Saluki

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
jemimah

#2501 Post by jemimah »

DaveS wrote:Still using full install of 17 mostly. Will upgrade this when final is released, in the meantime, how can I add the boot splash screen like 18?
You have to upgrade to get the splash screen.

jemimah

#2502 Post by jemimah »

jim3630 wrote:any chance of Stellarium pet?

pemasu has done recent one. is that usable in Saluki?
thanks

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 372#619372
There is a stellarium sfs in the repo.

einar

network sharing

#2503 Post by einar »

is there a way to automount network shares ? i have installed samba and can conect to my windows 7 share. It would be nice to have it automounted on boot... ?

and i realy liked the new conky themes :) I also downloaded a conkyforecast-2.20.pet ... how can i make it start ?

and has anyone sucseeded making ati drivers yet ? heard there where troubles and silent after

Regards Einar Eide

mill0001

#2504 Post by mill0001 »

@shinobar
Will the nvidia .sf you made work with earlier kernels like
2.6.37.6?

@einar
Is conkyforecast a weather forecast for conky. If so can you post where you got it from?

Thanks mucho. Lee

einar

#2505 Post by einar »

mill0001 wrote:@shinobar
2.6.37.6?

@einar
Is conkyforecast a weather forecast for conky. If so can you post where you got it from?

Thanks mucho. Lee
i have not started it yet. no idea where to begin. but it was in the repo and packet manager

jim3630

Re: network sharing

#2506 Post by jim3630 »

einar wrote:is there a way to automount network shares ? i have installed samba and can conect to my windows 7 share. It would be nice to have it automounted on boot... ?

and i realy liked the new conky themes :) I also downloaded a conkyforecast-2.20.pet ... how can i make it start ?

and has anyone sucseeded making ati drivers yet ? heard there where troubles and silent after

Regards Einar Eide
einar

open file manager, select show hidden files, choose .conky, choose the theme of your choice, not all of the themes support forecast but the ones that do have a txt page with info on how to start it.

and the themes only show up after you have tried them out in the conky switcher.

jim3630

#2507 Post by jim3630 »

jemimah wrote:
jim3630 wrote:any chance of Stellarium pet?

pemasu has done recent one. is that usable in Saluki?
thanks

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 372#619372
There is a stellarium sfs in the repo.
jemimah thanks.

jemimah

#2508 Post by jemimah »

einar wrote:
mill0001 wrote:@shinobar
2.6.37.6?

@einar

Thanks mucho. Lee
i have not started it yet. no idea where to begin. but it was in the repo and packet manager
I haven't gotten it to work yet either. I put it up in case anyone wants to play with it.

jemimah

#2509 Post by jemimah »

I've uploaded a bunch of new icon themes to the repo.
Screenshots here: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 954#618954

I've also added a bunch of gtk themes but some of the colors won't render correctly until saluki-019.

einar

Re: network sharing

#2510 Post by einar »

jim3630 wrote:
einar wrote:is there a way to automount network shares ? i have installed samba and can conect to my windows 7 share. It would be nice to have it automounted on boot... ?

Regards Einar Eide

open file manager, select show hidden files, choose .conky, choose the theme of your choice, not all of the themes support forecast but the ones that do have a txt page with info on how to start it.

and the themes only show up after you have tried them out in the conky switcher.

Thanks Jim, i will try this after i have played with custom builder 9

einar

custom builder 9

#2511 Post by einar »

hi Jemimah

I have been playing with the new custom builder 9 and have som points :) first of i have now made my first success full build. I am very happy :)

The only problem i have is when i choose boot straight to desktop it goes black when x should start. i can ctrl alt backspace and choose xorgwizard / probe and then vesa but nothing works. Only when I choose in custom builder that i shal boot to console mode it works.

