but they have an old version (0.2.4). How can i also get new versions of apps since alot of the apps in PPM are old and outdated. (Still learning how to mess with puppy liinux)

XBlackChaosX

#2 Post by XBlackChaosX »

Anyone?

Eyes-Only

#3 Post by Eyes-Only »

If you check the 2nd page of this section jemimah has Midori 0.4.3 available as a .pet file ( sometimes you just have to dig a bit deeper than page 1 ;) ). Now whether or not that'll work on Lucid I haven't a clue - and I apologise for that. Seems so it's supposed to do so. However, I seem to recall trying it on my Lucid-Pup-528-004 and it refused to boot despite all the dependencies being met. At the same time though I'm using a nearly 10 year old machine held together with duct tape and serious prayer. LOL! ( Seriously... the motherboard is going on this and I've had to work around several faults until I can either afford a new one or kick the bucket, probably the latter happening first. :? )

Good luck and I hope that in some small way this has helped?

Amicalement/Cheers,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge d'Acadie"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

aarf

#4 Post by aarf »

vaguely recall some problems with midori in lucid. perhaps thats why it is an older pet. difficult to get it going. people have other things to do, other browsers to choose and use, if you want to use midori, saluki19 has Midori 0.4.3 pre-installed ready to go. perhaps you could interest jemimah to goto your Midori 0.4.4 in saluki20+?? if she does it for you know it will work.

Eyes-Only

#5 Post by Eyes-Only »

- deleted -
*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*

XBlackChaosX

#6 Post by XBlackChaosX »

Eyes-Only wrote:If you check the 2nd page of this section jemimah has Midori 0.4.3 available as a .pet file ( sometimes you just have to dig a bit deeper than page 1 ;) ). Now whether or not that'll work on Lucid I haven't a clue - and I apologise for that. Seems so it's supposed to do so. However, I seem to recall trying it on my Lucid-Pup-528-004 and it refused to boot despite all the dependencies being met. At the same time though I'm using a nearly 10 year old machine held together with duct tape and serious prayer. LOL! ( Seriously... the motherboard is going on this and I've had to work around several faults until I can either afford a new one or kick the bucket, probably the latter happening first. :? )

Good luck and I hope that in some small way this has helped?

Amicalement/Cheers,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge d'Acadie"
I too have tried that version and it doesn't work for 528.005.

Eyes-Only

#7 Post by Eyes-Only »

Thank you very much XBlackChaosX for the update/for letting us know this!

Of course, on the otherhand - neither does this help you unfortunately. :( Nor anybody else who would like to run a higher version of Midori upon Lucid-Pup.

Too bad really as I like Midori as well and would like to be able to use a far more updated ( if not the most-recently updated ) version of Midori that the current 0.2.4 that I've managed to get running on Lucid-Pup. -SIGH-

Anyone else have any ideas for XBlackChaosX and others who'd like to run an updated Midori?

Keep us posted XBCX, okie?

Cheers/Amicalement,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*

aarf

#8 Post by aarf »

Jemimah has just posted new pets for the latest midori. info in the saluki thread www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=622245#622245
Perhaps they will work in lucid.

XBlackChaosX

#9 Post by XBlackChaosX »

Eyes-Only wrote: Keep us posted XBCX, okie?
Will let you guys know if i get 0.4.4 or higher running in lucid pup 5.2.8.005.

aarf wrote:Jemimah has just posted new pets for the latest midori. info in the saluki thread www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=622245#622245
Perhaps they will work in lucid.
Will check out, thanks.

Eyes-Only

#10 Post by Eyes-Only »

Thanks XBCX! :) I'm actually curious to see your results as I, too, really am very fond of Midori. I just wished it weren't so ruddy difficult to get going on Lucid-Pup ( or any of the Pups that I can run on this dinosaur... and no, I can't run Saluki on this ) as I'd love to use it as my default myself. It's an excellent lite-weight browser IMHO that has been able to go toe-to-toe with all the first rate browsers out there - and never suffer a nosebleed. That's impressive!

Well... at least on MY machine anyway. As the ol' saying goes, "YMMV".

Again, thanks for saying that you'd keep us posted with your results - good OR bad. I sincerely hope you will kind Puppian friend.

Cheers/Amicalement,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*