Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 30 Jul 2014, 13:15
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.4.12 with 3.4.2 kernel.
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 16 of 89 [1330 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, ..., 87, 88, 89 Next
pemasu

PostPosted: Tue 10 Apr 2012, 13:04    Post subject:  

Thank you shinobar. I have updated to the latest pupsaveconfig...I have the latest rc.sysinit with /tmp purge and I believe I have fixed the full install mouse freezing. The problem really was the missing symlink. I did slight edit to the rc.sysinit and the symlink should be now persistent.

I will create the updated 5.X.3.2.14.1 now....I will upload it when I have tested the full install.

mount without filesystem definition still eludes my attempts. Just updating mount-FULL and ntfs-3g binaries didnt resolve the problem. I will let it be atm...
The possible fix wont be in next update.
don570

PostPosted: Tue 10 Apr 2012, 15:44    Post subject:  

I did a minor upgrade of puppy clock.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=591537
Pmusic needs to be recent to avoid a looping problem.

Could you put puppy clock on the start menu of exprimo's
Enlightenment WM

PostPosted: Tue 10 Apr 2012, 16:07    Post subject:  

I have slight problem now. I was creating the next release with those above mentioned updates and fixes....I got the main sfs woofed and I was under the devx sfs creation....when my 1 Tb usb hdd decided to end our relationship. I get the click....click....click... sound at same interval from it. I cant get it recognized anymore. And it was yesterday that I copied temporarily my main linux partition into it. To give room for my full install experiments. Basically it contained all my work....

It sounds like reading head has broken.

Now I have full install of Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.2.14 and....quite a lot of stuff on my old data partition in laptop hdd. And my backups I made on January to the other usb hdd. So...I havent lost all....but all recent work is in that dead usb hdd.

So....it might take some time before I am back....
ciento

PostPosted: Tue 10 Apr 2012, 16:58    Post subject:  

Sorry to hear of this loss to your system. One always expects expensive devices will last. Last year, after hearing one-too-many horror stories
of very new drives failing, I decided all the data I can't replace, goes on three drives, plus physical media stored off-site.

Fire, theft, flood, lightning, earthquake, there are so many evils to
guard against. Hope your synapses inspire even greater code in
the aftermath!
don570

PostPosted: Tue 10 Apr 2012, 17:05    Post subject:  

Ironically I just complained to Zigbert
about his Pmirror program. Crying or Very sad

If it worked better people would use it more often.

PostPosted: Tue 10 Apr 2012, 17:19    Post subject:  

pemasu, at least you have a fair collection of stuff on my web site you should be able to recover.

It takes a lot to keep a good man down, and you surely are one of those.

Cheers

pemasu

PostPosted: Tue 10 Apr 2012, 18:25    Post subject:  

Yes. I have all the stuff easily gathered together...from smokey01.com...from my backups....using gnewpet and with databasefiles and from my builds... I get the lost ones back. It just take some time. I have another linux dedicated usb hdd which I used for Saluki. It has also my January woof platforms for Exprimo as backups.

All my personal data is safe...I have learnt to keep my important personal data in safe.

But I did lose my development stuff and it takes some time to put them back...

Well...I removed the full install and now I have empty 40 Gb partition in my hdd also for linux. So I can start from scratch to gather together what I need.

And thank you of sympathy..empathy and support.
peebee

PostPosted: Wed 11 Apr 2012, 04:01    Post subject: Broadcom STA wl driver pet for Exprimo 5.X.3.2.14  

[EDIT] 040612 - attachment deleted - now superceded by All-In-One multi-kernel pet available here [/EDIT]

Here is the Broadcom WL driver compiled for k3.2.14 for anybody who wants to try it on Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.2.14

This is compiled from the latest Broadcom sources with just the necessary k3.2 patches and creates an eth% device.

