Abiword processor

Please post any bugs you have found
chekrout

Abiword processor

#1 Post by chekrout »

I can open Abiword, start a new doc and type a few paragraphs and occasionally when I hit 'save as' The doc just disappears. Does the same thing if I open the desktop icon 'Write' which I assume is the same word processor. This happens when I try to 'save as' or just 'save'. Doesn't do it every time. Just about 3 out of 5 docs.
Another thing that happens is I can have a doc that is Named and saved in 'My documents' no longer allow me to save it after I have made several corrections and spell checks. A popup says it cannot save this document. Acts like it has a limited number of saves.
I am running Slacko 5.3.0 ( I am not confident enough to upgrade to a newer version since I have a frugal install on my HD and Slacko is the only OS on my Dell Optiplex 270 SFF. Wondering if others have experienced this problem and does the fix require a newer version of Slacko? It's a real pita to write almost a whole letter and then have it disappear when you try to save it.

bigpup

#2 Post by bigpup »

This is not a Slacko only problem.
This is just the problem with Abiword. It just does strange stuff like this, for no apparent reason.
If you want to really be doing word processing, use Libreoffice or Openoffice.
Libreoffice
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=65918
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

chekrout

#3 Post by chekrout »

Thanks for the headsup Bigpup :D