Revised Abiword-docs pet

Word processors, spreadsheets, presentations, translation, etc.
Monsie

Revised Abiword-docs pet

#1 Post by Monsie »

Hi all,

Just recently, I discovered some problems with the version of Abiword docs that I have been using -- version 2.8.1 It turns out that some French language files were put in the En-Us directory, and as a result the En-Us directory was missing the English equivalent of those files... Also, some of the links on the help pages were not functional.

So, I moved some help pages, added some others, and fixed a few dead links. In the process, I found that some links still do not work, after testing the manual on-line, so it would seem that the developers of Abiword still have some work to do in terms of updating the manual.

In short, I have re-packaged version 2.8.1 and have made a revised pet for anyone like me who happens to be using it still. I have tested it on my desktop which runs Wary 5.3 but I believe it will work with most Puppies.

Note: since doing this, I've discovered there are newer pets for Abiword-docs in fact, so it's likely there are fixes and improvements for those also. That said, my revised pet is an improvement for Version 2.8.1 only and is not meant to replace something newer.

UPDATE: May 17th, 2012

I had a feeling that I might have missed some bugs, so I went through the help manual again... backward and forward..., and I found a few more things to fix including: three missing web pages, and about five more broken links. I also put in a package description for Puppy Package Manager. There are still some missing pages in the on-line help manual, so I now feel that I've done as much as I can do with re-packaging this version.

Monsie
My [u]username[/u] is pronounced: "mun-see". Derived from my surname, it was my nickname throughout high school.

Monsie

Revised Abiword-docs pet

#2 Post by Monsie »

Hi all,

Just a heads-up to see my update to my initial post... I thought my post would get a new time stamp when I edited it, but for some reason it did not --not sure what happened there.

Monsie
My [u]username[/u] is pronounced: "mun-see". Derived from my surname, it was my nickname throughout high school.