I have tested the slash screen program and made my own. In ms paint haha :) and i resized it to 640*480 worked out ok :)

i see that the default chooser now works good :) i like custom builder 9. Going to make my self another build now

Geoffrey

#2512 Post by Geoffrey »

I've tried the conky themes, I'm running cairo-dock and compiz and when running conky if I click anywhere on the desktop the widget disappears,
restarting x starts it again, but then it vanishes again clicking anywhere on the desktop, not that I will be using conky, but I thought I'd mention it.

Zaven

Citrix on Saluki

#2513 Post by Zaven »

Thank you all for your hard work.
Citrix ICA working well.

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 780#619780

[img]
[/img]

Pete22

Working with wine

#2514 Post by Pete22 »

On Saluki 18 I could not get wine 1.4 to install correctly.
I would only get a Wine program installer listed in the menu,
Wine would not open, nor work.

Checking the terminal it said there was some sort of mixmatch.

So I took a leap and upgraded to 1.5 wine. Works like a dream.

Just thought you would like to know.

I'm getting excited for 19!!!

Pete

shinobar

sfs_load-1.9.2

#2515 Post by shinobar »

Small fix and change of sfs_load.
#13 Apr 2012 v1.9.2: fix was missing mountedpart, skip fixmenus for 'start', on RAM with remastered, saluki stuff
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=64354
Downloads for Puppy Linux [url]http://shino.pos.to/linux/downloads.html[/url]

shinobar

Firstrun-2.1

#2516 Post by shinobar »

Minor update:
# 14apr12: v2.1: Need not restart X for time zone changed, fix video driver detection(jemimah), splash only for firstrun
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 843#619843
Downloads for Puppy Linux [url]http://shino.pos.to/linux/downloads.html[/url]

scabz

#2517 Post by scabz »

A quick question what is the differences between printer-scanner-core.pet, printer-scanner-001.sfs and printer-scanner-driver.sfs ?

pemasu

#2518 Post by pemasu »

Bluelua. I managed to get battery percent shown in ring as rising-descending blue ring....but how to get the cpu temp shown in ring the same way....

I do have 2 ways to get temp information...using external script or by grepping the information...but to have right syntax in clock_rings.lua has eluded my tries....

I attached the bluelua folder....with my changes into it so that it behaves as in my attachment. If Jemimah or any other has higher knowledge of bluelua or right conky syntax...I would appreciate it to be known...or url of the way to go.
Yep...I know...there are hundreds of conky configuration threads all over the net....but this conky lua stuff is ew to me....and hunting this cpu temp special info does not seem to be easy....
Attachments
bluelua.tar.gz
(40.76 KiB) Downloaded 324 times

jemimah

#2519 Post by jemimah »

scabz wrote:A quick question what is the differences between printer-scanner-core.pet, printer-scanner-001.sfs and printer-scanner-driver.sfs ?
The new printer-scanner-driver sfs has every printer driver I know about, including the big lexmark ones. Also it was built with the sfs-builder so it should integrate into the ppm so dependency checking will work correctly. (I should do this with the DevX too, but not for the first release.)

It should be possible now to install printer drivers through the ppm so you can get just the drivers you need.

Or there may be a situation where you don't know what kind of printer you will need the drivers for, and you want all drivers, so use the sfs in that case.

jemimah

#2520 Post by jemimah »

pemasu wrote:Bluelua. I managed to get battery percent shown in ring as rising-descending blue ring....but how to get the cpu temp shown in ring the same way....

I do have 2 ways to get temp information...using external script or by grepping the information...but to have right syntax in clock_rings.lua has eluded my tries....

I attached the bluelua folder....with my changes into it so that it behaves as in my attachment. If Jemimah or any other has higher knowledge of bluelua or right conky syntax...I would appreciate it to be known...or url of the way to go.
Yep...I know...there are hundreds of conky configuration threads all over the net....but this conky lua stuff is ew to me....and hunting this cpu temp special info does not seem to be easy....
Temp is really difficult because the sensors output on every machine is totally different. I'll take a look at this.