Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 31 Jul 2014, 15:53
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Puppy-eloix: Electronics, Schematics and Engineering
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 3 of 3 [42 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Author Message
abu_ilya

Joined: 08 May 2008
Posts: 71

PostPosted: Fri 08 Jun 2012, 09:15    Post subject:  

inoxidabile wrote:
Thank You very much Smile
Finally I got it and it runs fine ! Very Happy

Great... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy a good job !

I'm glad it finally worked. If you have any questions about how to use the programs on it, or need examples..., just ask

regards,
abu_ilya
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
abu_ilya

Joined: 08 May 2008
Posts: 71

PostPosted: Fri 08 Jun 2012, 09:20    Post subject:  

Barkin wrote:
abu_ilya wrote:
Can you attach a sound sample pronouncing that? I can use it to replace the initial puppy-linux barking

I did say "electro pup" but it's come out more like "electric pup" (WAV file in ZIP attached) ....

nice, could you do something similar with:
'Ohm-My-Dawg'

Do you know _where_ to put the sound sample so it plays when starting up?

regards,
abu_ilya
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
RetroTechGuy


Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Posts: 2666
Location: USA

PostPosted: Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:31    Post subject: Re: What does it & they do? (puppy-eloix) (part2)  

abu_ilya wrote:

7. Eagle 5.6.0
This is a freeware version of a PCB-design package which is very popular in Europe (certainly in Germany). The free version is limited to half a eurocard (16cm*10cm) and two layers for routing. Keeping in mind we do a lot with smd's these days these limitations are most of the time no problem at all.


BTW, for those who haven't used it, EAGLE Rocks! If you wanted a professional tool, it's a good one to try (it's free for home users/non-profits -- what's a non profit? If you use it to make money, you're not non-profit -- but $50 gets you in the door with a basic registration).

You'll pay a lot more money to get any other CAD that works anywhere near as well.

_________________
Add swapfile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
abu_ilya

Joined: 08 May 2008
Posts: 71

PostPosted: Fri 08 Jun 2012, 13:43    Post subject: Re: What does it & they do? (puppy-eloix) (part2)  

RetroTechGuy wrote:
abu_ilya wrote:

7. Eagle 5.6.0
This is a freeware version of a PCB-design package which is very popular in Europe (certainly in Germany). The free version is limited to half a eurocard (16cm*10cm) and two layers for routing. Keeping in mind we do a lot with smd's these days these limitations are most of the time no problem at all.


BTW, for those who haven't used it, EAGLE Rocks! If you wanted a professional tool, it's a good one to try (it's free for home users/non-profits -- what's a non profit? If you use it to make money, you're not non-profit -- but $50 gets you in the door with a basic registration).

You'll pay a lot more money to get any other CAD that works anywhere near as well.

Right you are, and what's great too is that it runs natively under Linux!

abu_ilya
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Barkin


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 678

PostPosted: Fri 08 Jun 2012, 15:48    Post subject:  

abu_ilya wrote:
Do you know _where_ to put the sound sample so it plays when starting up?

"2barks.wav", in puppy-reference, audio is the start-up sound, I think, [ for some reason there is another copy of "2barks" but in AU format in the same directory]
puppy sounds.png
 Description   
 Filesize   8.59 KB
 Viewed   430 Time(s)

puppy sounds.png


Last edited by Barkin on Fri 08 Jun 2012, 15:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
RetroTechGuy


Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Posts: 2666
Location: USA

PostPosted: Fri 08 Jun 2012, 15:51    Post subject: Re: What does it & they do? (puppy-eloix) (part2)  

abu_ilya wrote:
RetroTechGuy wrote:
abu_ilya wrote:

7. Eagle 5.6.0
This is a freeware version of a PCB-design package which is very popular in Europe (certainly in Germany). The free version is limited to half a eurocard (16cm*10cm) and two layers for routing. Keeping in mind we do a lot with smd's these days these limitations are most of the time no problem at all.


BTW, for those who haven't used it, EAGLE Rocks! If you wanted a professional tool, it's a good one to try (it's free for home users/non-profits -- what's a non profit? If you use it to make money, you're not non-profit -- but $50 gets you in the door with a basic registration).

You'll pay a lot more money to get any other CAD that works anywhere near as well.

Right you are, and what's great too is that it runs natively under Linux!

abu_ilya


I started using it about 15 years ago. I always suspected that it was originally native under Linux, and later compiled for Windows...

_________________
Add swapfile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Barkin


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 678

PostPosted: Fri 08 Jun 2012, 17:58    Post subject:  

abu_ilya wrote:
could you do something similar with:
'Ohm-My-Dawg'

You did ask (but hearing a pun repeatedly is going to get annoying)...
Ohm-my-dawg-x3.zip
Description 
zip

 Download 
Filename  Ohm-my-dawg-x3.zip 
Filesize  991.65 KB 
Downloaded  201 Time(s) 
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
abu_ilya

Joined: 08 May 2008
Posts: 71

PostPosted: Sat 09 Jun 2012, 02:46    Post subject:  

Barkin wrote:
abu_ilya wrote:
could you do something similar with:
'Ohm-My-Dawg'

You did ask (but hearing a pun repeatedly is going to get annoying)...

thanks, I'll see which one I'll put on the next version

abu_ilya
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
mini-jaguar

Joined: 13 Nov 2008
Posts: 462

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jul 2012, 11:58    Post subject:  

I have tried to download it using every single link in this thread, in some cases the same link several times. None of them work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
cthisbear

Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Posts: 3398
Location: Sydney Australia

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jul 2012, 17:55    Post subject:  

Working in OZ

Download (428.4 MB)...from this site..

http://i.minus.com/1339111263/1gldZTsxrnIJwAv8m0E8mA/dGDamSjx888YI/puppy-eloix3.15.iso

I just did a quick save...and then cancelled it.

Chris.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
mini-jaguar

Joined: 13 Nov 2008
Posts: 462

PostPosted: Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:34    Post subject:  

O.k., thanks, the link works, and I briefly tried eloix and it seems to work fine, but I really don't know how to use the extra programs it comes with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
darkcity


Joined: 23 May 2010
Posts: 2436
Location: near here

PostPosted: Sun 22 Sep 2013, 17:37    Post subject:  

I've been trying out the free version of Eagle, which is a decent electronic schematic tool and much more.

If it asks you for a license key, point it in the direction of this directory
/usr/bin/eagle-5.6.0/bin/

there is a nice tutorial here explaining how to position component labels relative to its symbol.
http://www.esawdust.com/blog/EaglePCB/files/EagleTutorialTip1SeparatePartLabel.html

_________________
helping Wiki for help | IF SendSpace link = "dead" THEN PM me ("up file to http://meownplanet.net/")
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 3 of 3 [42 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0833s ][ Queries: 13 (0.0104s) ][ GZIP on ]