Lugaru

Play with your Puppy.
`f00

#21 Post by `f00 »

hi cfw

Look in the *.desktop with a text editor/viewer - the exec line gives the command to enter in a terminal, it may need a full path if it's not in a common location

ot - you can crop your screenies to make them smaller (some backwards folk like me are on dialup and mb+ screenies are slow to display :lol: )

connorfranciswillcocks

#22 Post by connorfranciswillcocks »

`f00 wrote:hi cfw

Look in the *.desktop with a text editor/viewer - the exec line gives the command to enter in a terminal, it may need a full path if it's not in a common location

ot - you can crop your screenies to make them smaller (some backwards folk like me are on dialup and mb+ screenies are slow to display :lol: )

Hi tried doing as you said but still nothing coming up so decided to save some time and move my whole puppy onto another distro, i am now running lucid 528 so can now right click and run in terminal, after running in the terminal i get the following message;

SDL_SetVideoMode() failed: Couldn't find matching GLX visual
forcing 640x480...
forcing 640x480 windowed mode...
/tmp/runinterminal-10624: line 3: 10636 Segmentation fault "/mnt/home/Puppy Pets/Luaru/lugaru-rev269-linux32/lugaru"
Script completed hit RETURN to close window.

forcing 640x480...
forcing 640x480 windowed mode...
/tmp/runinterminal-10624: line 3: 10636 Segmentation fault "/mnt/home/Puppy Pets/Luaru/lugaru-rev269-linux32/lugaru"
Script completed hit RETURN to close window.

I think this could be some graphic card issue but i have installed mesa and other drivers aswell as all dependencies needed for Lugaru to run.

Lol sorry about screenshots i will shrink down to a suitable size, :)

connorfranciswillcocks

#23 Post by connorfranciswillcocks »

Okay so i fixed the issue of the graphics card by installing a updated version of mesa from slacko dependencies.

This is what the terminal now reads;

/mnt/home/Puppy Pets/Luaru/lugaru-rev269-linux32/lugaru: error while loading shared libraries: libxcb-glx.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

`f00

#24 Post by `f00 »

First check if the lib exists (should be a longer name like libxcb-glx.so.0.*.**** which libxcb-glx.so.0 is a symlink to), libs are mostly in that big /usr/lib dir.

rclick in rox and make a symlink (you'll probably have to clip the tail of the name to match what you're missing .. relative is ok for the tickbox, I think) if the lib is extant. If not, find the lib package and install it (or extract and do manually one at a time if it's a big complex deal with lots of stuff that may not be truly needed) - then back to the console!

disclaimer - this 'lib-o-rama' can get messy and it's not strictly kosher, but .. if you take care it may do the needful

connorfranciswillcocks

#25 Post by connorfranciswillcocks »

`f00 wrote:First check if the lib exists (should be a longer name like libxcb-glx.so.0.*.**** which libxcb-glx.so.0 is a symlink to), libs are mostly in that big /usr/lib dir.

rclick in rox and make a symlink (you'll probably have to clip the tail of the name to match what you're missing .. relative is ok for the tickbox, I think) if the lib is extant. If not, find the lib package and install it (or extract and do manually one at a time if it's a big complex deal with lots of stuff that may not be truly needed) - then back to the console!

disclaimer - this 'lib-o-rama' can get messy and it's not strictly kosher, but .. if you take care it may do the needful

:shock: Mind boggled lol, tried some of the things you mentioned but still no luck, however :idea: i did manage to get it running by using wine, i downloaded the zip installed to the program files of the wine directory and Hey presto lugaru started, although this isnt what i wanted as i prefer using linux packages, i will have to use the exe for this one. Thanks for your help 'f00 and Scabz :D :D :D

scabz

#26 Post by scabz »

connorfranciswillcocks sounds like you dont have the right video driver installed, what video card do you have intel ati or nvidia

connorfranciswillcocks

#27 Post by connorfranciswillcocks »

scabz wrote:connorfranciswillcocks sounds like you dont have the right video driver installed, what video card do you have intel ati or nvidia
Hi Scabz, Intel Centrino Vpro

scabz

#28 Post by scabz »

well then i guess you do have the right video driver installed, you have Xorg High-GLX installed on lupu right?

connorfranciswillcocks

#29 Post by connorfranciswillcocks »

scabz wrote:well then i guess you do have the right video driver installed, you have Xorg High-GLX installed on lupu right?
Yh Xorg High-GLX on Lupu and Slacko but still nothing.

scabz

#30 Post by scabz »

ok let me see if i can get it to run on one of my other computers with intel video, the one i am useing has nvidia and libxcb-glx.so.0 is not on my system and it runs. will replay back in a bit.

scabz

#31 Post by scabz »

ok so i just tried it on my eeepc 1005hab and it ran fine with xorg-high 1.1 on lupuPlus 528-005 and libxcb-glx.so.0 is not on this system also.

have you tried deleting the config files and rerunning it /root/.lugaru

scabz

#32 Post by scabz »

another thing to try would be to start with a fresh savefile then install only xorg high then run from terminal and it will tell you what is missing and install only needed libs if you need any libs you can use my compiled ones http://www.mediafire.com/?s1dlhc3i7muhc

connorfranciswillcocks

#33 Post by connorfranciswillcocks »

scabz wrote:another thing to try would be to start with a fresh savefile then install only xorg high then run from terminal and it will tell you what is missing and install only needed libs if you need any libs you can use my compiled ones http://www.mediafire.com/?s1dlhc3i7muhc
Thanks Scabz, started with a fresh savefile, installed just Xorg HIGH, ran the terminal, recieved list of what was missing which was the general dependencies reinstalled all and Walla it is now running. Thanks again.

Connor. :D :D :D , one of the dependencies must of been corrupt!

scabz

#34 Post by scabz »

here is a sfs for Lugaru if anyone wants it, battleshooter you can edit your post and add my link if you want to.

Lugaru-rev269.sfs http://www.mediafire.com/?n2fjc999uzc8d68
md5 f1ec7865a20f2c8e57c173dd1791c492

battleshooter

#35 Post by battleshooter »

Great, scabz, thanks man.
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=94580]LMMS 1.0.2[/url], [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=94593]Ardour 3.5.389[/url], [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=94629]Kdenlive 0.9.8[/url]

Eldon

#36 Post by Eldon »

Seems to also require libdirectfb-1.2-9.so

I haven't had any luck finding it though.

scabz

#37 Post by scabz »

Eldon which puppy are you using, on lupu 528-005 libdirectfb-1.2.so.9 is a systemlink to libdirectfb-1.2.so.9.0.1 located at usr/lib/ .
maybe you need to make a systemlink i don't really know but you should have that lib installed.

Eldon

#38 Post by Eldon »

Using slacko 5.3.1

That lib isn't there on mine and I can't find it online. Thanks.

scabz

#39 Post by scabz »

here is the source http://directfb.org/index.php?path=Main%2FDownloads
i do not have slacko on any of my systems so i cant compile it, maybe somebody else can or you can.

Eldon

#40 Post by Eldon »

Thanks!

I'll try that when I get around to it.