New community hub online, need some critical feedback

News, happenings

Is this what you expected? \will it fit your needs better or worse?

Totally
33%
No!!!, Over cooked chicken!!! (Total over kill)
17%
Forget all this Bling man!!, just give me the Files with a simple interface!
50%
Meh....I could care less
No votes

Total votes: 6

Saturn

New community hub online, need some critical feedback

#1 Post by Saturn »

Hi, I Promised on the Facebook page& possibly here, as well that I will full-fill my longer standing commitment to serve the puppy linux community in the best manner possible by upgrading and\or expanding the services I provide to something more than just a stand alone repository, Like I have been doing for the last two years

During That time I have started it's first incarnation, brainwavedesigncentral.net, with much help from wolf_pup,sickgut and most importantly BIG_mike who contributed the boat load of packages(39GB OF PACKAGES AND DISC IMAGES !!!!!!) came from him alone!!! They are now hosted on Russoodle's site, but are no longer updated

Also he helped brainwave achieve a number one search ranking on google for a few weeks, it was listed before puppylinux.ca or any other site, when you entered the search term "puppy linux repository" or any similar search term that involved puppy packages afterwards we maintained a steady 3rd place

Last summer my mother contracted ovarian and breast cancer , and I could no longer afford the yearly installments of 300+ dollars every December, so, while the domain died, my repo's spirit lived on to a new domain, puppy linux central.net, on a host that was providing service on a month to month basis

But my money situation has improved(At least for now)

That site(puppy linux central) is currently down at the moment and will be for awhile, as an update messed it up and I have to have the storage zapped and start over, so I went to find another solution,as I would need some one that has decent admin skills to set it up ,once more.

(Or maybe not, I might just use the freshly reformatted space, as remote storage for the new host, as it's storage is quite tiny only 1.5 GB!)

one that is managed and provides everything I have been wanting to do for puppy, for the last two years.....

I have figured that If I really want to be the most inclusive puppy linux website that I can possibly work Towards ,It might be a bit expensive, but I will see what my monetary constraints shall be in the next few months/years of serving the puppy linux community are,...

and contrast them, with what everyone would desire or need from me

SO!!!......
Here is the 3rd incarnation of my community "out reach" hobby
Link:
http://puppy-linux-hub.invisionconnect.com/

This a community driven project meaning it's all for you guys!

In order to be of best use to the community and serve it's needs adequately,

Please feel free to share your thoughts, comments and ideas about if this current incarnation is any better than my previous efforts , over the last two years...

If you were thinking of having another kind of setup and are displeased with this one, in any way, please describe in the most detail that you can provide, of what would be "Ideal" for you!

Thanks!

mikeybaby72

#2 Post by mikeybaby72 »

Sounds like a great idea to me. I have a fairly extensive collection of ISOs of various Puppies/Puplets but I don't think I can top the figure you mentioned above!!!

I, for one have signed up and will be watching this new kennel closely - If you need any help then you know where to go to find me. All the best from Sheffield, UK.
----------------
Now playing: How Much Is That Doggie In The Window - Patti Page - YouTube
via FoxyTunes
Adopt a Puppy TODAY - they are Man's best friend! :D

Currently researching "Linux on Android project" - wanting to compile a Puppy to run in my hand on my Droid ... This has always been a dream of mine. ;-)

Karl Godt

#3 Post by Karl Godt »

The Login / Registration had not been intuitive to me
OR the " Manitou " is or was not with me "
to register without hassles " (anymore (anywhere)) :D

I have difficulties to judge the Poll and woted " totally " , because

"overcooked chickens" are not known to me .. :oops:

Does overcooked mean " too bare " , like chickens overcooked might loose flesh (andor feathers) ?

At least i can say that your new site looks cool and is nice to use .

I have no project , but could upload some of my kernels for testing purposes .

darkcity

#4 Post by darkcity »

is this site being maintained?