Faces: Project management software

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
disciple

Faces: Project management software

#1 Post by disciple »

(This is more a suggestion than a request, because I don't want it personally)

Users of Microsoft Project, Openproj, Gantt Project, GanttPV, KPlato, Gnome Planner, or Angelfalls (a maintained fork of Openproj) may be interested in "Faces".

Highlights from the intro on the home page:
Who will benefit from faces?
Anybody who is tired spending hours of trying to get your project data into a software tool, that offers limited functionality.
Creating and restructuring project plans is much faster than any grid or formular based method could be. The whole concept of faces aims to reduce your time, you have to spend for working on your project management tool. As project manager you need your time for managing your project, not your tool.
Screenshots

I haven't tried it myself, but I suspect it is not compatible with Microsoft Project.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

technosaurus

#2 Post by technosaurus »

python is not too bad but
# wxPython (required if you want to use the graphical user interface)
yeah, I pretty much hate wx
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].

disciple

#3 Post by disciple »

Yeah, it is pretty dependency heavy, which is why I haven't tried it, not having a need myself.

There are a couple of wxwidgets "killer apps", but nothing for wxpython that is "killer" enough for me to install it ;)

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

aragon

#4 Post by aragon »

There is something called frozen package on their dl-page that could be a static package.

But they say it's beta and the last official version seems to be from 2008. So in my eyes it's unsupported...

Aragon

disciple

#5 Post by disciple »

Oh - I didn't notice that. There is a fork with a few fixes, but yes, it looks dead.
Apparently it has been integrated into OpenERP too, but that looks like it is getting really heavy.

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER