Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 26 Nov 2014, 13:36
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Wary and Racy 5.3 final
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 5 of 14 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, ..., 12, 13, 14 Next
kommisar

PostPosted: Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:19    Post_subject: unrar?
Sub_title: capability to unrar files in Racy 5.3?

I can't seem to unrar some archive using the "zip" icon on the desktop. The application apparently doesn't work with rar files. Is there any easy way to add this functionality to Racy 5.3?
puppy_apprentice

PostPosted: Wed 18 Apr 2012, 13:50    Post_subject:  

u can try to find a tool called unrar or try to convert your rar file to eg. zip or tar and later use tools installed in Puppy:

http://www.online-convert.com/
Billtoo

PostPosted: Wed 18 Apr 2012, 14:02    Post_subject: Wary and Racy 5.3 final
Sub_title: firefox-12.0 beta 6

Edit: removed
Pence

PostPosted: Sun 22 Apr 2012, 16:17    Post_subject:  

Racy 5.3 seems to work fine with Intel core i3-2120 and Asus P8 H67-M PRO with 4gb ram. Only video setting is 1024x768 60.0* but that is the one I would have selected. Edit: Now I have that problem of no shutdown or reboot and then xorg problem after manual shutdown.
Edited_time_total
L18L

PostPosted: Mon 23 Apr 2012, 04:25    Post_subject: momanager
Sub_title: menu

Edited my solution for translating menu items, see
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=77303&start=57
vtpup

PostPosted: Mon 23 Apr 2012, 10:26    Post_subject:  

Racy 5.3 ...ditto on gmplayer not working in any resolution but original file resolution -- ie "half size, double size, full screen, etc all simply show the video in original resolution with a big yellow frame around it to match the request.

Also ditto on real dislike of the Racy 53 electric blue wallpaper theme and icons -- I'm not a bling fanatic, I usually just use the stock Puppy theme, but this time I had to change everything, the desktop was so jarring and uncomfortable to look at. If I was a new user, I'd wonder whether I'd want to use Racy.

I realize that's personal, but unusual for me to have such a strong reaction. I imported icons from earlier puppies, since didn't particularly like what was available (Puppy 431 was blue, too, but very easy to work with and accept. Seemed friendlier.)

Sorry, no desire to offend anyone, just a personal reaction in case user reactions are useful.

Acer Iconia A1-830 x86 tablet -- Puppy some day?
666philb

PostPosted: Mon 23 Apr 2012, 12:24    Post_subject:  

gnome-mplayer may need you graphic drivers installed to change the screen size
vtpup

PostPosted: Mon 23 Apr 2012, 15:18    Post_subject:  

666philb wrote:

Thanks 666philb, but which drivers do you mean? (my graphics hardware is reported as: Intel 2nd generation core processor family integrated graphics controller )

btw VLC has no problem with graphics screen sizing on this same computer. Why would Mplayer require specialized video drivers?

Acer Iconia A1-830 x86 tablet -- Puppy some day?
B.K. Johnson

PostPosted: Tue 24 Apr 2012, 03:52    Post_subject: Revol incomplete  

Retrovol in wary-5.3 seems to provide for output only. I cannot record from line input. See attachment.
retrovol.png
 Description   
 Filesize   8.84 KB
 Viewed   1252 Time(s)

retrovol.png

OscarTalks

PostPosted: Tue 24 Apr 2012, 20:26    Post_subject:  

Is there nothing more further down in that Retrovol window? It seems cut off in the screenshot.

These things depend on your hardware. The input / record / capture controls may show up as a different device.

You could try alsamixer (type it in to the terminal). It shows all the soundcards using the F6 key and switches between them. The F4 key will isolate and show all the capture controls.

voronv

PostPosted: Tue 24 Apr 2012, 21:42    Post_subject: Wireless setup is not getting saved to save file in Racy
Sub_title: How to make Racy save successful wireless connection and autoreconnect at boot time?

Is this a bug or my illiteracy?
I boot my Dell Mini 9 with Racy 5.3 from flash drive and set up a wireless connection, over Broadcom B4312 card.
It works until reboot.
It takes entire minute or 2 to "save" my settings at shut down, but when it reboots - it never auto connects to my router. It alwaqys shows some 192.168.33.0 IP address (where only it comes from?).

Sucks. Please advise.
firak

PostPosted: Wed 25 Apr 2012, 16:38    Post_subject:  

Racy - is the ounly puppy that support properly my sound card, and I can use the mike -also.
[url] http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=622799#622799[/url]
B.K. Johnson

PostPosted: Fri 27 Apr 2012, 00:54    Post_subject: Retrovol incomplete  

OscarTalks

There is nothing below; what u see is what I got.

The snapshot I posted came from my laptop running wary-5.3. I get the same with racy-5.2.2. But on my desktop the GUI is OK for both. So as you said it must be hardware related.

[EDIT]
I had just added saluki and wary-5.3 to my flashdrive kennel. Saluki performance on my desktop was poor because of insufficient memory (512MB) so I switched the testing to my laptop (3 GB). When done I rebooted to test the new wary-5.3. Being accustomed to puppies having mic input as the default setting whereas my needs are for line input I routinely launched mhWaveEdit and checked the mixer. Hence my alarm. But I am now thinking that the graphic reflects the fact that my laptop does not have a line input from which to record. Later, on checking saluki, I saw that there is only Playback.

So I conclude i have raised a false alarm Embarassed .

BK
Argolance

PostPosted: Fri 27 Apr 2012, 07:05    Post_subject:  

Hello,
Why could I make my wacom tablet graphire3 working with Wary/Racy 5.2 and not with the latest release 5.3? Tried all what I could (following posts and tutorials found in this Forum) but without success... Confused

Cordialement.

666philb

PostPosted: Fri 27 Apr 2012, 08:20    Post_subject:  

vtpup wrote:
666philb wrote:

Thanks 666philb, but which drivers do you mean? (my graphics hardware is reported as: Intel 2nd generation core processor family integrated graphics controller )

btw VLC has no problem with graphics screen sizing on this same computer. Why would Mplayer require specialized video drivers?

i just found that gnome-mplayer requires your video drivers to change screen size (vlc doesn't though).... don't know why.... but on a fresh install i have the same problem as you until i either install nvidia /ati / or xorg high drivers.
video drivers is one of the first things i install on a fresh install

Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 5 of 14 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, ..., 12, 13, 14 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum