Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 24 Oct 2014, 23:40
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
USB key upgrade not working
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
nduanetesh
Ultra Super-stud

PostPosted: Sat 14 May 2005, 01:32    Post_subject:  USB key upgrade not working  

When trying to upgrade my USB key from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2RC, the script would make it up to step four, when it would exit with:

mount: Mount /dev/sda1 on /mnt/flash failed: No such device.

Then it gave me "something is wrong, press Enter to exit". Now, I know /dev/sda1 is correct because it's the only usb key partition the script showed in step 3. And I know that /mnt/flash is there because I checked it in Rox. I even renamed /mnt/flash and created a new /mnt/flash, but that didn't help either. Anybody have any ideas about what's going on? Anybody else get the same error?

So, I did a manual upgrade and puppy fired up and ran beautifully...for a while. Just tonight, though, when I booted up the key, I got a series of USB related error messages (which went by too fast to write down), and then X started, but with no menus and nothing in the task bar. I switched around between window managers, and each of them would start OK, but none had menus or anything in the task bar. So, I booted into Windows and deleted the pup100 file, and puppy rebooted perfectly. So, I'm pretty sure my pup100 file became corrupted somehow...but I have no idea how, because I didn't have any crashes or improper unplugs or anything...

any thoughts?

ND
BarryK
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Sat 14 May 2005, 04:17    Post_subject:  

There was another post recently about that.
Yes, install-usb.sh script is currently broken, as 2.6 kernel doesn't support umsdos. Tonight I will modify the script, remove all reliance on umsdos.
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum