Browsers, email, chat, etc.
majorfoo

Seamonkey-2.10 Beta 2

#1 Post by majorfoo »

Seamonkey-2.10 Beta 2 is now available for download

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/news

darkcity

#2 Post by darkcity »

do you know if this is compatible with UnPlug?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/unplug/

Makoto

#3 Post by Makoto »

Try this:

Install the Disable Add-on Compatibility Checks addon (or use whatever method you prefer to disable the compatibility check).

Then, visit the Unplug page on addons.mozilla.org (which you linked to), and click on the "+ Add to Firefox" button, then the "Install Anyway" button that appears. If that doesn't work, right-click the "+ Add to Firefox" button, and select Save Link Target from the menu to save the .xpi to disk. Open the folder you saved the .xpi to, and drag the .xpi onto the Seamonkey browser window (the actual page view, not the toolbars, menus, titlebar, etc.). The addon install window should open.
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

darkcity

#4 Post by darkcity »

Thanks for the help - unplug installed. Unfortunately its menu and toolbar options don't show up.

Makoto

#5 Post by Makoto »

It doesn't add a toolbar button by default, though it does add a button to the mini-toolbar in the bottom left corner of the status bar. If you want the toolbar button, the checkbox for it should be in the Integration page of UnPlug's options. (Edit: Well, okay, that option doesn't seem to work correctly. But the button in the mini-toolbar does work - I tested it earlier. :D)

I'm not sure about the menu options; I've only ever used UnPlug by clicking on one of the buttons, when I want to save something, and configured it through the add-on manager. :)
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

darkcity

#6 Post by darkcity »

Thanks Makoto,

found it!

for anyone else who's blind - see attachment

---

Unfortunately the video I wanted to 'unplug' has been taken down, mayeb they will re-up it - fingers crossing

8)
Attachments
unplugNsemonkey.png
(80.74 KiB) Downloaded 250 times