Skulltag

Play with your Puppy.
Orangestar

Skulltag

#1 Post by Orangestar »

Well, that took longer than expected. But here she is! The Skulltag pet!

SOME NOTES:

- This is my first .pet, as such I've probably screwed something up. Any help is greatly appreciated.
- As stated before, this is my first .pet, so the dependencies will not show. But I have listed the dependencies below, so you won't be in vain.

THE DEPENDENCIES:

You will need everything Odamex needs, plus SDL_net. These .pets are available at this topic.. Pretty much just download everything in the first post except for the last attachment, and SDL_net in the third post.

You will also need mesa. The latest version is available in PPM.

You will need to place libfmodex-4.24.16.so in /usr/lib.

You will need to place libts-0.0.so.0.1.1 in /usr/lib and then create a symlink in the same directory entitled libts-0.0.so.0

When all is said and done, place your Doom iwads (or a symlink to them) in /usr/games/skulltag . This is also where the skulltag files are.

If you are undeterred by the above, the .pet is available here.

To run from a console, first type cd /usr/games/skulltag. The commands are "skulltag" and "skulltag-server".

THE MENU OPTION DOES NOT WORK. I've tried and tried and ultimately given up. You'll have to create a script and call it "skulltag.sh". The script will have:

Code: Select all

cd /usr/games/skulltag
skulltag
This does NOT INCLUDE DOOMSEEKER. I've reserved a post below for when I compile a .pet for Doomseeker.
Last edited by Orangestar on Sat 03 Mar 2012, 23:28, edited 3 times in total.
Vertical conversion kits are for aquariums.

Orangestar

#2 Post by Orangestar »

The aforementioned reserved post.

Orangestar

#3 Post by Orangestar »

Ok sorry for the triple post, but I couldn't seem to get the attachment thing to work (It kept telling me i hadn't set a post type or something?) so I just hosted it with Dropbox.

Ale

#4 Post by Ale »

I was excited when I heard skulltag got open sourced. It is probably the most popular of the doom ports and definitely my favorite to play. I will have to try this out.

Any plans to put up doomseeker with this?

Orangestar

#5 Post by Orangestar »

Ale wrote:I was excited when I heard skulltag got open sourced. It is probably the most popular of the doom ports and definitely my favorite to play. I will have to try this out.

Any plans to put up doomseeker with this?
Haha, late reply. I was PLANNING to, but honestly lost the gumption after loosing two Slacko saves to my computer hating my iPhone. I think I have it all sorted out so I may give it a try someday.

Ale

#6 Post by Ale »

I have finally got around to trying out the pet and it wants directfb which slacko doesn't appear to have. did I get the wrong mesa?

Orangestar

#7 Post by Orangestar »

Ale wrote:I have finally got around to trying out the pet and it wants directfb which slacko doesn't appear to have. did I get the wrong mesa?
Heh, my bad. Took me a while to find this, but the libs are also required for Links 2.3, so thankfully they're attached in this post. Strange that I didn't need them before, however..