Background here

Cheers
peebee

Last edited by peebee on Mon 04 Jun 2012, 07:29; edited 1 time in total
jim3630

PostPosted: Wed 11 Apr 2012, 15:40    Post subject:  

pemasu

sorry to hear of your loss. installed last upload of 5x3.2.14 on dual p6100 hp laptop frugal to ext4 hdd,

logitech mouse auto-detected as well as my broadcom bcm 4313 driver on wan0. all works so far. thanks
James C

PostPosted: Wed 11 Apr 2012, 18:49    Post subject:  

pemasu wrote:
I have slight problem now. I was creating the next release with those above mentioned updates and fixes....I got the main sfs woofed and I was under the devx sfs creation....when my 1 Tb usb hdd decided to end our relationship. I get the click....click....click... sound at same interval from it. I cant get it recognized anymore. And it was yesterday that I copied temporarily my main linux partition into it. To give room for my full install experiments. Basically it contained all my work....

It sounds like reading head has broken.

I feel your pain.....

The most common piece of hardware I've had to fail is the hard drive......got a nice ,neat stack of defective hdd's here.Just purchased a new internal hdd about a month ago, installed it and...... click,click,click.... Laughing
jim3630

PostPosted: Wed 11 Apr 2012, 21:49    Post subject:  

still on my first external hdd. being fairly new to it's usage the salesman told me don't leave it plugged
into the laptop will extend it life. so this one is only plugged maybe once every 3 weeks.
hoping not to hear that clicking for some years. will let you know how it goes.
shinobar

PostPosted: Thu 12 Apr 2012, 07:43    Post subject: Nvidia drivers in SFS  

UPDATE: nvidia-glx-sdl-295.33-1.sfs works on Dpup Exprimo with kernel 2.6.39, 3.1.10-dpup, 3.2.11-dpup or 3.2.14-dpup
http://shino.pos.to/party/bridge.cgi?puppy/opt/
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=72405

playdayz

PostPosted: Thu 12 Apr 2012, 10:43    Post subject:  

Pemasu, My condolences on the crash. Do you have a Stellarium pet or sfs by any chance. We do have one for Lucid and it has been tested and works for me, but it is crashing on one person who would like to use it. It is a nasty complicated business with Qt but I thought that if anyone had it working it would be you. Thanks.
pemasu

PostPosted: Thu 12 Apr 2012, 12:05    Post subject:  

Playdayz. I didnt have. But you did flatter me and I couldnt resist. You should be psychiatric...lol.

I did download the source and I compiled the latest one. I did use the dpup Qt-4.8.0 and the version which I used was http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/QT-4.8.0-dpup/libs/qt-4.8.0-webkit-phonon-gstreamer-opengl-dpup.pet
I didnt test if it would have compiled with more stripped Qt4 libs. Maybe. But I remembered that Stellarium needs opengl...so I did choose the most extended-opengl supported version of my compiles.

Then I loaded xorg-high and I had to rerun xorgwizard to get opengl loaded.

It seemed to work.
Download link for Stellarium-0.11.2, splitted as main and NLS pets: http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/QT-4.8.0-dpup/apps/

And straight link to the main pet: http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/QT-4.8.0-dpup/apps/stellarium-0.11.2.pet

And you need supporting Qt4 libs for it to work. I recommend my compiled...it has worked really well.
jim3630

PostPosted: Thu 12 Apr 2012, 13:54    Post subject:  

pemasu wrote:

It seemed to work.
Download link for Stellarium-0.11.2, splitted as main and NLS pets: http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/QT-4.8.0-dpup/apps/

And straight link to the main pet: http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/QT-4.8.0-dpup/apps/stellarium-0.11.2.pet

And you need supporting Qt4 libs for it to work. I recommend my compiled...it has worked really well.

Playdayz. I didnt have. But you did flatter me and I couldnt resist. You should be psychiatric...lol.

I did download the source and I compiled the latest one. I did use the dpup Qt-4.8.0 and the version which I used was http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/QT-4.8.0-dpup/libs/qt-4.8.0-webkit-phonon-gstreamer-opengl-dpup.pet

pemasu

installed above pet with qt480basicwithqtwebkit-dpup.pet on Lupuplus OS
got this error

sh-4.1# stellarium
stellarium: error while loading shared libraries: libQtOpenGL.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
sh-4.1#

sure it is a quick fix for you. or should have used other qt pet?
Page 16 of 89 [1330 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, ..., 87, 88, 89 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: