Intel D915GAV mobo / Chubby Puppy 1.0.5

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
SideshowMel

Intel D915GAV mobo / Chubby Puppy 1.0.5

#1 Post by SideshowMel »

I have an Intel D915GAV mb with built-in SATA and NIC adapter. Neither work with Chubby 1.0.5. I guess I should try the latest version of normal Puppy, except I like the additional software included with Chubby. (how might I use the latest version, but still be able to add Mozilla and Open Office?)

Also, I use a wireless keyboard/mouse. I have had some issues getting the command-line to accept more than a few characters at a time before saying there was a critical keyboard failure, although it immedately works again. Weird.

Any word on when there will be SATA support? I needed to load puppy so I can access my Fedora Core 5 partition to repair a damaged file (I had made a backup copy prior to editing and simply needed to paste the backup over the bad one), but like I said, I couldn't get it to access my Fedora partition on my Serial ATA HD (Seagate). Also, I can't get the NIC adapter to work, and since I can't get on the internet using Puppy, I'm not really sure how to get drivers for my NIC adapter onto the Puppy disc. (I want everything to run off the CD-R, including OpenOffice, SATA support, and drivers for my NIC card.) Any suggestions? Thanks.

SideshowMel

#2 Post by SideshowMel »

Just to clarify, the problem is not that I can't access just the Fedora partition on the SATA drive, I can't access any partitions on the SATA drive, NTFS, FAT32, or 8E...