Openshot 1.4.3 Video Editor

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
Announcer

Openshot 1.4.3 Video Editor

#1 Post by Announcer »

Comes with dependencies. Includes the Python-2.6-plus package from the Package Manager.

Tested on Slacko 5.3.3.

Pet package

Sfs file

Md5sum
Last edited by Announcer on Sun 25 Nov 2012, 07:27, edited 2 times in total.

sotris99

#2 Post by sotris99 »

links do not work...

Announcer

#3 Post by Announcer »

Sorry, recently changed web hosting providers, lost a lot of files, including this one.

Maybe somebody out there still has a copy of this they can re-upload?

papos

#4 Post by papos »

just tested with slacko final http://01micko.com/slacko.html
seems to work not well bug and crash with multiple files
Your download link for announcer openshot-1.4.0-s.sfs
http://www.datafilehost.com/download-ab69af4e.html
best regards

mini-jaguar

#5 Post by mini-jaguar »

It does have a bug.

Try this: split a video into several clips, then add an effect to one of the clips. The effect gets applied to several or all of the clips.

It's not supposed to do this, I've tried older versions of Openshot in Lucid (the .pet in this thread is the only Slacko version) and it doesn't do this.

Not the worst thing ever because you can still edit the effects in the individual clips, but it can be annoying if you have lots of clips.

But it is not necessarily a compilation error, the bug could be in the source code.[/i]

Announcer

#6 Post by Announcer »

New version, updated first post.

mini-jaguar

#7 Post by mini-jaguar »

Wow, that was fast. And latest version too.

I tested this: took a video clip, cut it up, added transitions, effects, different sound file, saved the project, loaded the project. Also exported the project as a video file. All this works fine.

The video and audio files for the project have to be in the same partition as Slacko, or it'll have trouble. I'm using a full installation though, I don't know about frugal.

Thanks a lot for this great .pet!

mini-jaguar

#8 Post by mini-jaguar »

Now that I've used it longer, I am not satisfied with it at all. It crashes a lot. And I'm not sure all the transitions are rendering correctly.

But it does seem better than previous versions of Openshot in some ways. When I open windows they don't remain "printed" (after closing) to the viewing window as much as in earlier versions. It's still just a buggy program, probably coming from the source code.

Announcer

#9 Post by Announcer »

mini-jaguar wrote:It's still just a buggy program, probably coming from the source code.
Probably?

You think?

Linux video editing software totally sucks balls.

mini-jaguar

#10 Post by mini-jaguar »

I tried the Saluki version of this and it seems to not be that different either, neither are the Lucid versions. They all seem to leave some artifacts from previously opened windows in the video preview part. The Saluki version didn't crash like the others, but it blocked the program AND o.s. completely. The cursor could be moved around but it was impossible to do anything, impossible to even get into text mode with the keys.

On the other hand, when previewing with effects it seems to slow down so much that I get to think that my computer is not powerful enough for this program.

Dookus
Location: now living in wonderful Stanmore, inner western suburb of Sydney Australia, where the sun shines nic

Sorta what I want

#11 Post by Dookus »

Thanks everyone

Truly just need something that is reliable, can cut out adds (Multitrim as one commercial program's vendor calls it) and repair faults in the video stream, (Stream Fix as the same commercial program vendor calls it) free to air broadcasts captured nearly always have problems, (of course I'm capturing programs that are "Not Copyrighted" ... what sort of criminal mastermind do you take me for?!) :lol:

Pelo

openshot-1.4.2.sfs: 50 M

#12 Post by Pelo »

openshot-1.4.2.sfs: 50 M
Result is not so bad with Slacko 5.5. I am looking further and deeper
Usefull for adding several videos (four to only one).

Openshot 1.4.2 (sfs) opens in Precise 5.7.1. Reads MPEG.
I'll come back.
Attachments
proches.jpg
First Avidemux then Openshot
(81.96 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
Last edited by Pelo on Mon 18 Sep 2017, 20:59, edited 5 times in total.

papos

#13 Post by papos »

a version in test of openshoot 1.4.3 for slacko 5.5 with devx_slacko_5.5.sfs
http://download.tuxfamily.org/diabolo/

Pelo

Openshot : how to add (stick) more then 2 movies ?

#14 Post by Pelo »

I had 4 AVIs to stick together. I was obliged first to stick AVI 1 with Avi 2.
Then avi 3 with 4.

And at the end, stick the two movies. Something I miss ? Quelque chose que je n'aurais pas compris ?

sketchman

#15 Post by sketchman »

OP links are borked again.
"In a world that exists without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?"

Pelo

Look inside the package (SFS) openshot 1.4.2

#16 Post by Pelo »

Installing openshot in only the first step. Untill now i just succeed in viewing one video, not editing anything. further help about editing is welcome. Tutos show Openshot working well, not to make it work well.

Trim the fat

Pelo

To be used with thin slacko 5.3.3

#17 Post by Pelo »

thin slacko 5.3.3 is the distro to run openshot
feedback 2016 rufwoof, england
and i agree.
Applications are like washing machines.
Once delivered and switched on, our puppy's agent consider their job is finished.
Openshot works well only with a few puppies.
(cinelerra never does its Job, Kdenlive only take mkv extension in count)
Avidemux is fine, but it's not the same function as openshot.

Pelo

Puppybang has Openshot 1.4.3 Video Editor included

#18 Post by Pelo »

Openshot 1.4.3 Video Editor included in tahrpup Puppybang. Click the blue, nothing to do. Just edit your videos.
Tahrpup 6.0.2
Fatdog 64 has openshot available in packages (Flowblade too) . Does it work.. I feed back soon.

mikeslr

Further discussion about Openshot under Slacko

#19 Post by mikeslr »

Further discussion about Openshot under various Slackos: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 777#971777

mikeslr

Openshot 1.4.3 for BionicPup64

#20 Post by mikeslr »

Hi All,

Following Mike Walsh's recipe here, http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 73#1005173 I used PaDS 1.1.4 to put together an SFS which appears to run fine under BionicPup64. Figure I'd save anyone interested in Openshot for BionicPup64 the trouble of duplicating the effort.

Credit should go to Mike Walsh for discovering that Ubuntu still supported 1.4.3 and what was necessary to get it functional under BionicPup64; and to ITSMERSH for creating PaDS which makes it easy to build applications requiring many source files.

The SFS and md5sum can be obtained here: http://www.mediafire.com/?13c9khbba4s0q