Need libqt-mt.so.3 for Opera

Using applications, configuring, problems
jus407

Need libqt-mt.so.3 for Opera

#1 Post by jus407 »

ok i know i saw a topic over this somewhere can someone help me i searched high and low i am missing the file libqt-mt.so.3 i know i saw a opera howt- over it somewhere but i cannot locate it anymore help?!?
FYI my unleashed puppy is WAY ahead of shedule i might realse soon info over it:

puppy 2.02
opera
backbone (hardly NO programs, just bare essentials)

sunburnt

#2 Post by sunburnt »

jus407; I went to Google & typed in: "debian libqt-mt.so.3" & after several pages, it led me here:

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/down ... &type=main

MU

#3 Post by MU »

install QT 3.3.4 in Pupget.
Mark

fitzhugh

#4 Post by fitzhugh »

sunburnt, why did you add "debian" to the search? Just curious, since I would not have known to do so.

In fact, I guess I'm wondering if puppy is closest to one or another particular major distro, whether it is possible to try packages for them when available. I know there is unrpm, and I have installed many things from source, as well as the knowing about the debian installer, but are we close to anything? What determines that, direcotory structure and file location? Included something, like libs?

If it is primarily a matter of directory structure, then can you set up directories or links so that you CAN install other specific types of packages, perhaps after getting the right package tool?

thanks
fitzhugh
(finally recovered enough from lastweeks sunburn! Only then I put my hand through a window and got LOTS o stitches. I'm on such a role! At least I don't also have a user named bleedinggash to rub it in like all the help you've given me :)

sunburnt

#5 Post by sunburnt »

Hey fitzhugh; If MU says that the PupGet package QT is what you want... use it!

I used Debian because it narrows the search for Google, & I'm familiar with the Debian distro.
I've used RedHat packages with good success & easy to find, Slack I could never find what I wanted.
Debian's dir. structure is slightly different from Puppy, as most of them probably are.
As far as Puppy's similarity to other distros, Slack is the closest I guess (file & dir. wise).
Packages will probably work if the distro's kernel is the same major version as the your Puppy's.
Puppy1 is kernel 2.4.x, Puppy2 is 2.6.x, stuff can work accross the kernels, & sometimes not even with the same one.
Any 2.4.x stuff will probably work for Puppy1, 2.6.x stuff may or may not work, there's been lots of changes in 2.6.x.
This is all from what I've read & from personal experiance, if someone knows better... set me straight!

Damn dude! You are on a roll aren't you? Hopefully the winds will change & you'll win the Lottery!

toddyjoe

#6 Post by toddyjoe »

I use debs and RPMs quite frequently with Puppy for different binaries and libraries. Sometimes they work, sometimes they do not, and sometimes they do ugly things to your base operating system. Fortunately, I have a testing computer where I run disposal versions of Puppy, meaning I delete the save file every time I power off. That way, I start from scratch every time I boot Puppy up and any mistakes (or any bad debs or RPMs) from my last session are gone. If you do not have this luxury, you have to walk a more careful line with picking and choosing which debs and RPMs you think might work and which will not. I would say sunburnt's advice is pretty good if you want to play it safe.

sunburnt

#7 Post by sunburnt »

Usually I'm filling in needed libs & dependancies & I haven't had any trouble like that.
I did take the Ethereal (a top natch network scanner) package from Debian for Puppy & no problems.